mytoyshop

Fire Brigade Discontinued?

It shows available for me on S@H. Look, we all know this set is going to retire at the end of the year. Some of us have even had it confirmed by lego on more than one occasion that its done after 2013. That gives you a bit more than a month to order one. Get it while you can. End.

meh i gabled a bit and bought two fire brigades and one grand emporium, if they discontinue and i can make a profit on them in 2 or 3 years, so be it, if not hell i got a sh*tload of bricks :D and hey, what should i do with my money otherwise ? xD

It seems like there are a lot of people out there who are buying modulars close to the end of their shelf life in the hopes of selling them for a profit in a few years. With all of the potential sellers out there, will there be a large enough market to buy them? Or maybe the profits won't be as high as hoped...

There will always be a market for past modular buildings, but I agree the profits won't be like the cafe corner and green grocer. If I can't into it much later I would totally try to grab the previous sets. Although like now I'm more selective. I am modifying my own cafe corner and green grocer and probably won't bother with the market street, but if I got them then when they were available it wouldn't have mattered.

FB was the very first modular building I picked up, and it was a great build. I don't think I'll pick another one up even it's likely to be discontinued by the end of this year, but it'll be sad to see it finally take its bow.

It seems like there are a lot of people out there who are buying modulars close to the end of their shelf life in the hopes of selling them for a profit in a few years. With all of the potential sellers out there, will there be a large enough market to buy them? Or maybe the profits won't be as high as hoped...

I'm not sure, but hasn't FB been around quite some time longer than those sets you see selling for rediculously high prices? I think a lot more sets have been sold of FB and indeed: a lot of people are anticipating the demise of this set, so the market will see quite lot more sets for sale once it is finally discontinued.

There will always be a market for these sets and inevetably the prices will be higher than retail once the set is discontinued, but the profits will be quite a bit less high, I think.

ah hell, you cant go bad on this deal, i bought 2 extra sets... if prices are high enough i can sell for a profit, if prices don't go high enough i have a lot of bricks to make a moc and with what 7 eurocents a piece its not that bad in my opinion. BTW i got a second grand emporium aswell, if that turns out to stay low, i can make a large GE XD, like i said you cant go bad on this, well i have paid 450 euro now but ah hell, money is there to be spent :D

ah hell, you cant go bad on this deal, i bought 2 extra sets... if prices are high enough i can sell for a profit, if prices don't go high enough i have a lot of bricks to make a moc and with what 7 eurocents a piece its not that bad in my opinion. BTW i got a second grand emporium aswell, if that turns out to stay low, i can make a large GE XD, like i said you cant go bad on this, well i have paid 450 euro now but ah hell, money is there to be spent :D

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!:-)

Its a win-win-win opportunity! Build it, sell it for a profit or use it for a MOC. You can't lose! I just bought a second GG.

a second Green Grocer ? where did you get that one at a decent price ? its 500+ euro sometimes... and dont get me started on the Cafe Corner -,- the one that got away *starts crying*

a second Green Grocer ? where did you get that one at a decent price ? its 500+ euro sometimes... and dont get me started on the Cafe Corner -,- the one that got away *starts crying*

Got it off Amazon. About $760 US in perfect condition, NIB.

You only live once, eh?

It's listed as Sold Out over here (Dutch Lego.com shop).

It's listed as Sold Out on United States Lego.com. I think it's finally happening.

then let the waiting begin xD i want to see how much it will take to see prices sky rocket at ebay and other sites XD

Quite a few shops still stock them, so I think it will be a few months. Offcourse some people will try to cash in early, but there's even a chance that some shops will lower the prices as it's an "end of line" product (well, ok, that's maybe a bit of wishful thining on my behalf).

I purchased one of the last Fire Brigade sets available last month on the Target website. I just finished building it recently and the strangest thing happened. In the box they gave me a whole extra bag of bricks. I could tell after I built the set and I had a large amount of pieces left. This has never happened to me before in all my years of Lego building. I just thought I would share this with you all.

I purchased one of the last Fire Brigade sets available last month on the Target website. I just finished building it recently and the strangest thing happened. In the box they gave me a whole extra bag of bricks. I could tell after I built the set and I had a large amount of pieces left. This has never happened to me before in all my years of Lego building. I just thought I would share this with you all.

See my post #118. Did you receive those as extra as well?

is there a way to know if you got the extra bricks or not ? don't want to open the box just yet xD maybe if i put them on a scale or something ... who knows they box weight with and without the extra goodies ?

Edited by Stefano

See my post #118. Did you receive those as extra as well?

Yes I did. It was quite a surprise and that has never happened to me before. I wonder why they are giving away all those extra pieces?

Incidentally, if you're British, after one of these still and don't care for scalpers, try John Lewis. The one in Reading had three on the shelves when I visited on Friday. (The only other modular they stocked was, oddly, Town Hall.)

Now it is the fact - FB is a retired set

IMO the main reason to drive the price of cafe corner and green grocery is the price for some of the unique parts. BL those two sets won't save you a Loy comparing with buying the actual sets (@ the current price).

Has anyone done the research on how much it will cost to BL the Fire Bridget bricks?

Given the long shelf life of the set, I am not confident on the investment of a second set.

Now it is the fact - FB is a retired set

... Snip

Given the long shelf life of the set, I am not confident on the investment of a second set.

Your instincts seem pretty good. I just checked Amazon and eBay and there are around 200 sets for sale at $250 and up. I wonder if anyone is actially selling them or just listing them?

I have 2 sets but I bought them for me, not or sale.

Andy D

Your instincts seem pretty good. I just checked Amazon and eBay and there are around 200 sets for sale at $250 and up. I wonder if anyone is actially selling them or just listing them?

I have 2 sets but I bought them for me, not or sale.

Andy D

Amazon prices usually jump once an item is discontinued. On the Canadian lego site it is now listed as a retired product. Sad to see it go but thankfully I own one. The fire boat and helicopter are retired as well. Those two sets didnt even last 10 months :(