Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I don't see it :cry_sad: Unless that's it on the black/yellow picture of Batman (which I don't think so)?

There's a sign above the weapons rack that reads "Bat-Gear" and one above the prison cell (behind the flick-fire missile) that says "Prison Cell". The 60s Batman TV show with Adam West had several of these overly obvious labels, like the bat-poles in this video:

I think the little table above the entrance way to the batcave has the red emergency phone :oh:

Uhm, that's a mug. :laugh: Besides, the phone is inside Wayne Manor, as you can see in the video above.

By the way, I just noticed that Superman has printed red boots in the prelim pic! :oh: I wonder why his final version doesn't have them.

We haven't seen a final version yet, the con exclusives are really only a preview so it's possible they differ from what the final product will be. The preview Green Lantern seemed incomplete to me as well since they used plain green pants and the printing on the torso seems to imply that it would continue on the belt and pants.

It's possible, I suppose, but they look pretty final to me. I think GL has plain pants because he is based on the movie version, which indeed has pretty plain pants.

Uhm, that's a mug. :laugh: Besides, the phone is inside Wayne Manor, as you can see in the video above.

Not that :laugh: !

If you avert your eyes to the bat x-ray looking thing, a little ways up from there you can see a trap-door like thing that I assume is an entrance to the bat-cave via wayne manor. If you look a little to the left of that, you can see a table, and a little trim of something red! :blush:

Oh, sorry, you're right! Looking at the pic with the boxes, it does indeed look like a phone. Neat. :classic:

There's a sign above the weapons rack that reads "Bat-Gear" and one above the prison cell (behind the flick-fire missile) that says "Prison Cell". The 60s Batman TV show with Adam West had several of these overly obvious labels, like the bat-poles in this video:

Oh, labels not logos. Yeah, I always thought that there was something LEGO-esque about that show and I wish they'd referenced to it more.

:classic:

Edited by Superficial Username

Oh, sorry, you're right! Looking at the pic with the boxes, it does indeed look like a phone. Neat. :classic:

Thats fine, I could've been more clear I guess :laugh: , The only thing I'm wondering is, if that is indeed an entrence to the bat cave from Wayne Manor, and thats the emergency phone on the table, then why are there stalagtites or stalagmites (can't remember which is which) coming from the ground :wacko:

Thats fine, I could've been more clear I guess :laugh: , The only thing I'm wondering is, if that is indeed an entrence to the bat cave from Wayne Manor, and thats the emergency phone on the table, then why are there stalagtites or stalagmites (can't remember which is which) coming from the ground :wacko:

Maybe Bruce Wayne answers the phone, slides down through the trapdoor, and emerges as Batman? Could be a somewhat complex playfeature, but I'm sure somebody could come up with a way to make it work. Oh, and they're stalagmites. I only remember that because I think that stalagtites have to hold on "tight" to stay on the celing :wink: My point is that maybe it isn't Wayne Manor, but rather a play feature.

Maybe Bruce Wayne answers the phone, slides down through the trapdoor, and emerges as Batman? Could be a somewhat complex playfeature, but I'm sure somebody could come up with a way to make it work. Oh, and they're stalagmites. I only remember that because I think that stalagtites have to hold on "tight" to stay on the celing :wink: My point is that maybe it isn't Wayne Manor, but rather a changing mechanism

I agree that it's a changing mechanism, But if that is the emergency phone, then it doesn't make sense why theres stalagmites rather then some wayne manor type stuff like a cabinet or something :sadnew:

I agree that it's a changing mechanism, But if that is the emergency phone, then it doesn't make sense why theres stalagmites rather then some wayne manor type stuff like a cabinet or something :sadnew:

Understood, but I don't think it is part of Wayne Manor, even though that would make more sense. I think it's possible that it is indeed Bruce's study, but underground for whatever reason, probably so that the environment doesn't clash with the rest of the set. :sceptic:

Understood, but I don't think it is part of Wayne Manor, even though that would make more sense. I think it's possible that it is indeed Bruce's study, but underground for whatever reason, probably so that the environment doesn't clash with the rest of the set. :sceptic:

Yeah, I see where your coming from with the environment clash. I guess we'll find out soon enough though! :sweet:

Yeah, I see where your coming from with the environment clash. I guess we'll find out soon enough though! :sweet:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the NYCCC! :sweet: Can't wait until Friday!

Nice to see some pics, i'm gonna do everything in my power to get ahold of the Joker set.

Ah, Bane, I can just see him driving around in his driller shouting "I will BREAK IN, Batman!" :grin:

Maybe Bruce Wayne answers the phone, slides down through the trapdoor, and emerges as Batman? Could be a somewhat complex playfeature, but I'm sure somebody could come up with a way to make it work. Oh, and they're stalagmites. I only remember that because I think that stalagtites have to hold on "tight" to stay on the celing :wink: My point is that maybe it isn't Wayne Manor, but rather a play feature.

now all we need is a SW Hoth Base similar icicle falling play feature better executed :laugh:

Ah, Bane, I can just see him driving around in his driller shouting "I will BREAK IN, Batman!" :grin:

Somebody remember that, so we can post it here when the set comes out. :laugh:

This is quick edit I made to make it look bigger and fit my frontpage on Brick Heroes, lol

I added the grey minifigs as a background to the official picture which was published on Variety.

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding here.

Edited by willybob

The first official picture! How exciting! :sweet: Things that I notice:

• Lots of trans-light-blue pieces! :drool:
  • Robin has a grappling hook gun! :sweet:
  • The Bat-logo radar dish has a new print.
  • Still no Bruce Wayne. :look:

While this may be a good parts pack, I don't really like this more colorful/campy approach to the batcave. Now I wish I would have gotten the first Batcave after all. :sadnew:

Wonderful, and we should have photograhped images tomorrow. But really, no Bruce Wayne? I mean, I wouldn't expect him to be spectacular, but only four minifigures in a $70 set? It had better have a good price:piece ratio then....

There is a likelihood that Bruce is hidden inside the place where the batman sticker is..

I mean..you can barely see Ivy..

There is a likelihood that Bruce is hidden inside the place where the batman sticker is..

I mean..you can barely see Ivy..

Good point, I suppose we should find out tomorrow :classic:

Good point, I suppose we should find out tomorrow :classic:

The variety magazine article confirms that the Batcave include Bruce Wayne and that the DC sets will be released in January.

Here's the relevant section for those who cannot be bothered reading the whole thing.

"Lego will also use NYCC to show off new toys like its Lego DC SuperHeroes Batcave set, that includes five minifigures: Bruce Wayne, Batman, Robin, Poison Ivy and Bane, and comes with Batman's Batcycle and Bane's Drill-mobile. Special features include an elevator where Bruce Wayne can transform into Batman, vehicle flick missiles and a prison pod to secure Poison Ivy"

"As part of the multi-year deal, Lego will get access to DC's entire library of superheroes to turn into minifigures and playsets. The first are set to hit store shelves in January"

The variety magazine article confirms that the Batcave include Bruce Wayne and that the DC sets will be released in January.

Here's the relevant section for those who cannot be bothered reading the whole thing.

"Lego will also use NYCC to show off new toys like its Lego DC SuperHeroes Batcave set, that includes five minifigures: Bruce Wayne, Batman, Robin, Poison Ivy and Bane, and comes with Batman's Batcycle and Bane's Drill-mobile. Special features include an elevator where Bruce Wayne can transform into Batman, vehicle flick missiles and a prison pod to secure Poison Ivy"

"As part of the multi-year deal, Lego will get access to DC's entire library of superheroes to turn into minifigures and playsets. The first are set to hit store shelves in January"

...and today's even better! :grin:

Edit: Could you link to the article though, I can't seem to find it. Thanks! :classic:

Nevermind, searched "LEGO Batcave" and found it