Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Do you even know what next year's SW sets are? :sceptic:

No, but I may end up passing them for this. :tongue:

(Well, obviously not. I can't possibly do that, but anyway...)

I just had a thought. I'd like to see a normal-styled version of Hulk, because isn't he meant to increase in size? We might have a transformation set of some sort that includes both minifigure-size Hulk and the larger one.

I'm also warming up to the oversized Iron Man helmet, but the chin area still seems too big. If they moved that down, I would be okay with a large helmet. :classic:

Edit: wait, does Iron Man's helmet open up like that, or is that just for promotional purposes? That's a nice feature.

Edited by Delta 38

There were important changes in LEGO's vision about selling individual minifigs between the end of LEGO Batman and the announcement of LEGO Super heroes.

8683-0.jpg2111-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Somehow I think there will be purchasable minifigures in addition to the sets.

Some of the sets have already been announced. There will be a batcave and of course, the buildable Super Heroes. Justice League have a base and ships, so I guess they can do that. Green Lantern could have some battle sets with asteroids and has to fight the yellow guy. Well, there are options.

Yes that's so true. I'm a very deticaded Minifig collector and try to share/sell/gift to others too. I have quite a collection now and it's more than just great it's SUPER to hear about those figs and to see those figs are realy going to be made. Even the fact that most of the movies are still going to be made, LEGO took it's opportunity to make the best movement ever (they both will support eachother, watching the movies, buying LEGO Superheroes and visa versa). I also want to say 'goodbye' megablocks and all other freaking fake/faking LEGO brands (even if they 'try' to sell Halo/Hello Kitty/or Transformers-ish LEGO it's never been a better deal than this!). Even if it's LEGO but a little less quality (e.g. CMF) it still has it's effect of being LEGO so I won't mind. Best move by LEGO ever!

LEGO 4 EVER & A DAY MORE :sweet: :sweet: :cry_happy: !!

Love batmans new grin, and wonder woman's hairpiece! :wub:

The Iron man action figure looks alright, but other then that, I think I will keep to the regular mini-figures.

These look amazing, I can't wait to see the actual sets. Might be enough to get me back into collecting, but it's the prices that have really drove me away and I don't see these being cheap. Still, I was very excited for the possibilities of getting Justice League sets (and obviously a videogame later on) but combining it with Marvel is the single most amazing thing they could have ever done.

My only complaint is with Iron Man, what's with the freaky alien head? I guessed it's because he has a removable helmet, but couldn't it just look similar to the Clone Troopers? I'd prefer just to have a second head you could swap for if this is the only other option.

These look amazing - particularly the DC ones.

It'd be nice that more characters will be available initially rather than just Supes/Bats.

SDCC teases us with a preview GL, but when until the public masses have a chance of owning one from retail purchase?.... :hmpf_bad:

These look amazing - particularly the DC ones.

It'd be nice that more characters will be available initially rather than just Supes/Bats.

SDCC teases us with a preview GL, but when until the public masses have a chance of owning one from retail purchase?.... :hmpf_bad:

If you're asking when sets will be available, January of next year is the stated release date. So they won't likely be appearing in stores until November at the earliest.

I just noticed that the Green Lantern fig seems to be inspired by the movie version due to the green hands and chest symbol, whereas the constraction figure is based on the comic version. Interesting.

Does anyone know if you can enter the contest more than once per month?

By the way, I find it very confusing that we have two threads about this theme. Can't somebody please merge them and call it "Lego Super Heroes Discussion" or something? :sceptic:

By the way, I find it very confusing that we have two threads about this theme. Can't somebody please merge them and call it "Lego Super Heroes Discussion" or something? :sceptic:

Agreed.

oh yeah, and I was coming here to say:

Wouldn't it be sweet if they really used those little 2x3 clear plates as stands? as in just threw in one per minifig in every set?

perfect to balance a fig and not be too noticeable, and of course it's also a good part for building with

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

It does in fact (Picture). Although I appreciate the effort, I would prefer a more proportioned helmet over an opening function.

Am I the only one who actually likes the Hulk figure?!

I'm also interested to see what version of Bane will appear with the sets. The Tom Hardy character from Dark Knight Rises is likely a little too 'dark' for LEGO. We also never saw a Heath Ledger Joker...

Someone had mentioned that Superman looked a little bit older. I've heard the new Superman film reboot reboot 'Man of Steel' is going to have a slightly older take on Kal-el. Henry Cavill is slated to play Supes...

Net/net I'm very excited to see Super Heroes return to the LEGO line! :sweet:

Is it just me, or does Iron Man's head look a lot like Jack Sparrow :wacko: ?

