Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I do hope for a Fantastic Four series later too. Maybe a Trans-Clear Invisible Women, a Trans Red-Orange Human Torch, larger Thing, and how would they do Mr. Fantastic, stretchy Lego?? Brick-built Galactus too?! Chrome Silver Surfer and board!

I think they could make Mr. Fantastic appear stretchy by using the longer arms or legs that Woody and Jessie have in the Toy Story line.

i absolutly love those figs, but I have one remark about Bats and Supes. If they could give the legs of WOnderwoman those prints, why don't they give Bats and Supes boots?, it vwould looks really cool, I guess.

I was laying in bed last night, totally thinking about real life adult-type stuff-- home repair, stuff like that-- when all of a sudden it hit me:

Colossus. In Lego form.

This will likely happen in the next three years. Nightcrawler, too??

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Are you sure about this? I really doubt mega will still have the license in 2012 now that TLG bought the rights for that year.

Mega is also seemingly moving on to other licenses, like blizzard...

I think so, since the mistery packs with Marvel characters in it say more to come. But 2012 is still some time away, and it could be that they want to sqeeze evertyhing out of the license until it ends.

Isn't there any news about what Mega Bloks will do next year?

Colossus. In Lego form.

This will likely happen in the next three years. Nightcrawler, too??

Do they apear in any of the upcoming movies? I have the impression the minifigures are mostly based on these movies, not on the comics.

Edited by Bobskink

Do they apear in any of the upcoming movies? I have the impression the minifigures are mostly based on these movies, not on the comics.

They appeared in the previous movies, but the X-men figs are said to be based upon the comics.

Bob, the Marvel deal is for the forthcoming Avengers film due in 2012, and also "classic" (which we are taking to mean comic-book looking, based on the Wolverine shown) figures from of Spider-Man and X-Men.

I love the minifigures and can't wait to see what other characters they do. I'm hoping for Rogue!

But I'm not sure that I like those buildable action figures. They look so odd. Like they just stuck the characters heads on mecha bodies. Too much like Hero Factory for me.

If the Spider-Man ones are based off the comics, does that mean we won't be seeing any sets released alongside The Amazing Spider-Man, next summer?

If the Spider-Man ones are based off the comics, does that mean we won't be seeing any sets released alongside The Amazing Spider-Man, next summer?

I would assume not, since an agreement to make sets based on the upcoming Spidey movie would have to be a separate license with Sony Pictures (the movie studio making that movie).

From what the press release said, this new license is specifically with Marvel itself, which grants them access to the comic book likenesses, and movies that are produced by Marvel Studios (Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, etc.). That also likely means no movie-based Fantastic Four or X-Men sets, as those movies were made by Fox. Confusing, huh?

Speaking of which (and sorry for derailing the thread a bit) ... did anyone see the new trailer for The Amazing Spider Man? It's another freaking origin story. COME ON! We all know the story by now! Skip it, and get to the good stuff!

Edited by Joebot

All I want is Nick Fury and the Helicarrier. Is that too much to ask? Oh, and some sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. No?

Well, Nick Fury is already confirmed, and we already got sharks with lasers. :wink:

I'm pretty stoked to see the Green Lantern Minifigure. I'm a Green Lantern fan because of his imagination-based power.

Yeah, I always thought GL would make a great Lego theme because of the imagination theme and all the cool alien characters. I mean, his weapons are called "constructs" for pete's sake! :laugh: There are so many cool sets and minifigs to be made from that theme alone! I really hope they give enough focus on GL.

Only the Marvel minifigs appear to be movie tie-ins. The DC minifigs look very much inspired by the comics and animation, just like the old Batman line was.

I agree. If anything, these Batman figs are even closer to the comics and BTAS than the old figs were.

I think I'm more excited about this than next year's Star Wars sets, which really says something.

Do you even know what next year's SW sets are? :sceptic:

Speaking of which (and sorry for derailing the thread a bit) ... did anyone see the new trailer for The Amazing Spider Man? It's another freaking origin story. COME ON! We all know the story by now! Skip it, and get to the good stuff!

Yeah, it looks so lame! :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

This news has made me extremely happy, I haven't bought a single lego set for almost a year and haven't been building much so I've been going through a darkage. But if these DC sets turn out well I might just get out of it! :thumbup:

Has anyone taken a pic of Thor that would show the hammer better?

How is this angle?

post-19228-131136872596.jpg

Sorry it's a little blurry.

Edited by Velika314

How is this angle?

Thanks :classic: Well, it looks simple but not bad. On the other hand, it may (or may not) look somewhat different once the design is finished. At least the handle might turn out to be brown.

It appears that the reason Iron Man's head is so big is that he has a Tony Stark head underneath it...

post-19228-13113693282.jpg

Now I wonder if the front of the mask comes up or pops off at all...

Surely the minifigs look good and forgive me if I am not too deep into comics, so - what the heck are the sets going to look like?

I remember that making Batman minifigs wasn't a problem. It was the sets that was difficult and didn't appeal to too many. Anyone remember that little Mr Freeze buggy or the 2nd penguin sub? Weren't those weird excuses to sell some minifigs? Now what on earth would a Superman or Wonder Woman or Thor come along with? Didn't TLC state on some occasion that selling vehicles and playsets is where the money is? Wasn't that one of the reasons that certain Indy sets and PoP in general didn't perform too well?

Just thinking.. don't get me wrong. If someone is keen on these minifigs, it's me. I want an Iron Man keyring! But I am not willing to buy a weird 50€ set to get a wonder woman. Just my 2 cent..

Surely the minifigs look good and forgive me if I am not too deep into comics, so - what the heck are the sets going to look like?

I remember that making Batman minifigs wasn't a problem. It was the sets that was difficult and didn't appeal to too many. Anyone remember that little Mr Freeze buggy or the 2nd penguin sub? Weren't those weird excuses to sell some minifigs? Now what on earth would a Superman or Wonder Woman or Thor come along with? Didn't TLC state on some occasion that selling vehicles and playsets is where the money is? Wasn't that one of the reasons that certain Indy sets and PoP in general didn't perform too well?

Just thinking.. don't get me wrong. If someone is keen on these minifigs, it's me. I want an Iron Man keyring! But I am not willing to buy a weird 50€ set to get a wonder woman. Just my 2 cent..

There were important changes in LEGO's vision about selling individual minifigs between the end of LEGO Batman and the announcement of LEGO Super heroes.

8683-0.jpg2111-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Somehow I think there will be purchasable minifigures in addition to the sets.

Some of the sets have already been announced. There will be a batcave and of course, the buildable Super Heroes. Justice League have a base and ships, so I guess they can do that. Green Lantern could have some battle sets with asteroids and has to fight the yellow guy. Well, there are options.

Edited by vexorian

I don't know, it is speculation at this point.

but there is a line:

"Construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters"

We saw the build-able characters and they are sets of their own, so it really suggests that there will be individual figures.

The Freeze buggy and Penguin sub don't seem that unusual to me; superhero comics are replete with odd little vehicles and gadgets created and used by the more well-heeled superheroes and supervillains. What was so odd about the Penguin's sub? Heck, even without going to the original comics at all and looking just at movie incarnations, both the very different Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito Penguins from the '60s and '90s movies had their own distinctive, funky craft. There seem to be so many of these sorts of things that honestly, TLG can get away with just flat-out inventing stuff if they so choose. But beyond that, there are plenty of notable specific locales and vehicles associated with these various characters on both sides of the license divide; the only issue I see is that so many of them might make for huge sets, requiring some invention to fill out the lower price points.

Where'd you hear about certain Indy sets not performing well? I was under the impression the whole line in general did quite well...

Hasbro can get away with selling vehicles that the characters don't need. Like a motorcycle for Flash. If the set designs are good, I doubt it will be a problem for TLG. I think that many Batman sets were rather legendary actually, specially that Tumbler vs. Ice Cream truck one.

PoP didn't perform well because the movie bombed.

And that's about the only unsuccessful licensed theme I can think of right now besides Avatar.

Edited by vexorian

I don't know, it is speculation at this point.

but there is a line:

"Construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters"

We saw the build-able characters and they are sets of their own, so it really suggests that there will be individual figures.

I would hope so, No matter what, I will get the green lantern, and Captain America.

It appears that the reason Iron Man's head is so big is that he has a Tony Stark head underneath it...

post-19228-13113693282.jpg

Now I wonder if the front of the mask comes up or pops off at all...

It does in fact (Picture). Although I appreciate the effort, I would prefer a more proportioned helmet over an opening function.

Am I the only one who actually likes the Hulk figure?!

I'm also interested to see what version of Bane will appear with the sets. The Tom Hardy character from Dark Knight Rises is likely a little too 'dark' for LEGO. We also never saw a Heath Ledger Joker...

Someone had mentioned that Superman looked a little bit older. I've heard the new Superman film reboot reboot 'Man of Steel' is going to have a slightly older take on Kal-el. Henry Cavill is slated to play Supes...

Net/net I'm very excited to see Super Heroes return to the LEGO line! :sweet: