Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Apparently there will be more Batman sets coming along with the Dark Knight rises movie My link , but can we trust this article?

Yes, considering the first press release said the same thing. They aren't scheduled until the Summer though.

At first, I was skeptical about the new Batcave. Not long time ago, I purchased the Arkham Asylum and the news of the new Batcave stop me from purchasing the old Batcave. I was scared that the new Batcave is so tiny and the old Batcave will be more pricey but now I'm happy about this new Batcave. Maybe we're just need to build another canon like the old Batcave and voila, beautiful.

Either way, if old Batcave price drop then I'll consider about buying it again. After all, living in the x2.5 price lego country make you look at the bright side: "If the old batcave ever release in this country, it would be as much as 300$.". So, no problem at all :laugh:.

P.S: Non-sleeping day again, and login into eurobricks in the morning, and news like this shows up. Now I'm too excited to sleep peacefully. Damn the damn good news :sad: .

So looks like more Batman sets in summer. TLC are spamming the DC universe with Batman sets which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice to see some other DC characters getting some recognition. Batman is owning the DC line so far and many of us already have a lot of Batman sets already. Batman might outnumber the number of Harry Potters in a typical Lego city if this trend continues :laugh:

So looks like more Batman sets in summer. TLC are spamming the DC universe with Batman sets which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice to see some other DC characters getting some recognition. Batman is owning the DC line so far and many of us already have a lot of Batman sets already. Batman might outnumber the number of Harry Potters in a typical Lego city if this trend continues :laugh:

I currently have one harry potter and already have like 6 batmans. I like most of the new sets especially the batcave, and I do really hope that there is a dark knight rises wave with sets from all 3 movies with Heath Ledger joker, Ras al ghul, scarecrow, harvey two face,bane and Catwoman. I think it would also be cool if they mix it up with one non-batman set like with Superman but with Green Lantern or another superhero. Finally I just can't wait to see the marvel sets!

Which is just these two parts.

Yeah, I know, and I'm sure a lot of people have made it from their own parts already, but it's still neat to see it in an official set. :classic:

I'm so glad to finally see a "real" pic of the Batcave! I can't say I'm a fan of the over-exaggerated colors and chunky structure, but I'm sure it'll grow on me once we [hopefully] see the real thing tomorrow! :D

I currently have one harry potter and already have like 6 batmans. I like most of the new sets especially the batcave, and I do really hope that there is a dark knight rises wave with sets from all 3 movies with Heath Ledger joker, Ras al ghul, scarecrow, harvey two face,bane and Catwoman. I think it would also be cool if they mix it up with one non-batman set like with Superman but with Green Lantern or another superhero. Finally I just can't wait to see the marvel sets!

Yeah, a Heath Ledger joker will be awesome, but I don't think he goes well with Lego's values. A Ras al ghul will be most welcome + Talia. TLC really need to expand on the Batman villain base. Well, at least Batman figures are still valuable for now. I too have 6 batmans, don't want to depart with any of them, but the 14 Harry Potters I have are absolutely useless (that face is so annoying to look at) and wouldn't fetch much in the second hand market.

Can't wait for more pictures of the Batcave and close-ups of the minifigures.

I don't think anyone's noticed, but Robin now has a mask thing. Does he qualify for Red Robin now? :tongue:

I hope we'll see regular Robin at some point. It also concerns me that Bruce Wayne is (supposedly) in the Batcave set, yet Alfred isn't.

TLG has never made stickers for a radar dish, and I think it's physically impossible anyway. But everything else is almost definitely stickers.

I don't think anyone's noticed, but Robin now has a mask thing. Does he qualify for Red Robin now? :tongue:

I hope we'll see regular Robin at some point. It also concerns me that Bruce Wayne is (supposedly) in the Batcave set, yet Alfred isn't.

Really? I think that's just the hair, the prelims pic still show that he wears a tuxedo mask.

Bane, Ivy, and Robin as well as a larger Batcave picture :classic:

Ivy_2012.jpgBane_2012.jpgRobin_2012.jpg6860.jpg

Love Ivy's new leaf piece (it's just a vine, but nice touch) and Bane and Robin look nice, with the exception of the latter's hair. At least it'll be exclusive....

:classic:

Edited by Superficial Username

I like it. It reminds me more of classic Batman than the new "serious" interpretations. Definitely a better fit for LEGO.

I like it. It reminds me more of classic Batman than the new "serious" interpretations. Definitely a better fit for LEGO.

Agreed, but I do find it funny how Batman's smiling and Robin's scowling, a reverse from the original minifigures. Hopefully Robin has a double face though....

My eyes! MY EYES! Why can't a monocle deflect that vision!

Why is HE smiling?! Why does Bane drill in the Batcave?! *faints*

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

OMG THE RED PHONE!!!!!!! Awesome.

Very, very 60s Batcave. Honestly, I love it. And now I want a 60s Batmobile, too. :wub:

Edited by Miss Kyle

Agreed, but I do find it funny how Batman's smiling and Robin's scowling, a reverse from the original minifigures. Hopefully Robin has a double face though....

Indeed. I think Robin looks great. And yes, I'm sure at least Bats will have a double sided head.

Why is HE smiling?! Why does Bane drill in the Batcave?!

1. The way I see it, this Batcave is heavily influenced by the campy 60s TV show, what with the bright colors, the phone, the labels and all, so this is obviously supposed to be the Adam West Batman, and the smile goes along well with the campy theme. Again, I'm sure he has a serious face too. He just has to...
  2. Obviously to break out Ivy, although I'm not sure who would pay him to do that.

Me too, that style suits LEGO much better than animated series, though I still liked that too :classic:

So did I. BTAS and the campy 60s series are two of my favourite Batman styles, and I think both fit very nicely for Lego. Wheee, this is a happy kitty!

160x120_red_dwarf_cat.jpg

Makes a good impression, overall. Except for the FFMs and the fact they gave Bane a driller, I really like it. To I wonder why the phone's receiver's floating over the phone? New hover pieces? :tongue: Still, looks nice. Could have been worse. :look: