30162 Quinjet

30163-1.jpg

30163 Thor and the Cosmic Cube

30165-1.jpg

30165 Hawkeye with Equipment

ComicCon Pictures Spoilered here:

EDIT: New Image!

B3K-Lego-Avengers-570x349.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted. If it needs to be merged with another thread, Pep please do so. Thanks :sweet:

marvel_dc001.jpg

marvel_dc002.jpg

marvel_dc003.jpg

marvel_dc004.jpg

marvel_dc005.jpg

marvel_dc006.jpg

marvel_dc007.jpg

marvel_dc008.jpg

marvel_dc009.jpg

marvel_dc010.jpg

marvel_dc011.jpg

marvel_dc012.jpg

marvel_dc013.jpg

Edit: Rather than delete Hinck's pics of the Ultrabuilds, I've spoiler-ed them. Please discuss those in this thread.

marvel_dc014.jpg

marvel_dc015.jpg

marvel_dc016.jpg

marvel_dc017.jpg

marvel_dc018.jpg

marvel_dc019.jpg

marvel_dc020.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Awesome minifigs, thanks for posting, Hinckley. My favorites are Thor and Wolverine, but I wonder if they'll change Wolverine's hair to a new mold. No doubt the old vampire hair is perfect for him, but I can see TLG making a new mold too.

The only one I don't like is Hulk. I know the design is in its early stages, but why not just use a minifigure instead of a new action figure type mold?

Edit: Looks like they beat you in the main thread.

Thanks, Hinck, those are some excellent pics, but they probably should be posted here.

The only one I don't like is Hulk. I know the design is in its early stages, but why not just use a minifigure instead of a new action figure type mold?

Because Hulk is much bigger than a normal person, just like the wampa. :wink:

Thanks for posting all this in one thread Hinck!

So great to see those new Super heroes. Will be really exited to see the sets as well that those figs will be in.

Guess we have to wait a few months to see them though.

Might we get a black Spiderman now as well? Please, please, please!!

These are great! I'm not sure about Iron Man's head but overall I Love them and can't wait! :laugh:

Edited by CarsonBrick

personally i was just happy for batman's reurn but the launch of a DC universe line is beyond cool... and then we find out marvel are launching what appears to be a complimentary line that almost unites the two comic factions in a cross over DC vs Marvel lego superheroes line, i literally cant wait for these to come out any of the figs look awesome... except ironman his head is way too big they should have just gone for a c3po style head for more accuracy even though it would sacrifice having starks face underneath

personally i was just happy for batman's reurn but the launch of a DC universe line is beyond cool... and then we find out marvel are launching what appears to be a complimentary line that almost unites the two comic factions in a cross over DC vs Marvel lego superheroes line, i literally cant wait for these to come out any of the figs look awesome... except ironman his head is way too big they should have just gone for a c3po style head for more accuracy even though it would sacrifice having starks face underneath

I agree, I was expecting Batman but instead we have the whole lineup!

I like all of the figures, though some could do with work. Iron Man's head is oversized, but I guess that's not too bad. The Hulk needs improvement.

Seems that I was wrong about the "buildable figures". That's nice, but I'll only be getting Iron Man because he's the closest to the actual character. Thanks for the images though. :cry_happy:

I think iron mans helmet is alittle bulky, other than that they look great! Well, everyone except hulk, im just not a fan with the wampa style figs. :sceptic:

This is really getting exciting, can't wait for more!

CF

The fact that LEGO have managed to get both DC Comics and Marvel to join up in one theme is amazing and I think this new theme has so much potential.

Hi guys. There is also a fantastic contest running on the official LEGO Superheros website, that you are maybe interested in!

To enter, you can make a stop-motion or live action video, take a photo, or even draw a picture of a DC Universe character using your LEGO Super Heroes Minifigures and/or other LEGO Minifigures in Super Hero style.

Prizes:

A trip for 4 to Warner Bros. Studios, WB Animation, and LEGOLand® California Park, the complete 2012 LEGO Super Heroes: DC Universe collection, A limited-edition DC Universe hand-painted cold-cast porcelain maquette creative exclusively for use as a 3D reference piece for artists and more.

check this out: http://www.legosuperheroes.com

As a life long comic reader, I'm pretty underwhelmed by these. The Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy look pretty good, but all the Marvel ones look a little sketchy, particularly Wolverine. No mask :thumbdown: Then Captain America has no wings on his head. Thor lacks detail. No comment on Iron Man.

I'm guessing they are working from whatever the most recent cartoons are, which means I'm not their market.

They are a long way from production, so hopefully there are lots of tweaks yet to come. I really would like to see great creations of these characters.

They look awesome! Except maybe Ironman,what´s with is big head? they have time to change it. Some of them are pretty close to the custom minifigs around there,i wonder if TLC got some inspiration on some of them?

I suspect that the Marvel Avengers stuff (i.e. Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man) is based on the Avengers movie and the movies (Iron Man 1/2, Thor, Hulk, Captain America) that preceded it, not the comics.

Wolverine is probably based off the most recent X-Men film that had him in it rather than the comics.

As a life long comic reader, I'm pretty underwhelmed by these. The Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy look pretty good, but all the Marvel ones look a little sketchy, particularly Wolverine. No mask :thumbdown: Then Captain America has no wings on his head. Thor lacks detail. No comment on Iron Man.

I'm guessing they are working from whatever the most recent cartoons are, which means I'm not their market.

They are a long way from production, so hopefully there are lots of tweaks yet to come. I really would like to see great creations of these characters.

They are indeed a way off, and the Marvel ones undoubtedly look less polished than the DC ones because they're farther off - according to the press releases, the first of the new DC sets will launch in January, while the first of the Marvel ones launch in May. The DC minifigures are therefore final, or close to it (and look it), while the Marvel ones are still prototypes (note that not only are the new molds for Hulk and Iron Man still rough-looking, and the Hulk's face unprinted, but so does Thor's hair, probably because it's an existing part but in a new color and they haven't molded any regular production units of that hair element in that color yet, and the decorations on Captain America are just paper decals.

Also as noted in the press releases, the Marvel characters from the upcoming movie The Avengers (and the various movies that lead into it) are indeed patterned specifically after their screen incarnations, while the X-Men and Spider-Man characters will reflect their classic comic looks.

Wolverine may well come with a reversible head, showing his face masked and unmasked; I pretty much expect it, actually. Also, I think it very likely many characters will be represented by more than one minifigure, showing some of those characters' different "looks," just as we've gotten for Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Sheriff Woody, Spongebob Squarepants, etc., including existing minifigures for Batman and Spider-Man and so on (and even Johnny Thunder, Lord Sinister, etc., for that matter).

I am not into superheroes, but Poison Ivy will make a wonderful wood nymph, a siren of the forest, luring knights into deadly entanglement.

Also, Wonder Woman is hot. I like the hairpiece.

For everyones information all the Lego SuperHeroes presented are not the final products... specially the Marvel ones which wont even launch til May 2012.

it is amazing that lego is making this release, hopefully TLG do a great job with the final sets, this could even rival star wars which has been getting a bit bland and repetitive the last few years.

in general i am happy with the figs, i hope they have another look at hulk, personally i think he is too big, if they do him like Lotso from toy story would be about right, bigger than the average fig but still small enough to be considered a mini fig, at the end of the day figs are suppose to be small and cute, no one is going to like a wampa size hulk lol my 2c

Thanks for the new round of pictures Hinckley. This is such BIG news. Some of these minifigs are stunningly good! I'm really excited about this new line. A few thoughts on each of the minifigs...

Superman - Looks older a la Kingdom Come. The creases as his eyes lead me to think this. Makes me wonder if they'll cover KC too. That'd be so very cool.

Wonder Woman - Hopefully she'll be included with her invisible jet, impulse set. Really nice printed details and I like her lasso prop, though I think it could've been longer to curve down over another minifig - it's a small niggle.

Batman - Good 'ole Batman. I've got a few of him already, still a great fig though.

Catwoman - They've tightened up the detail on her outfit... and her waist-line! Looks that bit sexier... :wink:

Joker - Love his new expression, looks more manic/crazed/evil. That hairstyle suits him better too.

Poison Ivy - Always felt the original Ivy had a pinched face - this is a huge improvement. Hair and torso pritning look superb.

Wolvering - Logan looks great. I reckon he'll come with both hair AND mask... maybe not a cigar.

Iron Man - I believe this quote sums it up: "Look at the size at o' that boys heid, it's like an orange on a toothpick!". Normal printed head would be best for this guy. This far into production I doubt it.

Hulk - Great decision to make Hulk big methinks - can't wait to see his "HULK SMASH!" exprssion!

Thor - Movie/Ultimates version? Looks fine to me though I'm probably least interested in him.

Captain America - Very early stage for this guy by the looks of it. Will surely have those wings on the sides of his head. Hopefully LEGO will create the WWII version - I've always preffered that look. Then he can be fighting off some of my IJ Nazi's!

I really am SOLD on these. Hope that the models themselves can backup the minifigs nicely.

Because Hulk is much bigger than a normal person, just like the wampa. :wink:

Now that's a fight I'd like to see!

Might we get a black Spiderman now as well? Please, please, please!!

I reckon that'll be a given. Spidey's black suit is about as famous as his regular suit!

...but all the Marvel ones look a little sketchy, particularly Wolverine. No mask...

I really like the Wolverine fig - I don't think LEGO will miss an opportunity to provide his mask with the figure.

It's US entries only though :(

Curses! Foiled again! Back to the Nerdmobile!

I'm loving the new designs, especially the new design of Joker and Poison Ivy. The lack of change with Catwoman and Batman is a little disappointing, but I'm sure things will change between here and now. Superman and Wonderwoman (love that whip) look good, though I've never been much of a fan of them.

I'm even less of a Marvel fan, but from what I know a few Spiderman comics, playing MUA, and one or two movie trailers, they look accurate enough. I think they chose the right proportions for Hulk; mini-fig sized would've look odd. Maybe that is how they'll do Bane.

Speaking of which, I hope they don't just concentrate on Bat-villains/Lex Luthor. I don't know any Green Lantern enemies, or Wonderwoman antagonists, and would love the chance to be taught by Lego! :sweet:

Those Bionicle-thingys are beyond my comprehension; never liked that style of Lego, and likely never will. :sceptic:

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Wow, saw these last night but not this close. TLG usually does such a great job of holding back until things are just right-- but in this case it's only half right. The DC figs look perfect-- the printing on Wonder Woman is astounding-- but the Marvel figs look like crap. I woke up half expecting to read that 'meat1980' or whoever posted those last night was actually duping us with MOC figures.

The Marvel stuff feels like it's still deep in pre-production, and there was enormous pressure to get something, ANYTHING, onto Comic-Con's shelves. Personally I'd have preferred a little sign that says 'Marvel Coming Soon' than to see those. Captain America looks like it was made with ink jet label stickers and thrown in a kids backpack for a week or two, The Hulk seems more like a preliminary sculpt, Wolverine's face print looks like it was done with a Sharpie (and not even a fine pointed one at that), and Iron Man's head-- well, it just looks extremely amateurish. Thor's probably the closest to the mark, although he desperately needs a new hair sculpt, obviously, AND I pray they do a traditional costume variation at some point as well.

Now, do I fully expect to see a complete turnaround on these? Of course-- I think by the time these sets are in stores the Marvel figs will be fantastic, and the molds will meet or exceed the standards of quality and aesthetic value we come to expect from TLG. But to rush these into Comic-Con was, in my estimation, a big mistake.

Interesting to see Marvel and DC characters getting the Hero Factory treatment ! :wink:

Should do better than Ben10 and do I read right that the Marvel characters come out in May hence the custom art work faces and torsos instead of the finish product for DC characters. :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

I just got into comic books so this is just AWESOME!!!!!! All I can say is that I'm going to be broke next year. I think that you should post that there is a batcave set in the first post. It's listed as one of the contest's prizes.

Some of them look really weird.

Can't help thinking Lego is copying Mega Bloks again. It used to be the other way around. :thumbdown:

2347790a_1.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

From a commercial point of vieuw this is also very strange, Marvel and DC togeather? Having the same liscense as your main rival...

Edited by Bobskink