Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Although on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure about Green Lantern. The Green Lantern movie happened and didn't make much of an impression, so a sequel might not be forthcoming. And I don't think any specific Green Lantern sets have been announced. Lastly, GL is hardly a well known superhero in Europe, unlike Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman (even I initially though they were talking about a Green Hornet movie when it was first announced). So Green Lantern might get left off the roster...

In the DC universe, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are easily the Big Three in terms of popularity and cultural awareness. It makes total sense for TLC to focus on them for the initial product release.

If the license goes longer, it's easy to think that TLC would want to delve a little deeper into DC's enormous catalog of characters. Green Lantern is definitely in that next tier of characters.

Remember back when the Star Wars license first started? We got Luke and Darth Vader in that first year. It wasn't until the second year that we got Han, Leia, and Chewbacca. I could see TLC taking the same basic approach with the Superheroes line. To make a tortured analogy, Luke = Batman, Chewbacca = Green Lantern.

How about Green Arrow anyone?

greenarrowminifigphotos.jpg

*Note this figure is custom build and the picture is in 2 layers to get the Green Arrow face

Some epic scene could been made in LEGO: Green Lantern vs. Green Arrow :tongue:

Edited by Ro87n

I just realized I never posted my thoughts on the figures, so you all have to suffer this again :tongue:

DC Universe

Probably the only ones I am getting, because the only Super Hero I really like is Batman, not that I would mind minifigures for other Super Heroes, like the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Superman: :thumbdown:

Not interested in the character in the first place. I like the costume, but not the expression and the hair seems a little strange to me. I probably wouldn't be interested in getting this one.

Wonder Woman: :thumbup:

Again, not interested in the character, but unlike Superman, I like almost everything about her. I hope she doesn't come in the same set as Superman, because I would be interested in getting her (even if it is only to ammuse myself by staging some of those Wonder Woman jokes).

Batman: :thumbup:

At first, I thought it was just a rerelease of the Blue 2007 one with a different face, but after a closer look, I am pleased with this figure (which is good, because I missed out on all three years of Batman).

Catwoman: :thumbup:

I did think that this was the same minifigure as before at first, but then I noticed the femine lines, which are so much better that the original, which I thought made Catwoman disproportional for a minifigure, it seemed as though her arms were floating and her head was just as wide as the shoulders. I would like to get at least two of this character (one for creating another minifigure I would hope to see later in this theme).

The Joker: :thumbup:

A little surprised that people had to look closely to notice that this one was different. First of all, I like the new hair, the Vampire hair always seemed a little weird on the old one. His face is okay, I like the eyes and eyebrows, but the mouth is a little strange. I like the yellow teeth, but it doesn't seem he has teeth, I'll get used to it though. I hope. And another thing about the face, It seems that they were trying to make him look cute AND evil, like they managed with Voldemort, this one seems much more evil than the first, which was kind of (for want of a better word,) cute. The only thing I don't like about the torso is the color of the bow-tie, it seems too dark. I'd like a normal green (or Dark Green as LEGO calls it). I wish that we could get purple hands for "Mistah J.", but white are better than gray, and I bet The Riddler will have flesh hands.

Poison Ivy: :thumbup::wub:

To quote LEGO Batman: The Videogame-"Beautiful Scarecrow, just beautiful"

First off, the hair is much better than the old one, both in shape and color. I also do like the face, but I hope it's double sided, because it doesn't seem too evil. The only problem I can think of is that I might have to find some lime green hands.

Final Thoughts: Well, so far I am interested in all of the figures (except Superman :hmpf_bad: ). I am looking forward to the rest of the Batman figures.

Marvel

I have to ask "Why?". Why show all these obviously preliminary minifigures when you could show more complete DC characters (Lex Luthor, Bane, Two-Face etc.) Also, you should probably know that I am not a fan of any of the Marvel characters, but that has nothing to do with these comments.

Wolverine: :thumbup:

Despite my comment above, I actually do like this one. I probably won't get it though so I can focus on collecting mulitple Batman sets.

Iron Man: :thumbdown:

A perfect example of what I was talking about above. The only reason I would get him would be if Harley Quinn's hands are white rather than one black and one red.

Hulk: :sceptic:

I actually am for Hulk being a different size from the rest of the minifigures, but I don't like his core muscles, they seem too big. I probably wouldn't get him anyway even if he was outstanding.

Thor: :thumbup:

I am a fan of mythology, particularly Greek, but I'd settle for a Norse God, Marvel or not. I might actually get him via briclink, and plus, he looks pretty good for preliminary.

Captain America: :sceptic:

Not very good, but not horribly bad. The only reason I would get him is the same as for Iron Man.

