Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

These look really great! :sweet: I'm not a comic book fan, I haven't even read comic books (with the exception of Watchmen). I do like Nolan's Batman films and I've always been a fan of the X-Men series, especially First-Class was amazingly good. And of course I've seen a couple of other comic book films (Incredible Hulk, Iron Man). With all the comic book craziness going on lately, I've decided I wanted to see more of the films and perhaps buy a couple of comic books (so many issues and series to choose from). It looks like LEGO is playing in on that :blush: , so although I'm not very familiar with all of them, I just like these figures. Especially the DC figures look great, and Wolverine also. The Hulk looks pretty massive too.

The DC/Marvel licence is indeed strange, but I think it will be very profitable with the current comic book film adaptions being all over the place. I'm wondering how the sets will be like, hopefully a couple of buildings and nice vehicles. I can only dream of some X-Men: First Class sets. :wub:

There are a lot of beautiful minifigs possibilities for the near future :cry_sad:

Superman Clark Kent, Jimmy Olson, Lois Lane, Perry White, Superman, Lex Luthor

Fantastic Four Dr. Doom, Human Torch, Invisible Woman (transparent minifig), Mister Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Thing

The Avengers Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Ironman, Loki, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, Thor, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern

Batman: all new Alfred, Bane, Batman, Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon, Dr. Freeze, Joker, Pinguin, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Robin, Scarecrow, Two Face

X-men Beast, Charles Xavier, Cyclops, Gambit, Jean Grey, Juggernaut, Magneto, Mystique, Rogue, Sabretooth, Storm, Toad, Wolverine

Spider-Man: all new Peter Parker, Spiderman, Dr. Octavius, Mary Jane Watson, Green Goblin, KingPin, Rhino, Jonah J. Jameson, Hobgoblin

Can't wait to build a "School for the Gifted" MOC for all the new superheroes.

Er, isn't Green Lantern a DC character 'narbilu' ? And also it's Mr. Freeze not Dr. Freeze. :blush::wink:

Now I wonder if we'll get Clark Kent, etc., maybe later on in the series.....wouldn't it be great if they did these minifigs as battle packs ? :laugh:

The mini figures are very cool. I'm glad Lego is expanding the super hero genre beyond Batman. I am not a big fan of the larger figures though. They look too much like Bionicle knockoffs.

From a commercial point of vieuw this is also very strange, Marvel and DC togeather? Having the same liscense as your main rival...

There are lots of toy / statue / collectible companies that have licenses with both Marvel and DC. For Lego to do the same is not at all unusual.

Some of them look really weird.

Can't help thinking Lego is copying Mega Bloks again. It used to be the other way around. :thumbdown:

2347790a_1.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

From a commercial point of vieuw this is also very strange, Marvel and DC togeather? Having the same liscense as your main rival...

TLG had the Spider Man license way before Megabloks figured out they can't win through actual design and quality and tried hard to take licenses away from LEGO only to make <insert that tiresome argument> sets with horrible minifigures which were such a failure that Disney and Marvel ran away of them and back to LEGO.

Well, I have to say, with one exception, these look great! And that exception would be Iron man, who has a head sculpt about twice as big as it actually needs to be. I hope to gosh that they size it down in the final version, otherwise they'll have ruined what could have been a potentially awesome figure. :sceptic:

This is so awesome. I can hardly wait to see the finished versions of Ironman and Hulk. Also keeping my fingers crossed to see a Thing/Ben Grimm minifig in the future. Sigh, but waiting till may for the marvel line!!?? Sigh...

Thanks for the pictures Hinckley :thumbup:

Superman: Overall, a great minifig, I particularly like the quiff in his hair. Maybe a slightly darker red for his cape.

Wonderwoman: I don't think they will change this one much at all, although with the way the bodysection is printed, they may have an attempt at having the body shaped in-line with the print.

Batman: This one depends on whether you think it should be based on the comic version or the recent film version. If it's the comic version, overall fine, although maybe the gray a little darker. If it is the film version, it has be all dark gray/black and a more serious expression.

Catwoman: Great overall, they may try the different body shape, like I suggested with Wonderwoman.

The Joker: Nothing wrong with this one, maybe a different face if they went with the current films version. But with what they've shown, I think they are certainly going with the cartoon/comic versions.

Poison Ivy: Nothing wrong with this one, I really like the prints on the hair.

Wolverine: Overall good, no mask though.

Iron Man: Helmet far too big in comparison to the body. I think they need to go with a moulded helmet and also some armour to go over the body section, this could allow a transparent piece for the chest.

Hulk: He definitely has to be bigger than the rest, so I have no problem with the size, but the overall shape isn't quite right.

Thor: Overall, I like the design, but I think he needs his armour to be a separate piece, so he looks more bulky, at the moment he looks too skinny.

Captain America: Overall nice design. Colours work, but I think he needs a separate piece for his mask, doesn't look right with the stud.

Actually, why are we complaining about iron man's helmet that much?

Doesn't Batman has the same 'problem' but with a mask? Why is it so odd that Iron Man's helmet is the size of Batman's mask?

I think the smile on Batman looks really bad. Bruce Wayne never smiled as Batman, and I don't think that TLC is making a Dick Grayson batman either.

Actually, why are we complaining about iron man's helmet that much?

Doesn't Batman has the same 'problem' but with a mask? Why is it so odd that Iron Man's helmet is the size of Batman's mask?

Same thing with catwoman aswell, but unlike IRONMAN they have parts of their face showing. Anyways I think he will look quite alright once we see the finished version of him, even if the helmet is this large

I know my son is VERY excited already about these!

I'm sure these can still be changed/modified before they're released, correct?

I sure hope Captain America has a PRINTED shield for the future...that sticker already looks beat up.

I sure hope Captain America has a PRINTED shield for the future...that sticker already looks beat up.

The stickers are just to show what the printing will look like and where it will go. All the marvel characters are made of stickers.

I am totally blown away by these unexpected wave of news! Plus, seeing those superheroes minifigures, had actually made me looking forward to 2012. Can't wait to find out the sets behind those minifigures and the entire theme!

This piece of news simply made my day! :wub: :wub: :wub:

If you take a close look, every new mold is actually in prototype material and even the face prints are stickers. Most of these guys are very preliminary. I think the only finished one is the exclusive green lantern.

Oh! I love it! I have to collect they all! *oh2*

But Iron man looks like a tadpole. :sceptic:

The DC minifigs look excellent! That said, I can't help but be disappointed with the Marvel minifigs.

I know they're prototypes, but Iron man, The Hulk, etc. all look terrible. Hulk should be an actual minifigure, not what he currently is. Iron man should just have a printed head, not a gigantic oversized helmet. They could use something similar to the power miners crystal creature arms for the hulk, and give him a bulky chest piece.

The only decent looking one is Wolverine.

I was hoping to get a glimpse at some of the actual sets...

TLG had the Spider Man license way before Megabloks figured out they can't win through actual design and quality and tried hard to take licenses away from LEGO only to make <insert that tiresome argument> sets with horrible minifigures which were such a failure that Disney and Marvel ran away of them and back to LEGO.

But now these rival companies have the same liscenses at the same time.

I have some of these Mega Bloks (or even Minimates) figures, and as mush as I'm a Lego fan, I dare to say they look really good. Some (Irom-Man) even better than the upcoming Lego verions and that Hulk figure is 0% Lego. (I am a Spiderman fan, so that is why I have some Mega Bloks)

I"m also interested in the price differeces with Mega Bloks. Lego always had the same excuse that liscensed sets were expensive, but so far the Mega Bloks liscensed sets are rather cheap. The difference in the quality of the used plastic is also slowly fading.

I just don't have a Lego feeling with these new themes and I hope they don't take the place of old clasic themes. But if so, so be it, the kids should decide...

Anyway, now we also know which Lego computer games will come up in the future.

Edited by Bobskink

The Marvel stuff feels like it's still deep in pre-production, and there was enormous pressure to get something, ANYTHING, onto Comic-Con's shelves

Because they are, and because they did.

Iron Man would be better if they had an extra chest piece to bulk him up a bit.

that Hulk figure is 0% Lego

How is it 0% lego? What would make it lego for you? Are the trolls from the castle line Lego? The Troll from early HP line? The Lego Wampa. The bigger rock monsters?

Edited by simonjedi

These are great! I'm not sure about Iron Man's head but overall I Love them and can't wait! :laugh:

Yeah! Let's hope they work that out before release. Captains shield better be a printed piece. I can't wait for these to come out. Although I'll probably pass on DC line, although I said the same thing about Alien Conquest and Pharaohs Quest(which I have all of now), so who's to say. I'll be getting Marvel, I love me some Marvel!

Why so much hate for The Hulk? He is bigger than normal people, so why would they make him a minifigure, that'd be pretty lame. It's like he's inbetween transformation. I think he looks perfect with that mold, just as he should be.

Edited by Legocrazy81

So wait, sorry, but are these official? Because the Ironman helm and the Captain America stickered body threw me off..

Also, as someone said, the fact that TLC managed to get Marvel and DC together is amazing. I REALLY want a Deadpool minifig now.

Aswell, Ironman's helm is so not preportional to his body. It's huge.

Edited by Scyzoryk