Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Awesome set! It's on my to get list.

And I agree with the author, it should be WW rescuing SM, and not the opposite. Well, at least that's how I'll set it up.

That fun house is top priority on my wants list but is it an exclusive or just a late picture release of the box art?

That fun house is top priority on my wants list but is it an exclusive or just a late picture release of the box art?

It's Hard to Find, according to Shop@Home. :classic:

It's Hard to Find, according to Shop@Home. :classic:

And for those in the USA, S@H 15th December, yep and us Aussies must wait and wait. :cry_sad:

Now thanks also to our regulator from the FBTB link for the Superman set....oh, I join the chorus and say I too can't wait for this set....even just for the three AWESOME minifigs. :grin:

And for those in the USA, S@H 15th December, yep and us Aussies must wait and wait. :cry_sad:

Now thanks also to our regulator from the FBTB link for the Superman set....oh, I join the chorus and say I too can't wait for this set....even just for the three AWESOME minifigs. :grin:

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but if I could I'd return the superman set. I wasn't too impressed with supes ww or lex. Its basically the gangster suit with a fleshy head on top of it. The superman hair piece is unique and all but really, what's the point? They don't have a fleshy glasses head ((as far as I can tell)) that's not Harry Potter, so Ic an't make a Clark Kent, unless I went earth 1 style, but even then, eh. Sure, the mech's cool ((It's really just a recolored atlantis tank minus the tank transforming part)) The kryptonite blaster is cool, Wonder Woman's Lasso look really cheap, and kinda dumb if it's not being used in an action pose. I do sort of regret spending 21 bucks on it...BUT it's a superman. So what the heck.

Catwoman with cycle is neat, I like the new batman, the blue cape thing was my only real problem, the cycle is a carbon copy of the previous, the jet pack is cool but needs to have a black counterpart. The street scene will be added to a moc I'm working on ((finally got the town house done, ish jkust need a roof and the interior)).

It's neat, but I'd want to wait for the second wave this summer. Hopefully Green Lantern will pop up, until it's copies of older sets with a kid friendlier approach.

I will be buying the batcave, The bruce wayne is a must have as is the new robin mask ((Not pleased that it's double sided)) and maybe the batcycle is cooler then it looks. I really doubt it but we'll find out soon enough.

If you have the money go for the Superman set. Just my two cents.

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but if I could I'd return the superman set. I wasn't too impressed with supes ww or lex. Its basically the gangster suit with a fleshy head on top of it. The superman hair piece is unique and all but really, what's the point? They don't have a fleshy glasses head ((as far as I can tell)) that's not Harry Potter, so Ic an't make a Clark Kent, unless I went earth 1 style, but even then, eh. Sure, the mech's cool ((It's really just a recolored atlantis tank minus the tank transforming part)) The kryptonite blaster is cool, Wonder Woman's Lasso look really cheap, and kinda dumb if it's not being used in an action pose. I do sort of regret spending 21 bucks on it...BUT it's a superman. So what the heck.

If you have the money go for the Superman set. Just my two cents.

I don't really like the Superman figure, mostly because the hair looks weird and the face has some lines which make him look kind of old...I do like Wonder Woman, I'd like to use Luthor's suit for a pre-scarred Harvey Dent, and his face is fairly generic too. The mech also has some nice Joker-friendly parts (in fact, you could just put Joker in it and refer to the kryptonite as his laughing gas). I do plan on getting it eventually, but it would probably be the last Super Heroes set I'll get, except for maybe the Batwing (I like the Batwing, but Joker's helicopter is meh and I think it's pretty pricey for what it is).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the set. :classic:

Oh, and about a flesh glasses head, this is the best thing I could come up with, but it's not the best:

Subway_Train_Conductor.jpg

Credit for the picture goes to Huw at Brickset.com.

It's neat, but I'd want to wait for the second wave this summer. Hopefully Green Lantern will pop up, until it's copies of older sets with a kid friendlier approach.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't mind though because the only thing I have from the Batman line is a Killer Croc minifigure I got in a bag of loose LEGOs.

...is a must have as is the new robin mask ((Not pleased that it's double sided)) and maybe the batcycle is cooler then it looks. I really doubt it but we'll find out soon enough.

Really? may I ask why?

On another note, I do agree with the idea that Wonder Woman should be the one rescuing Superman, I think she'd have a better chance at defeating a kryptonite powered mech. :wink:

Edited by Superficial Username

All of the Super Heroes sets and constraction figures (except for the Superman and the Batcave sets) are up for pre-order on the US Shop-At-Home site. Two-Face Chase is actually listed as available for purchase! The minimum purchase for free shipping has also been lowered to $49!

I ordered/pre-ordered the Two-Face, Funhouse, and Catwoman sets :laugh:

That guy seemed pretty harsh on the Batwing. I don't think it looked that bad at all. A little flat maybe, but still decent.

Thanks for linking the reviews Masked Builder. Their views on the Batwing set are quite similar to mine, although I can't help but disagree about the Batmobile. I love it. Okay I admit I would of preferred the Tumbler, but I do love the Batmobile.

Well, I think I'm leaning towards the Funhouse set rather than the Batcave. I'm still not sure....

That guy seemed pretty harsh on the Batwing. I don't think it looked that bad at all. A little flat maybe, but still decent.

Yeah, it's not awful but the last version was better.

Thanks for linking the reviews Masked Builder. Their views on the Batwing set are quite similar to mine, although I can't help but disagree about the Batmobile. I love it. Okay I admit I would of preferred the Tumbler, but I do love the Batmobile.

You're welcome. I don't like the black rims either, and it does look a bit long.

Actually, so far I'm in complete agreement with the FBTB reviews. Lex Luthor's Power Armor has really grown on me, and I'm honestly shocked at how much the new Batmobile improves on the old one. In the same way, I agree that the Batwing is a huge disappointment, especially compared to the amazing first edition version. :sadnew:

I preordered the Funhouse,Catwoman Chase, and Two Face sets from S@H yesterday. Can't wait. Free shipping on orders over $49 right now. I already had bought the kid the City Harbor a while ago for Christmas, but it will probably see ebay now, and we'll play with these assuming they make it in time.

More (clear) pics of the sets and minifigs:

402px-6860-5.jpg

post-486-132389797001.jpg

431px-Two_face_car.png

229px-Joker_henchman-2.png

281px-Joker_henchman_back.png

217px-Joker_back.png

305px-Joker_2012.png

375px-Catwoman_mask_off.png

237px-Catwoman_back.png

246px-Catwoman_2012.png

483px-Batman_jetpack.png

561px-Batman_blue_Jet.png

201px-Batman_back_priting.png

The use of parts on Batman's wing-pack is very innovative. :thumbup:

Edited by Hinckley
Removed enormous picture

More (clear) pics of the sets and minifigs:

The use of parts on Batman's wing-pack is very innovative. :thumbup:

Looks like Bane has taken over as Nightwing :laugh:

It's great that FBTB has been doing reviews and thanks to the people who've been linking to them. I'd still like to see some from here though, but those reviews still seem helpful and I guess I do have an even better idea of what I'm getting (no matter what).

Guess I need to plan some Batwing improvements though...any suggestions for landing gear? :sceptic: What did the first Batwing use?

In other news, the Super Heroes mini site has been down (at least for me), I wonder if it's being updated, as tomorrow is the 15.

Edited by Hinckley
Don't quote pictures, especially enormous ones.

Bane and his leather mask.....I wish he wouldn't tease Robin like that ! :iamded_lol:

I like the Two-Face towing company's vehicle....we tow bank vaults ! :iamded_lol:

Now Cat-woman......now Batman likes ! :smug: