Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I think this was to be expected since most Licensed sets are released in May, like PotC and PoP in recent years.

I think it's a possibility that the sets we've just seen prelim pics of will be released in May, however the action figure type sets that pics appeared in a while ago will be out in the Northern Hemisphere summer. So technically that would make the press release and the blogger correct.

"Hopefully"? Do you fear the Marvel ones might indeed feature lots of Batman as well, after all?

Hey, you never know, I guess...

:wink:

Could be that the Marvel sets have a massive amount of Wolverine spammed throughout. Not that that'd be surprising, haha.

Could you please post a picture for the people like me who don't read the comics? But I will take your word for it. :classic:

Your welcome, and yes I agree. Arkham or the Hall of Justice or something like that, Green Lantern could also be included in either of those.

Thank you for posting this, I mean, I knew already but others might not remember. We should go by the press releases and not some somewhat random French blog. :classic:

Oh, and that reminds me, does anybody know if in France Two-Face is know as (or translated to) Double-Face? If so, that might explain it.

Well, thanks for the "Random French Blog", blog who brought you those pics in this case

Whatever you can say about it, the catalogue page says launching in MAY, as it was also said in the page with the action figures, but nobody even dared to translate that wording "W sprzedeazy od MAJA"......

Then if LEGO press release says January you are welcome to wait from that date and see if it becomes available

I like Eurobricks, but sometimes it makes me really sad to read comments like this......

edit : added the pic on the random french bog that states clearly "launching in may"

Actually I might use this for a good blog subtitle : "BRICK HEROES : A random french blog", sounds nice to me

Edited by willybob

Actually 'Double Face' I feel is a typo. :wink:

Yeah, almost certainly. Orange and purple isn't really that bad (it's colourful at least), but I would have liked the original black and white one better.

Could be that the Marvel sets have a massive amount of Wolverine spammed throughout. Not that that'd be surprising, haha.

One of the things I was hoping for with this line is that characters would be repeated less, or at least, different variations like we've seen to an extent in the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

That said, I suspect you're right. I don't think Wolverine would have many variations, if at all, and he would probably be repeated quite a bit. :sceptic:

Yeah, almost certainly. Orange and purple isn't really that bad (it's colourful at least), but I would have liked the original black and white one better.

One of the things I was hoping for with this line is that characters would be repeated less, or at least, different variations like we've seen to an extent in the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

That said, I suspect you're right. I don't think Wolverine would have many variations, if at all, and he would probably be repeated quite a bit. :sceptic:

Double Face is french translation for Two-Face. That charater is called like this here, in comics, movies, etc.....

In the UK I have yet to wonder the price of The Batcave. By the larger picture, it seems to state it has around 6?9 pieces. The question Mark is because I cannot see the number there. But if it's around 600 pieces, surely it wouldnt be £70. I have a feeling it will be either £60 or maybe even £50; but by TLC's standards, that seems a little cheap. :wacko:

So looks like these sets will definitely get a May release at least in Europe. They still may be released in January in the US. If they aren't the winners of the Superheroes Unite contest will have to wait a long time to get their prizes.

So looks like these sets will definitely get a May release at least in Europe. They still may be released in January in the US. If they aren't the winners of the Superheroes Unite contest will have to wait a long time to get their prizes.

Would be strange that they release them with so big delay between countries, but still possible under Warner Bros pressure because of their media plans including movies/cartoons, etc...

Well, thanks for the "Random French Blog", blog who brought you those pics in this case

Whatever you can say about it, the catalogue page says launching in MAY, as it was also said in the page with the action figures, but nobody even dared to translate that wording "W sprzedeazy od MAJA"......

Then if LEGO press release says January you are welcome to wait from that date and see if it becomes available

I like Eurobricks, but sometimes it makes me really sad to read comments like this......

edit : added the pic on the random french bog that states clearly "launching in may"

Actually I might use this for a good blog subtitle : "BRICK HEROES : A random french blog", sounds nice to me

I'm sorry I offended you, I only meant that we've been hearing January from LEGO up until now, where your blog says May, which just seemed to come out of the blue to me, I don't understand where you got it from. That's all.

Edit: Now is see the "Lancement en MAI", but if you don't mind, I'm still going with the press releases

Edited by Superficial Username

I'm sorry I offended you, I only meant that we've been hearing January from LEGO up until now, where your blog says May, which just seemed to come out of the blue to me, I don't understand where you got it from. That's all.

Edit: Now is see the "Lancement en MAI", but if you don't mind, I'm still going with the press releases

No problem with that, after all, I run french language blogs, and they are obviously not so popular in english speaking areas, which is logical....

About the press releases, they were meant to promote the partnership starting in 2012 between DC/Marvel and LEGO, I still believe that they will start to promote the range officially in January, but that the sets launching will be coordinated with some movie/tv/whatever events during 1st quarter

Interesting yet still confused, from those press releases:

Ok LEGO says that SUPERHEROES is starting in January...

Ok that is confirmation that the Marvel sets will be in May.

Now Regarding the DC Superheroes

Ok so there are indeed going to be sets in January 2012.

So basically maybe Brick Heroes has incorrect information because those statements are direct from TLG. That the DC sets will be in January and the Marvel sets in May.

Also I found interesting

Robin in the Batcave is identified as just Robin, The Riddler and Bruce Wayne are nowhere to be seen in those pictures.

Dealer exclusives maybe or what appears to be The Riddler flying the helicopter in the Batwing set. thus leading to the conclusion all those figs are in all those sets.

You have failed to acknowledge one thing: the "Ultrabuild" figures that use the Hero Factory building system. These are also considered part of the Super Heroes theme, and I believe the Polish retailer's catalog leaked earlier said those were due out in January. So it's entirely possible for the Super Heroes theme to begin in January without either the DC or Marvel playsets appearing at that time.

At the same time, another thing to consider is that themes can release at different times in different countries. The LEGO City Space sets mostly didn't show up in the U.S. until summer 2011, when they had already appeared in many other countries. Additionally, sets in the last wave of an "action theme" have been stretched across multiple waves here in the U.S. multiple times, even if they were all a part of the same wave elsewhere (examples include Atlantis and Power Miners). So a May release date in France does not confirm a May release date worldwide.

You have failed to acknowledge one thing: the "Ultrabuild" figures that use the Hero Factory building system. These are also considered part of the Super Heroes theme, and I believe the Polish retailer's catalog leaked earlier said those were due out in January. So it's entirely possible for the Super Heroes theme to begin in January without either the DC or Marvel playsets appearing at that time.

At the same time, another thing to consider is that themes can release at different times in different countries. The LEGO City Space sets mostly didn't show up in the U.S. until summer 2011, when they had already appeared in many other countries. Additionally, sets in the last wave of an "action theme" have been stretched across multiple waves here in the U.S. multiple times, even if they were all a part of the same wave elsewhere (examples include Atlantis and Power Miners). So a May release date in France does not confirm a May release date worldwide.

Polish catalogue said also LAUNCHING IN MAY

proof here :

http://www.brickheroes.com/2011/09/nouveautes-2012-action-figures-en-images/

W sprzedazy od MAJA

Polish catalogue said also LAUNCHING IN MAY

proof here :

http://www.brickhero...ures-en-images/

W sprzedazy od MAJA

Now I don't know what is true and what isn't :laugh:

Hopefully the upcoming NYCC will be able to tell us exactly when they are being released. (Because if they have a finalized Batcave set it probably will have a placard saying piece count/release date hopefully)

Staggered releases aren't exactly rare with Lego, especially not in themes which are thought to be big sellers. The same thing has happened for the last few years with Lego Star Wars, where the Star Wars sets are released in continental Europe in May, but do not arrive in North America until August. I think it is due to limited production capacity; while it may be possible to fulfill European purchases, the same can not be said of those in North America. And as we all know, paper releases where things sell out in hours or days and are not replenished for weeks or even months is a recipe for grumpy customers. We all saw how people were annoyed by the lack of Queen Anne's Revenge ships this summer, so it's far easier for Lego just to wait with releasing the sets in certain regions.

In this case, I thought Lego said that DC Comics sets were coming in January for North America during SDCC. I'm assuming the US is by far the largest market for comic related Lego sets. Growing up in Norway I remember Superman and Batman were fairly well known, but most other superheroes were curiosities for most people unless there was a movie or TV show out, and I can hardly ever remember people reading this kind of comic books. So Lego prioritizes fulfilling US market demand, but does not expect to do so for the European market until May. It really is not farfetched of an idea and we see it all the time with other times as has been already mentioned.

Surprisingly i think TLC are cutting down on prices of the licensed sets next year! For example (I know its a bit off topic), 9491 of the Star Wars theme has 3 new figs and is only $19.99! Not only that, on Bricikpedia's 2012 page, it states the Batcave is $69.99 instead of the $99.99 we heard previously! I hope these are true figures as then in the UK they'll be even cheaper :cry_happy:

Staggered releases aren't exactly rare with Lego, especially not in themes which are thought to be big sellers. The same thing has happened for the last few years with Lego Star Wars, where the Star Wars sets are released in continental Europe in May, but do not arrive in North America until August. I think it is due to limited production capacity; while it may be possible to fulfill European purchases, the same can not be said of those in North America. And as we all know, paper releases where things sell out in hours or days and are not replenished for weeks or even months is a recipe for grumpy customers. We all saw how people were annoyed by the lack of Queen Anne's Revenge ships this summer, so it's far easier for Lego just to wait with releasing the sets in certain regions.

In this case, I thought Lego said that DC Comics sets were coming in January for North America during SDCC. I'm assuming the US is by far the largest market for comic related Lego sets. Growing up in Norway I remember Superman and Batman were fairly well known, but most other superheroes were curiosities for most people unless there was a movie or TV show out, and I can hardly ever remember people reading this kind of comic books. So Lego prioritizes fulfilling US market demand, but does not expect to do so for the European market until May. It really is not farfetched of an idea and we see it all the time with other times as has been already mentioned.

All the same, your point is valid. I would not hazard to guess that after the abysmal run of POTC, which I root back soley to the pricing issues, TLC realised their prices were getting too high, and that they would make more if they lowered their price yet sold in mass, which, we must admit, is virtually promised in a theme as universal as super heros.

On another note, what do you think the chances are of Super Heros being the next star wars?

On another note, what do you think the chances are of Super Heros being the next star wars?

0%. Superheroes might be popular to some extent, but not like Star Wars is to LEGO's target age group.

Looking at these sets, it seems LEGO has already run out of ideas. There is just no way that this theme could carry on with the strength of Star Wars, though it will probably be stronger than Spongebob.

Looking at these sets, it seems LEGO has already run out of ideas. There is just no way that this theme could carry on with the strength of Star Wars, though it will probably be stronger than Spongebob.

Amen!

In my eyes they're making the same mistake they did last time: vehicle vs vehicle concept. No scenery, no storylines, just pure action. This topic may run for several years but not londer. The steam is already going out of it. :sadnew:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

0%. Superheroes might be popular to some extent, but not like Star Wars is to LEGO's target age group.

Amen!

In my eyes they're making the same mistake they did last time: vehicle vs vehicle concept. No scenery, no storylines, just pure action. This topic may run for several years but not londer. The steam is already going out of it. :sadnew:

We can't say much yet; we haven't seen the Marvel part of 2012. The Marvel heroes (and most other DC heroes) don't tend to rely on vehicles, which could be just the thing to rescue this line from repeating its failure of the last Batman series. It maybe the last Batman-heavy wave for some time, though.

I missed out on the last Batman theme so I'm happy to buy them as I know my son will love them. To me they don't have the same visually stunning appeal as the SW stuff so i don't expect it to capture the AFOl market as much.

I'm sure Marvel will follow the same formula, vehicles, vehicles and a decent playset.

Amen!

I thought that we would get more "scenes" if you like. I was imaginging all the cartoony saw mills or jokerized theme park amusements we could get, but for some reason they choose to rely on vechiles again... :hmpf_bad:

I'm hoping that in the next wave they will change that, and we can see some new sets entirely.

I thought that the reason we might be seeing repeats is because the originals are so valuable now, so LEGO is trying to cash in by releasing similar sets for a fraction of the price.

I'd love for this theme to be huge, and I really hope they rethink it before its too late.

I agree, we're only seeing the repeats because there's a demand for it right now. I'm sure eventually we'll start getting villain hideouts and other various sets, because after this first Batman wave they've pretty much covered their bases in terms of vehicles (Other than the tumbler) so they'd have to move on to something else.