mytoyshop

Fire Brigade Discontinued?

No I kept the modulars. The once I called the 2nd time and verified my information customer service processed the order. I ended up making 3 orders in the last 4 days.

I have really no idea what happened with the customer service review. But they told me the same, it seems random. But all worked out no big deal.

Luckily with about an hour to spare with the double vip points the 999 points from the 3 modulars showed up and I was able to order the Fire Brigade and get double points on it as well as 60.00 off of it. I was trying hard not to get into the modulars but all the reviews and discussions on this forum just made me cave. I really admire the level of detail that they include in them. Sadly I missed the cafe corner and green grocer and they are just way to expensive now. If anything I can always consider this an investment. I never normally consider toys as investments but lego seem to hold their value and appreciate.

I would love to see a Police station to compliment the Fire Brigade.

I am also getting my orders really quickly. My order shipped on the 14th and was delivered today. I hope the order with the modulars comes as quickly. Although it probably helps that I am in Louisiana and they are shipping from Mississippi.

I ordered the FB last week and arrived on Monday. I just finished building it today and I've got to say I LOVE IT. Now i'm hooked and I am hungry for more. Next modular is the GE.

If you don't want an ancient vehicle to go with the Fire Brigade, the current CITY off-road forest fire truck fits OK inside...but I had to fold the mirrors and remove the top turret nozzle. Specifically it's short enough it fits within the bay without sticking out. A bit too tall to go through the rear door's archway, but fine through the garage door...

The VIP points are credited for your purchase, but only once the item ships. The offer still qualifies at the time it ships though, so even though Double VIP ends today, if your order ships in 30 days, you will still get the Double VIP when it ships.

Also, they do still give free shipping, even on backordered stock (at least that's what I've gotten). I think that text might be in their terms as an "out".

Thanks for the info!

Hi

the german SAH still has the fire brigarde available - without any shipping delays or something similar. I am very close to get one of them. It would be my start into th modulars. I think it is a good idea to start with the oldest of the ones that are still in the shop.

Dino

There were a few copies of the Fire Brigade at my (kinda) local LEGO store in Sawgrass, Florida last Thursday. I wish I saved my money to get a few. :cry_sad:

Edited by just2good

I caved and went and bought one tonight :blush:

My first Modular building! I was going to buy 2, and sit on one, but I have a feeling it wont go for as much as the Cafe Corner and Market Street are going for. A check of Briklink shows an abundance of 10197's, unlike the other 2. Time will tell I guess.

My first Modular building! I was going to buy 2, and sit on one, but I have a feeling it wont go for as much as the Cafe Corner and Market Street are going for. A check of Briklink shows an abundance of 10197's, unlike the other 2. Time will tell I guess.

I guarantee you, you will enjoy the build. It's a fun one. And yes, people took notice on how the prices skyrocketed on the CC and GG so more and more people bought the FB just for investment purposes. But IMO, I think there are TOO many MISB FB's out there that it will only go up to about $200-250 in the future.

Even at that rate, it's a return on my investment so I'll take it. I'm just glad I didn't buy 8 unlike some other fools I saw...

Edited by Bellicose

The Firebrigade is listed out of stock, expected shipr date April 18th. If I order this will I get it or is this what happens when the discontinue a set?

The Firebrigade is listed out of stock, expected shipr date April 18th. If I order this will I get it or is this what happens when the discontinue a set?

This should have been posted here! and will not help by digging up old threads!

I added the FB to my checkout on the 19th of March and will finally get it Tomorrow. I did not have to wait till the 18th of April like it said it was shipping on at S@H.

Edited by stevkir

I was at the LEGO Store here in Indianapolis at the Castleton Mall, and they had the Fire Brigade on the shelves. Looks like they had quite a few available.

This is definitely the modular building that refuses to be discontinued. Amazon USA has restocked the set...

I'm starting to think the Grand Emporium will be discontinued before the Fire Brigade!

Locutis

I'm starting to think the Grand Emporium will be discontinued before the Fire Brigade!

Locutis

Haha, this is so true! It seems like Lego has changed the discontinuation patterns for the modulars, so they appear to last for three instead of two years. That's not so cool for the resellers, but for new AFOLs its great, I certainly wish Market Street and Cafe Corner were around when I came out of my dark age in 2010.

Was my first Modular as well, got if for my birthday, was a lovely build and It really got me hooked. Ended up buying the GE and pet store too. Love it!

I think FB was released in the fall of 09 rather than Q1 or spring like most other modulars----hence the longer time on the shelf. May disappear before the year's end.

GE was released Feb of 10, so I suppose it's also possible than both of them may disappear around the same time.

I was at the Liverpool store yesterday and bought the Fire Brigade and was told what stock they had was all that was left as it was getting discontinued. I built it today and it looks awesome.

I think the only reason that Fire Brigade is still around is because of the problem they had with one lot (39R1) that was missing a bag. They pulled those off of the shelf and ran another production run. I suspect if that hadn't happened, that these may have disappeared by now.

Hi

can you please tell me which bag was not in the box and how you can find out without opening the box that the bag will be in or out?

Dino

Hi

can you please tell me which bag was not in the box and how you can find out without opening the box that the bag will be in or out?

Dino

There were a lot of sets in the 39R1 batch that were missing bags. If you hadn't noticed, the little stickers sealing your box have a number code on it. If one of them is 39R1, you should check the contents.

You can find some extensive information here:

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1933/fire-brigade-10197-missing-parts

Locutis