Sign in to follow this  
solta

MOC Hummer H2 (minifig scale)

Here is a vehicle for three minifigs to sit in it. My design was inspired by Hummer H2, but this is the closest as I can get. At the rear, there is one more vertical bollard missing, for design to succeed.

The vehicle is suitable for winter:

06.jpg

and for summer:

07.jpg

But if you want something really extreme, then you need to do some custom made shock absorbers. Lego did it decades ago for the vehicles with width of four studs, but for six studs vehicles you need to do it yourself.

Here is the resault:

09.jpg

For more pictures click here: Hummer H2

Edited by solta

I like this a lot, it goes really well with the official Lego 4x4 in that picture on the Kocke forum. I'm not too fond of the gap underneath the doors (where you can see the lifeguard's bare bum...) but it's probably hard to avoid that if you're doing the doors this way.

I'm not too fond of the gap underneath the doors (where you can see the lifeguard's bare bum...) but it's probably hard to avoid that if you're doing the doors this way.

You could use a 1 x 2 panel on each side and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 (x 2) studs to allow the two minifigs to sit side by side.

Very nice build. I think it fits right in with how Lego vehicles are looking these days. I may have to borrow some of these build techniques.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice 4x4 'solta', it actually reminds me not of a Hummer but of the new retro style landcruiser front ends. :wink:

Brick On 4x4 On 'solta' ! :grin:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

You could use a 1 x 2 panel on each side and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 (x 2) studs to allow the two minifigs to sit side by side.

I already did that. Minifigs are sitting on jumpers. For minifigs to sit side by side you need 6 studs - 3 studs for each minifig (2 studs for legs and 1 stud for both arms). I could move doors a little lower but it would be too low.

Cool SUV 'solta', though it looks more like a Wrangler to me. How did you fashion the live axles? Keep up the great builds default_classic.gif

Probably really looks like a Wrangler. For live axles I used two "Plates, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Hole" counter facing (one up and one down) connected with "Technic, Pin". On "down facing Modified Plate with Pin Hole" I connected "Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pins" also facing down. I hope this is understandable. My English is not so good. Sorry.

I already did that. Minifigs are sitting on jumpers. For minifigs to sit side by side you need 6 studs - 3 studs for each minifig (2 studs for legs and 1 stud for both arms). I could move doors a little lower but it would be too low.

You have a 2 x 6 stud area available for the minifigs to sit side by side. So, I think you could replace the jumper plates on the outside of the vehicle by 1 x 2 panels on each side to close the gap under the door and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 x 2 stud area to still achieve the offset seating of the minifigs.

You have a 2 x 6 stud area available for the minifigs to sit side by side. So, I think you could replace the jumper plates on the outside of the vehicle by 1 x 2 panels on each side to close the gap under the door and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 x 2 stud area to still achieve the offset seating of the minifigs.

Oh, sorry. Now I understand what you suggested. I will try that. Thank you very much.

Probably really looks like a Wrangler. For live axles I used two "Plates, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Hole" counter facing (one up and one down) connected with "Technic, Pin". On "down facing Modified Plate with Pin Hole" I connected "Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pins" also facing down. I hope this is understandable. My English is not so good. Sorry.

I get what you are saying and can see the upside-down plate underneath, in picture 3, very clever. Speaking of the 3rd pic, what is the boat off in the distance? It has a nice look to it default_classic.gif

Speaking of the 3rd pic, what is the boat off in the distance? It has a nice look to it default_classic.gif

It's a speed boat. I just quickly assembled it. Nothing special. Nice that you noticed it.

Here are some photos:

03.jpg

04.jpg

For more you can click here: Speed boat

It's a speed boat. I just quickly assembled it. Nothing special. Nice that you noticed it.

Thanks for posting it! Now that I've seen it clearly, it's much better. I love the look the curved slopes gives it, a true Gentleman's Racer default_classic.gif