tjb tyranno

Which is your favorite LEGO set?

Medieval Market Village has been my favorite ever since I first lay my eyes on pictures from the set. It's simply truly magnificent, a work of art. Nothing else comes close as far as I'm concerned.

Medieval Market Village has been my favorite ever since I first lay my eyes on pictures from the set. It's simply truly magnificent, a work of art. Nothing else comes close as far as I'm concerned.

You know, I started participating on the Historical (aka Castle) forum only to talk about LOTR, but since then I heard that set mentioned SO many times that I finally caved in and received mine monday. Opened the box but haven't opened the individual bags yet. All those shiny brown bricks call out to me... "free me from those bags! I can't breathe!" :laugh:

The photographied scenes depicted all around and under the box are hilarious. Lego knows how to make any of their sets silly and cartoonish, in a good way. The old peasant cracks me up, always walking around with his cane and a hunched back.

You know, I started participating on the Historical (aka Castle) forum only to talk about LOTR, but since then I heard that set mentioned SO many times that I finally caved in and received mine monday. Opened the box but haven't opened the individual bags yet. All those shiny brown bricks call out to me... "free me from those bags! I can't breathe!" :laugh:

The photographied scenes depicted all around and under the box are hilarious. Lego knows how to make any of their sets silly and cartoonish, in a good way. The old peasant cracks me up, always walking around with his cane and a hunched back.

Fun thing is that I've owned it since December 2011 myself - but have yet to open it. A set of that caliber, I'm saving for a really special occation. And for when I have room to display it.

My current fav is the 8110 Unimog. It has been oodles of fun building a collection of attachments for it.

7528488840_237fca2f16_n.jpg

I also have to vote MMV. :wub:

The greatest set I own, and In my Opinion, the best one Lego has ever made.

Well, either that or the Imperial Flagship, the greatest non land set for me.

=== MY FAVS ===

I collect Technic, City/Train, some large models, and now LOTR. Here are what I consider to be my favourite sets.

Technic: 851, 856, 857, 8860, 8846, 8859, 8660, 8865, 8855, 8854, 8862, 8868, 8872, 8858(RebelWrecker), 8880, 8460, 8422, 8485, 8480, 8459, 8479, 8462, 8448, Mindstorms RIS 2.0, 8457, 8466, 8002, 8461, 8366, 8455, 8421, 8284, 8285, 8275, 8043, 8110

City: 10041, 6361, 1496, 1497, 6542, 6345, 6571, 10159, 6335, 6598, 7034, 7239, 7905, 7990, 7991, 7649, 10185, 8404, 5771

Trains: 10001, 10002, 4565

LOTR/Castle: Helm's Deep, Weathertop, Shelob, Medieval Market Village, 3739 Blacksmith Shop

Large model vehicles: 5581, 5571, 5563, 2556, 4403, 7470

Classic Space: 6950

And no, I did not just list my entire collection, it would take far too long. (Except for trains and classic space, those are the only sets I have in the theme)

======

However if I had to pick only one for Technic and one for Town/City...

8868-1.jpg

6542-1.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

I also have to vote MMV. :wub:

The greatest set I own, and In my Opinion, the best one Lego has ever made.

Well, either that or the Imperial Flagship, the greatest non land set for me.

Agreed, the Imperial Flagship comes close to MMV. I wish I had it.

I have to go with my favorite set from childhood Eldorado Fortress 6276

I have really liked alot of the recent Star Wars stuff

I don't have ONE favourite.

From the major themes/groups:

Star Wars ~ 10179 Millennium Falcon

Castle ~ 6086 (with MMV coming in a close second)

Town/City ~ 'Green Grocer' modular

Space ~ Galaxy Explorer

Pirates ~ Imperial Flagship

Polybags ~ Target Practice

Angler Attack 7978 from Atlantis would have to be my favorite set. It's so quirky and the barracuda minifig is so bizarre.

It recently brought me out of the dark ages so I don't have a lot of the other famous, iconic sets that have been mentioned but in any case I might still choose this set. Any set that opens one's eyes to the magic of Lego is worth mentioning, even if it's just an impulse or polybag set, right?

7978-1.jpg

Hmmm...That's a tough one.

If I were limited to the more recent ones, I'd say 9468 Vampyre Castle.

On the flip-side, if I had to choose one of the more classic sets, I'd say 6973 Deep Freeze Defender or perhaps 6086 Black Knight's Castle (although I'd have to own it to be sure).

Bluebeard, out-

The Life on Mars theme's set, Red Planet Protector. That was a set was a monument to my childhood of Lego collection and building, the first set (non-Technic) that I captured my interest. And to this day, it still stands as a favorite.

Has to be 6285 Black Seas Barracuda!

6285-1.jpg

There is such a choice but having just bought me a boxed one of these, I have to say it is a fantastic ship :wub:

As I predicted at the start of the year, Helms Deep did indeed go down well... I now have 3 favourites that are joint first place

1 9474 The Battle of Helms Deep

2 10193 Medieval Market Village

3 6091 King Leo's Castle

my second favourites

1 9472 Attack on Weathertop

2 9471 Uruk Hai Army

3 9469 Gandalf Arrives

My Third favourites are all the LOTR sets I haven't mentioned

That's as far as I go :)

I'm not sure which is my favourite, but I really like the charming, old-fashioned LEGO feel of 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress. My absolute favourite set I've ever had is King Leo's Castle. I can't say without the instructions whether it was 6091 or 6098 I had, but it was great.

I've also long desired 7163 Republic Gunship and 4504 Millennium Falcon.

Well, I don't currently own it, but I love, love, LOVE the Grand Emporium. I am going to be picking it up this summer if it manages to stick around until then, because I am currently broke. :grin:

There are so many, but out of the themes i collect and only from sets i actually own:

Classic Space: 928 - Space Cruiser and Moonbase a.k.a. Galaxy Explorer

Star Wars: 10188 - Death Star

Castle: 10193 - Medieval Market Village

Modular Buildings: 10211 - Grand Emporium

And one of my latest Acquisitions, but already my new all-time-favorite:

8970 - Robo Attack

8970-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Glorious.