Is it just me, or does Iron Man's head look a lot like Jack Sparrow :wacko: ?

Right now it is Jack Sparrow, but it probably won't remain that way. Besides, that particular Jack Sparrow head that they put in there is the reverse of the skeleton one.

Right now it is Jack Sparrow, but it probably won't remain that way. Besides, that particular Jack Sparrow head that they put in there is the reverse of the skeleton one.

i'm very happy lego bought this licenses.

but i'm very disappointed with these minifigures.

they are certainly look bad.

batman is ok but others look like designers dont care how it is look like!!

i'm very happy lego bought this licenses.

but i'm very disappointed with these minifigures.

they are certainly look bad.

batman is ok but others look like designers dont care how it is look like!!

I wouldn't be so worried at the moment 'legOZ', the Marvel ones look to be in the design process still and the DC ones are all based on the comic book characters not from film/tv. Anyway, a side-bar here.....does anyone get the feeling of a mega-video game of the DC characters next year just like HP, SW and of course the original Bat's game....it would be COOL to fuse in the Marvel ones too....well it's a theory of mine anyway ! :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

DC and Marvel in the same videogame? Unless they're opposing sides, no way! :laugh: I can definitely see them making a Lego Batman 2, perhaps this time based on the Nolan trilogy, but yeah, it would be awesome if they made a game with all the DC heroes. However, it would be even more awesome if they made an Avengers game! :cry_happy: They could make a few levels for the origin story/movie of each avenger, and then some for the Avengers movie!

I wouldn't be so worried at the moment 'legOZ', the Marvel ones look to be in the design process still and the DC ones are all based on the comic book characters not from film/tv. Anyway, a side-bar here.....does anyone get the feeling of a mega-video game of the DC characters next year just like HP, SW and of course the original Bat's game....it would be COOL to fuse in the Marvel ones too....well it's a theory of mine anyway ! :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

The D.C. ones look great for being so early. And the Marvel ones will have 6 more months for development. They will be fine.

Iron Man's helmet is not that large. It is as large as Batman's mask. If Batman's mask is the same size as a metallic helmet, then the helmet is fine . The designers will probably make it smaller now that people have been complaining. It is not necessary for it to lose the open function before turning thinner.

But that's probably because they have been working on the DC ones first since they're coming out in January, and the Marvel ones are more prototype than near finished product because the first set for them isn't to be released until near the Avengers movie.

Shock to us Aussie's might be we might have to wait for DC Universe product until later in 2012 than any one else......I will need to confirm one another few sources....including one that actually deals in both Lego and super hero toy's. :sceptic:

did anyone notice that the marvel prints on the figs are only regular stickers and they weren't put on the figs well

Yes but that's only because they're prototypes.

DC and Marvel in the same videogame? Unless they're opposing sides, no way! :laugh: I can definitely see them making a Lego Batman 2, perhaps this time based on the Nolan trilogy, but yeah, it would be awesome if they made a game with all the DC heroes. However, it would be even more awesome if they made an Avengers game! :cry_happy: They could make a few levels for the origin story/movie of each avenger, and then some for the Avengers movie!

I think making a LEGO Batman game based off of the Nolan trilogy would be difficult, especially with the Dark Knight, considering the Joker is portrayed as a terrorist and kills a whole bunch of people. Of course LEGO would probably find a way to make it kid friendly.

What about all of the deaths that the Empire encoured at the hands of the Rebel Alliance? We got to play that off in the Star Wars games.

In short, I think this theme has a lot of potential.

Even before I signed up, I read this forum nearly every day, but this news came up just around my birthday, the first days in a while I hadn't got to check the site. So I was extremely surprised and excited when I learned of this a few days later. :classic:

I've only recently got into the whole Superhero thing (for some reason, I never liked them as a kid), and now this! :sweet:

It's also reassuring to hear that they may be sold as individual minifigures, so they shouldn't be too expensive (but it is licensed, so I may be wrong :hmpf_bad:).

As for the possibility of a Video Game, if the theme is successful, I'd say it's a near certainty.

It seems that Hulk's hands and arms are castle big trolls recollored arms.

yes (i think) on the hands, no on the arms - trolls had shackles.

yes (i think) on the hands, no on the arms - trolls had shackles.

I'm thinking no on the hands. The Hulk prototype seen at Comic-Con has more fingers and bulkier thumbs. It's possible that since these were prototypes the final set will just use the giant troll hands, but I think if they went to the trouble to make new prototype hands they'll probably go through with finalizing those parts.