Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Finally, official pics! :laugh: I'll definitely be getting all of these sets! I love the little details like the batcave phone, Two-Face's coin, and the face (which is hopefully printed) on the Joker bomb. My only gripe is Catwoman's new face print making her head look awkward when goggle face is to the front.

I'm still a little disappointed that we still haven't gotten official release dates or heard more about the Riddler/Harley Quinn/Green Lantern set(s) :look:

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or is there an awkward absence of guns for the Batman villains this time around? Aside from Joker's "BANG" gun, that is.

Edited by VenVoi

The finalised versions of the sets look lovely. Thanks Willybob again for getting us images. I'm counting on you to be the first to get us preliminary pics of the Marvel ones. I'm also liking the Hulk figure. Hopefully Iron man and Captain America will also be vastly improved from what was displayed at comic con.

Is it just me, or is that Batmobile really bad, all and all, the two face set is really lacking.

The other sets are on average pretty good in my opinion. I'll still get them all, and I may get two-faces set. Thanks for the pictures though! :thumbup:

The minifig count in the Two-Face set brings it up significantly. 2 goons, and a cop. The faces are nice as well. Too bad I still hate the colorscheme. :sadnew:

One of the things that is annoying for me about this theme is the names of some of the sets - I mean "Catwoman Catycle City Chase" is a bit of an awkward mouthful...too much alliteration! and some of them don't make that much sense, either; "Batmobile and the Two Face-Chase" just seems awkward to me, something just sounds off.

Maybe they called it that because of the rhyme. Either way, I know it's hardly going to impact on the quality of the sets themselves, it's just something I find a little frustrating.

Edited by Rocketbilly

The design of the Batmobile is very good I think, very compact and slick! I doubt I will be getting that set however :sceptic:

My top on the lists are Catwoman, Joker and after the SW sets, Superman. :tongue:

The only reason I'm getting the Joker set is because of the Black Batman and Joker, which is a shame because the Batwing looks very bad.. :sceptic:

I think the new Batmobile is shorter than the previous one and IMO it's looke a little more "realistic" since a normal car would be more easier to chase criminal instead of driving a RR-length car or a Maybach 62s (left alone driving a tank like Tumbler in the city. And that's what they call "subtle" :laugh:).

Still love both, though.

Wow!

Thanks for the pictures, Ruslik. :)

Can't wait for these! On the other hand, all of the new sets (except the Superman/Wonder Woman set) look pretty much like the first LEGO Batman sets released...

Edited by the fixer

Did anyone notice that Bataman doesn't have his cape in the Catwoman set?

At first I thought it would be included, but on the photograph above he's pictured without it. :oh3:

Which would mean that I'll have to buy the batcave, If I finally want a full blue Batman. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by dr jones

Added HR images of some of the new Super Heroes sets to my BS Gallery!

Pictures link to HR versions 2000+ Pxl.

6858 Catwoman Catcycle City

b_6858_box_side_800.jpg

s_6858_scene_1_800.jpg

6860 The Batcave

b_6860_box_side_800.jpg

s_6860_scene_1_800.jpg

6862 Superman Vs Pow Armor Lex

b_6862_box_side_800.jpg

s_6862_scene_1_800.jpg

6863 Batwing Batt/Gotham City

b_6863_box_side_800.jpg

6864 Batwing & Two Face Chase

b_6864_box_side_800.jpg

Thats all for now! Enjoy :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Whoohoo!

Thanks very much, for the awesome pics, grogall :sweet:

Lovin' the Lex Luthor's Power Armour :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

While I am not a fan with majority of the sets, it's actually a blessing in disguise that the sets that I'm really interested with are the smaller ones. Let's face it, the primary selling attractions of these sets are the minifigs, and having Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in the relatively small sets is certainly good news to me! :sweet:

Is it just me, or is that Batmobile really bad, all and all, the two face set is really lacking.

The other sets are on average pretty good in my opinion.

I also find the vehicles on this theme highly inferior with the previous Batman releases. Just look at the Batmobile set, the previous Batman-Two-face set was waaay better IMO. And the Batwing set is essentially an uninspired re-make of the previous one. Though I would understand if the main reasoning of remaking these sets is to give those who missed the Batman theme a chance to own these sets, but still they could have made the vehicles better, not worse.

I'm still looking forward for the Green Lantern set and the Marvel set line-up, which has curiously been kept in secret until now...

WOW! Thank you for those awesome pics, Grogall! I cannot wait to get my hands on that Superman set!!!

Also, does anyone else notice that Two-Face's coin is a new mold???

Edited by GuntherThePenguin

WOW! Thank you for those awesome pics, Grogall! I cannot wait to get my hands on that Superman set!!!

Also, does anyone else notice that Two-Face's coin is a new mold???

It's the same 1 x 1 round tile that's showing up all over in next year's sets. But printed as Two Face's coin? Niiiiiiiice. :grin:

While the new figs of main characters like the Batman villains are very nice, I think it's nice that TLG went above-and-beyond in creating new and unique "henchman" figs in the Two-Face set.

I like the sets this time around as well. The Batwing is a bit more reasonably-sized than the previous one, and with less of what I'd consider superfluous detail distracting from its overall bat shape. It's not quite as brilliant as the one from the Tim Burton films, where it was a perfect match to Batman's then-current logo from above, but it's still nicely designed. The Batmobile is also very nicely sculpted for the most part, even though the wings end up seeming a bit oversized on this smaller design. The Batcave is also very tastefully-designed, as I've said before. It feels dark, gloomy, and cavelike, and yet it also has a greater degree of color as you might expect from a comic-book-based property.

Edited by Aanchir

+1 to everything Aanchir said with some extra emphasis on that part concerning the Batwing's size. The old one really sported some bulk and I thought it lacked swooshability. TLC fixed that in the upcoming design. Hopefully smaller vehicles will mean lower prices...

Concerning vehicles: I like the Luthor-mech the most. Does anyone else think, maybe it's its colours, that it could be a formidable Joker-mech almost in its vanilla state just by swapping some parts with the Joker-heli from that Batwing-set?

And although I think Superman and to a lesser extent Wonder Woman are the blandest and most uninteresting characters in the DC universe, I feel some multiples of that set could be nice.

Also many thanks to Grogall for those high resolution pictures. Nice!

Be well!

Cutty

Thanks for the pics everyone, some of the sets are looking really good. My favourite is still the Superman/Wonder Woman/Lex Luthor set with the mech, I think that's very well done. The Catwoman set is a nice cheap way to get Batman and Catwoman. The Joker, henchman and 'copter are actually really good in the Batwing set, it's the Batwing I don't particularly like :sceptic: Also not too fused on the Two Face set. I know the colour scheme is comic based but it makes it a little bit of an eyesore.

Personally, I'd love to see TLG do a retro Batmobile based on the modified Lincoln Futura from the cheesy TV show. That, and a new Tumbler.

I'd instantly wet my pants if they did it.

I'd instantly wet my pants if they did it.

I'd certainly wet my pants if they did the Anton Furst Batmobile from the 1989 movie. Now THAT would be awesome!

Anyway, I sure hope the stickers will be of a better quality than the original LEGO Batman set stickers...

Mine look like someone tried to microwave them. :(

Did anyone notice that Bataman doesn't have his cape in the Catwoman set?

Yes, with Grogall's high res pics it seems clear that Batman doesn't have a cape in that set, which is really a shame. Maybe it's just that the packaging doesn't show it, but I feel that since Bats is pictures without a cape in the 1:1 picture on the top of the box, it won't be included. I don't see why LEGO would not include the cape in addition to the wings; it doesn't seem very fair. The wings are nice and all, but Bats should always have his cape.