Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

That would be good, too. Maybe the batcopter could be a small vehicle and the submarine being the main portion of the set, like the old submarine set but instead of a robin submarine a Batman and Robin Batcopter.

So, you're saying that they should down-size the batcopter and upgrade Penguin's submarine? That would be great... :sweet:

I'm wondering how the bat-transformation elevator works.

1. Bruce goes in the trapdoor, Batman falls through to the open area underneath

2. Bruce goes through trapdoor, batman pushed/revealed from the side

3. Bruce goes through trapdoor, elevator/platform is lowered down to the open area underneath

4. or highly unlikely, Bruce goes through side, batman launched through the trapdoor on top.

I'm thinking number 1 or if there is a really good design, then maybe 3 I hope it's not 2 cause they really need to capitalize on that empty space down there.

Also, judging by the extended rod in the middle wheel of the drill machine, I can guarantee that the drill spins as you roll, a pretty neat function that I believe was introduced in power miners! Glad to see designers are taking what worked and transferring it to other themes.

Edited by sok117

I'm pretty sure it's 3. That would explain the empty area, and the technic beams are probably guides for the elevator to slide down on. It can't be 2 because there's no space for him to come out of the side, and having something push out of the side would require a complicated mechanism, not to mention it wouldn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure it's 3. That would explain the empty area, and the technic beams are probably guides for the elevator to slide down on. It can't be 2 because there's no space for him to come out of the side, and having something push out of the side would require a complicated mechanism, not to mention it wouldn't make sense.

Good point, it seems as though the bridge has actually shifted off its original platform which led me to believe that there was a platform back there. I wonder why that happened?

Really? I think that's just the hair, the prelims pic still show that he wears a tuxedo mask.

Oops, you're right. :tongue:

The Batcave looks much better now. Minor complaint, are Bane's head and clothes black or dark blue? I think dark blue would have looked better.

Oops, you're right. :tongue:

The Batcave looks much better now. Minor complaint, are Bane's head and clothes black or dark blue? I think dark blue would have looked better.

His clothes are definitely black.

Do we get to see any hi-res pics of the other Batman sets? Honestly, of the entire new lineup, the Batcave interested me the least.

Good point, it seems as though the bridge has actually shifted off its original platform which led me to believe that there was a platform back there. I wonder why that happened?

Same reason why the modular holding cell has been detached from the main structure; to optimize the layout for taking the picture. I think it would have been better to keep it all attached the way it is supposed to be though.

Honestly I would have much rather have seen some of the marvel sets rather than this alright batcave, how about you guys?

Of course, but those are summer releases and wont be revealed for a while.

Of course, but those are summer releases and wont be revealed for a while.

I guess you're right :hmpf_bad: . Well as for the dc sets they are kind of dissapointing but my biggest complaint about them is two-faces color scheme (even if it is his classic colors) I was really hoping for white and black. I really don't know what to say about the set because of the colors, I'll probably still buy it but I don't know what I'll do with him.

I guess you're right :hmpf_bad: . Well as for the dc sets they are kind of dissapointing but my biggest complaint about them is two-faces color scheme (even if it is his classic colors) I was really hoping for white and black. I really don't know what to say about the set because of the colors, I'll probably still buy it but I don't know what I'll do with him.

I agree! I might be in the minority here, but I'm definitely not a huge fan of the overly-stylized, retro-inspired Batman sets we're getting, especially with respect to Two-Face. I'm just grateful that they haven't screwed up The Joker..at least from what I can tell.. :wacko:

Edited by VenVoi

Did anyone else notice that the assembly is not meant to be entirely straight, as the modular system makes it look. That bridge is meant to be connected onto the turntable front of the 'ready' sign. That means that it must be able to be put into an 'L' shape

Close, $69.99

That would be great, but I think another Penguin submarine would be more appropriate, seeing as it acted as the villians' home-base in that movie.

:classic:

$69.99? Really? That seems a bargain. I was expecting $90 - $100 USD. BTW, I like it. We built the original from parts and original stickers. It will be interesting to seem them together.

- Michael

Edited by legolegolegolego

I agree! I might be in the minority here, but I'm definitely not a huge fan of the overly-stylized, retro-inspired Batman sets we're getting, especially with respect to Two-Face. I'm just greatful that they haven't screwed up The Joker..at least from what I can tell.. :wacko:

I'm with you I wish they were more from the Nolan films (well we might get a wave of those the time the movie comes out) and if the joker is the same as the one we saw at comic con then all I have to say is......I have the old one which is so much better.

I wonder which sets will contain a black suit batman... :sceptic:

I love the Batcave! It reminds me of the video game.. :sweet:

What I would have changed would be a black batman and a different coloured drill vehicle. :classic:

So help me, I like the Batcave. It's much more campy and retro than its predecessor, but I like it. The Silver Age Batman is not "My Batman", but I still reread some of the old stories from the '60s and '50s on a semiregular basis. The prison cell and computer are cool, the drill is awesome, and I really want the new figures, even the smiling Batman!

Did anyone else notice that the assembly is not meant to be entirely straight, as the modular system makes it look. That bridge is meant to be connected onto the turntable front of the 'ready' sign. That means that it must be able to be put into an 'L' shape

The holding cell looks like it connects to the bottom right of the bat-gear side as well.

- Michael

My only disappointment is the lack of Alfred... I wanted a Alfred minifig :sad:

Now that the price and official pix have been revealed, what do people here think will happen to the old batcave prices ? I would love to pick one up if it drops.

My only disappointment is the lack of Alfred... I wanted a Alfred minifig :sad:

Now that the price and official pix have been revealed, what do people here think will happen to the old batcave prices ? I would love to pick one up if it drops.

I don't think it would. In fact, I think it might rise for more if this line doesn't give us Penguin and Mr. Freeze. Lacking Alfred already sounded like "Oh, cool. Now the old Batcave will be more pricey".

Maybe, we'll get an Wayne Manor set with Alfred.

It could be loosely based on Batman Forever... the scene, when Riddler and Two-Face

trick-or-treated their way into the Manor.

With the famous grandfather clock being used as a turntable Bruce Wayne/Batman-costume-changer.

As for the new Batcave:

It is not as impressive, as I expected, but I'll buy it anyway.

I'll try to combine it with my old one.

As for the new Batcave:

It is not as impressive, as I expected, but I'll buy it anyway.

I'll try to combine it with my old one.

Agreed - it looks a bit cartoonish to me. Def buy, but prob just for cobbling parts.

Yeah, already.

Found the names of the marvel sets for later this year here. Just scroll down a bit and you'll find them. Likely not the final names, but still. Noteworthy nonetheless. Gives you an idea of what the sets will be like.