Sign in to follow this  
Hechristensen

Adding a 9V Light to a PF Santa Fe

Hi there. I am puzzling with motorizing my new Santa Fe default_wubnew.gif and I need some help.

My plan is to use a PF motor with accociating batt.box and reciever. But I want to use the classic 9v light also.

6035.gif?0

How do I connect this light brick with the PF Reciever.

I think I once read somewhere that there was an extension wire that could do this, but I cant find it..... default_cry4.gif

Hope some of you Wizards in here can help me.

Why not just use the PF LED (insert it into a Technic Brick 1x2 with hole)?

The PF LED will provide a better (white now yellow and brighter) light. You can also use the second LED to provide backlighting in the Engineer's Cabin.

Why not just use the PF LED (insert it into a Technic Brick 1x2 with hole)?

The PF LED will provide a better (white now yellow and brighter) light. You can also use the second LED to provide backlighting in the Engineer's Cabin.

The thing is that I DONT want a second light in the cab. default_sceptic.gif

the normal powerfunctions extension cable has 9v adapters on the underneath of the powerfunctions bit,

LEGO® Power Functions Extension Wire Item: 8886

Extend the reach of your LEGO® Power Functions!

Power up your LEGO® Power Functions creations with this 8" extension wire. Make your models bigger, better, and more mechanized than ever before!

Allows you to connect your LEGO 9V electric systems to the new Power Functions!

Extension Wire is 8" (20cm) long

Click this link

the normal powerfunctions extension cable has 9v adapters on the underneath of the powerfunctions bit,

LEGO® Power Functions Extension Wire Item: 8886

Extend the reach of your LEGO® Power Functions!

Power up your LEGO® Power Functions creations with this 8" extension wire. Make your models bigger, better, and more mechanized than ever before!

Allows you to connect your LEGO 9V electric systems to the new Power Functions!

Extension Wire is 8" (20cm) long

Click this link

You will indeed need the 8886 conversion wire to connect the light to the Power Functions system. However, this conversion wire has the 9-volt connector at the bottom so it can't be clipped directly to the light (at least not in the configuration that the light is installed in the Super Chief). You will need either a 5306bc020 Electric, Wire with Brick 2 x 2 x 2/3 Pair, 20 Studs Long or a 4757 Electric, Plate 2 x 4 with Contacts with a 3020 Plate 2 x 4 (any color) underneath to allow the conversion wire to clip on top of.

The 5306bc020 wire is at least 5$ on Bricklink and the 4757 Electric Plate is 3$ to 5$. It might be cheaper just to buy the Power Functions LED and to just clip off one of the two lights. Depends on how purist you want your setup.

Good luck with your Super Chief.

Dan-147

Edited by Dan-147

Hi again.

Thank you all very much for your help. Very informative! default_thumbup.gif

On that background I went for the PF lights and now I have finally recieved all the parts needed and come up with a solution for them....

Also I moc'ed the Super Chief a little bit. I know this is dangerous ground, as the original is SO GOOD! default_classic.gif

So here it finally is. My Super Chief with complete Power Functions. I shortened the nose to put it a little more in scale, and I also made the gray side area a little larger to put that more in scale as well default_blush.gif

sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

sf3.jpg

sf4.jpg

Edited by Hechristensen