Johan the Yellowhead

Modular Buildings Together

That is interesting! Thanks! Neat way to add these roadplates. Although what I like best about the roadplates used normally is that it gives you more space for a sidewalk. Nevertheless, very interesting tutorial!

nothing stopping you sliding the roadway out a little and building out the sidewalk, just using that vid as a guide.

This is an interesting idea. I specifically like how you can add a drainage hole under the pavement. But on the other hand, this can be plate consuming. :sceptic:

I guess you could avoid using the green 32x32 plate as its just used to raise the modular up to give clearance for the road plate. You could do the same with miscellaneous plates attached to the underside of the modular

For the corner buildings, it wouldn't be much different, albeit a little more tricky. You'd have to use 3 baseplates, ten just do what was shown in the video. It would just take a lot more plates and tiles.

Just had a look with my GE. It's more tricky as you can't tuck in two road plates on adjacent sides without them hitting each other. Maybe you could raise the building up and have a larger kerb on on side?

That's a nice line up off modular buildings, I didn't realise there were so many already. The only one I own is the pet shop, but haven't had time to build it yet.

I suggest you get the Fire Brigade. Not only is it going out of production soon, but it's a very cool build.

Just had a look with my GE. It's more tricky as you can't tuck in two road plates on adjacent sides without them hitting each other. Maybe you could raise the building up and have a larger kerb on on side?

Oh, that's true. Hmm, I'll have to think about this. Building out one curb would look funny though. Say the right side curb is 3 studs wide, then the other is 6 wide.

Oh, that's true. Hmm, I'll have to think about this. Building out one curb would look funny though. Say the right side curb is 3 studs wide, then the other is 6 wide.

nah, as long as the kerb is the same size all along one street, I think you could get away with building it out a little at the corner - maybe a hot dog van or a few trees? Might have a play myself

It's always nice to see a line-up of the modular buildings.

Every time I visit Jamie's desk I look at it...and no matter who many times I saw it already, it stays nice.

I hope we continue with this concept at work because it's such idea with a lot of possibilities.

I don't know if their is a threat where the fans post there ideas what maybe could be the next Modular Building.

If not, it maybe can help us decide what we build maybe in the future... :pir-wink:

Sadly, this year I will not be able to repost a picture with all modulars together (meaning first post pictures plus Palace Cinema). For the past few months I've been breaking down all modulars and storing them in boxes on the attic in preparation of the birth of my child (which happened three weeks ago!). Hopefully I'll be able to rebuild all the modulars in due time so I can give you all the pictures once again. :laugh:

Maybe i can help with these pictures...8814244709_37ffbaa6f5.jpg

Wow! They look wonderful all together. Now I want to build them again even more! Funny how big the Market Street looks beside the Palace Cinema... And nice going on the two Pet Shops!

Sadly, this year I will not be able to repost a picture with all modulars together (meaning first post pictures plus Palace Cinema). For the past few months I've been breaking down all modulars and storing them in boxes on the attic in preparation of the birth of my child (which happened three weeks ago!). Hopefully I'll be able to rebuild all the modulars in due time so I can give you all the pictures once again. :laugh:

Congratulations on becoming a dad! Life doesn't have to end though, you've got months before the little one starts crawling. As long as you're careful about not dropping pieces on the floor, you should be OK until they start pulling themselves upright on the furniture!

Maybe i can help with these pictures...

Very jealous!

Congratulations on becoming a dad! Life doesn't have to end though, you've got months before the little one starts crawling. As long as you're careful about not dropping pieces on the floor, you should be OK until they start pulling themselves upright on the furniture!

Very jealous!

And when he does stand up straight, we'll quickly teach him the wonderful world of Lego! :D

I really liked seeing these buildings all together. I don't have Market Street or the Palace Cinema yet and my Cafe Corner and Green Grocer are coming along nicely. This year has been a hard one to keep up with all the sets. I couldn't watch the video as it was set to private...but I can visualise in my head how to use road base plates in combination with the corner modular. Technically you would need three. Two straight and one intersection road base plates to make the corner. It would be a bit tricky about the placement of bricks onto the original base plate but definitely worth a try.

As a theme I think the Modulars are fantastic. Each one has it's own quirks and merits, and they look great individually, standing alone. But when you see them together they are amazing.

Congratulations to anyone who has managed to complete the full set, bricklink a CC, or build a series of MOCs to compliment the series....

I love seeing them all together like that. Very impressive seeing how many there actually are and how great they do look next to each other. I don't have a complete set, but am bricklinking the early releases. I'm sure I'll get around to finishing them sometime, but in the meantime I will just admire all of them together.

Keep up the fun builds everyone!