Thoughts: I'll probably get Thor and Loki via Bricklin, but only because I am a mythology fan. Maybe Iron Man/Captain America if Harley's hands are white again. I am also interested in purchasing Doc Ock for mechanical arms.

Action Figures:

Not interested, but this isn't the place to discuss them anyway.

Edited by Superficial Username

Wonder Woman: :thumbup:

Again, not interested in the character, but unlike Superman, I like almost everything about her. I hope she doesn't come in the same set as Superman, because I would be interested in getting her (even if it is only to ammuse myself by staging some of those Wonder Woman jokes).

You need the invisible man for the best joke! :laugh:

You need the invisible man for the best joke! :laugh:

Ooh, I don't think I've heard that one, :look: better look it up.

Edit: More of a Superman joke, but oh well. :grin:

I was kinda hoping that some new pictures might surface yesterday since DC relaunched their entire comics universe yesterday. They had a big marketing push behind it, and I was thinking that TLC might piggyback onto that with a splashy reveal of the new DC sets. Ah well ....

Hmm that new batwing from TDKR is definitely different (like the tumbler was) however I like it, it is more realistic and best of all has that stealth look.

I would be happy to see that, a new bat tumbler (not as large as the last but smaller and still as much details) and a batpod. If any of those are the vehicle in the batcave set that would be great!

I wonder what the new batcave will be like? anything like the old? maybe Wayne manor above?

I'm wondering if they were in the catalog and weren't photographer or if they weren't even in there at all. Only like three more months until they should start hitting shelves. Shouldn't be to long before we see some signs.

I'm wondering if they were in the catalog and weren't photographer or if they weren't even in there at all. Only like three more months until they should start hitting shelves. Shouldn't be to long before we see some signs.

I Guess they were simply not there, otherwise this well trained photographer would have taken them, no doubt about it......

I Guess they were simply not there, otherwise this well trained photographer would have taken them, no doubt about it......

yeah afterall they did take pictures of the Hero Factory Superheros :snicker:

I think part of the challenge for those of us looking for pics (aside from the complete lack of them) is that there are like 3 different topics that might have pics. It would be nice if a mod could combine them :grin:

I think part of the challenge for those of us looking for pics (aside from the complete lack of them) is that there are like 3 different topics that might have pics. It would be nice if a mod could combine them :grin:

Agreed.

Has anybody else seen that competition at Brickset.com? They're giving away the Preview Green Lantern/Batman minifigures, and noticed something interesting in the article-

We've teamed up with the Community, Engagement and Communication team at LEGO to give you the chance to win these two ComicCon exclusive preview edition Super Heroes minifigs!

These Green Lantern and Batman figures won't be available anywhere else until 2012, so this is your chance to get hold of them before then!

The first thing in bold isn't all that interesting, but it shows that LEGO had a part in this. Sorry to all those who spent a small fortune on these figures. :sweet:

These Green Lantern and Batman figures won't be available anywhere else until 2012, so this is your chance to get hold of them before then!

As I thought, the figures weren't really exclusive, just released early.

I wonder what those people who spent money on those thought after hearing this. :laugh:

Has this been mentioned yet?

LEGO Super Heroes 2012:

6858 Batman vs. Catwoman

6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor

6863 Batman vs. the Joker

6864 Batman vs. Two Face

6860 The Batcave

Source (all the other info on site is correct it looks from what I have read on the board here)

I have just got the full list of confirmed sets for 2012...

Full list here: http://bricksandbooks.co.uk/2011/2012-lego-sets/

So, assuming that both lists are credible sources of information, we can get a bit of an idea as to the size of the sets.

6858 Batman vs. Catwoman $11.99 (USD, i'm also assuming.) Smallest set, no surprise there. Same concept as the Bat-dragster or something else entirely?

6860 The Batcave $69.99 As speculated, the largest set, sure to include at least one vehicle and several baddies. (How this price jives with the LEGO Superheroes contest Grand Prize is up for speculation...)

6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor $19.99 (or $25.99 at TRU :tongue: ) A nice size for the only non-Batman set in the wave, I think. Possibly room to include Lois Lame. Generic building, or generic building with "Daily Planet" Written on the side? Maybe a Sandy Squirrel helmet painted like a globe up top?

6863 Batman vs. the Joker $29.99 Now this is interesting... Joker is not merely included in the most expensive sets? This is a new president! You, too, can own Joker for a price that won't break the bank for most people who bother to frequent these boards. The Batmobile was the set in this pricepoint years ago, new Batmobile or something else?

6864 Batman vs. Two Face $49.99 Now I can't help but wonder if this price was switched with the Joker set somewhere down the road. Seems odd for even as popular a villain as Two-Face to get an expensive set while the Joker gets one at nearly half the price.

Until we get pics (officially or otherwise...) it's still all just speculation, but that's fun, too, right?

6863 Batman vs. the Joker $29.99 Now this is interesting... Joker is not merely included in the most expensive sets? This is a new president! You, too, can own Joker for a price that won't break the bank for most people who bother to frequent these boards. The Batmobile was the set in this pricepoint years ago, new Batmobile or something else?

6864 Batman vs. Two Face $49.99 Now I can't help but wonder if this price was switched with the Joker set somewhere down the road. Seems odd for even as popular a villain as Two-Face to get an expensive set while the Joker gets one at nearly half the price.

Don't forget that Mr. Freeze and Penguin were both in the most expensive set in the first wave, and they're hardly more popular than Joker or Two-Face. :sceptic:

Until we get pics (officially or otherwise...) it's still all just speculation, but that's fun, too, right?

The Joker was only in the third largest (minifigure) Batman Set from 2006. Maybe they think the set will sell better if it includes The Joker rather than Two-Face.

Don't forget that Mr. Freeze and Penguin were both in the most expensive set in the first wave, and they're hardly more popular than Joker or Two-Face. :sceptic:

To me who literally knew next to nothing about Batman until the 2006 release and my interest only sparked about six-nine months ago in the genre, Peguin is probably better known than Two-Face (who I didn't know about until the LEGO line :grin: )

Now that we have this information, it should be interesting to compare it to my predictions I posted a month or two ago:

Here are my predictions for the DC theme using this list of minifigures (I crossed out the oneson the list I didn't have to guess with, and italisezed the ones I am guessing with):

• Bane
  • Batman
  • Catwoman
  • Harley Quinn
  • Lex Luthor
  • Superman
  • The Joker
  • Wonder Woman
  • Poison Ivy
  • Two-Face
  • Bruce Wayne
  • Robin
  • The Riddler

6858 Batman vs. Catwoman

Minifigures: Batman and Catwoman

Veichles: I would guess either the Bat-cycle or one of LEGO's own creations for Batman. Catwoman probably will have another motorcyle or a car of some sort.

Price: $9.99-12.99

I really don't know much about Superman (I don't care for him either), but here is my guess....

6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor

Minifigures: Superman, Lex Luthor, and Wonder Woman (Where else?)

Veichles: Mech for Luthor I'd suppose

Price: $19.99

6863 Batman vs. The Joker

Minifigures: Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn (The Joker's Lover)

Veichles: Batmobile and some sort of car or truck for The Joker

Price: $39.99

6864 Batman vs. Two-Face

Minifigures: Batman, Two-Face, The Riddler (Friends with Two-Face)

Veichles: Batwing and some sort of helicoptor or truck (I meant plane) for Two-Face

Price: $59.99

6860 The Batcave

Minifigures: Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Poison Ivy, Bane (All default)

Veichles: None

Price: $79.99

4526 Batman

Price: $12.99

4527 The Joker

4528 Green Lantern

Alright, so now we have:

6858 Batman vs. Catwoman (according to rumors) at $11.99-sounds right

6860 The Batcave (according to rumors) oh, could this be right? The competition page was wrong? And I was only off by ten dollars :tongue::laugh::devil:

6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor (according to rumors) I was right here (though I hope I am wrong about Wonderwoman being included, I hope she's in the Two-Face set or the Batcave)

6863 Batman vs. The Joker (according to rumors) at $29.99, I was off, only by ten dollars, but with a medium sized set, I see it as a larger mistake than with a large set, like the Batcave.

6864 Batman vs. Two-Face (according to rumors) again, I was off, but at least I overestimated rather than under.

Batman-$15 Overpriced, pieces of rubbish IMHO (In my high opinion (JK :wink: ))

Joker-$15 Per Batman

Green Lantern-$15 Per Batman

That all adds up to $227 (rounding up to the nearest whole dollar), which is pretty good, that's $23 less than the website indicated. It's even better for me, because- A) I overestimated most values B) I'm only interested in the Batman construction sets (probably no Superman or Action Figures) C) Aren't interested in Marvel

Remember, this is all subject to change :classic:

Exciting stuff-- I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Lego gets this stuff on the shelves before Christmas!! Gold mine waiting to happen!!!!

I think saying the largest mad dash to the LEGO aisle of any store that would carry these sets by Christmas is an under-statement. PROBABLY EVERY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD would freak out if TLG decided to let these sets slip in by Christmas! :blush::cry_happy: