Johan the Yellowhead

Cafe Corner Interior

After lurking around the forums for a while, it is now time to start contributing! Here, I bring an overview of the modular buildings (pictures moved to new thread here) and my edit of the interior of the Cafe Corner. I hope to be able to make some modular buildings of my own in time...

Now, for the promised interior!

img_1089.jpg

img_1090.jpg

What's that? No green plate interior?

img_1092.jpg

Wait a sec... Someone is in there!

img_1094.jpg

On the ground floor, a Friends-like (the sitcom...) cozy corner, a bar and of course an espresso machine!

img_1096.jpg

Bird-view...

img_1097.jpg

Upstairs, we find two bedrooms for guests. One larger room with a fireplace, the other room a little smaller but with a nice flower.

img_1099.jpg

img_1104.jpg

The top floor shows a recreational room with library.

img_1105.jpg

I hope you enjoyed watching. Thank you! Feedback is much appreciated!

Edited by Johan the Yellowhead

Great interior Jonothan, and welcome to EB!

My favorite part would have to be the bottom floor. I drew out on brickpaper a while ago an interior for a cafe corner-esque modular building interior, gland this is basically what it looked like. My main suggestion would be to add another small table, and make the counter more prominent, probably some snot and a lighter colour.

Great work with your photography, and nice setup of your town. Glad to see a new member on EB, especially in Town!

Dakar

Great interior Jonothan, and welcome to EB!

My favorite part would have to be the bottom floor. I drew out on brickpaper a while ago an interior for a cafe corner-esque modular building interior, gland this is basically what it looked like. My main suggestion would be to add another small table, and make the counter more prominent, probably some snot and a lighter colour.

Great work with your photography, and nice setup of your town. Glad to see a new member on EB, especially in Town!

Dakar

Thank you for your feedback Dakar! I was thinking about changing the counter, but a snot-approach did not cross my mind! Thanks! I tried several setups with another table, but somehow it always made the room to crowded, so I decided, since there are two tables outside, I'd stay with one... Hope to see your brickpaper drawing put to the test in real life soon!

I also wish to welcome you to EB 'Johan', wonderful interior....excellent furniture and tiled flooring, makes CC look 100% better on the inside. :classic:

Brick On ! :classic:

Great interior, quite inspiring. That first shot brings tear to my eye, for two reasons. First being because its just a beautiful sight. Second, it makes me sad because mine are sitting together(minus the unbuilt Town Hall) in a box on the floor in my room.

The TH doesn't look bad at all lined up with the others. Especially next to the FB. Thanks for the new screensaver. :grin:

I like what you've done with the interior. Especially the hotel section looks really nice, I have been debating on ways to do the hotel room and I think you've done a lovely job with it. :thumbup:

Nice job - it's always good to see different takes on this. I really want to do something like this with mine, but I never seem to get around to it... :)

Great inside! And, wow! I've never seen all of the modulars together. That Town Hall is quite impressive.

I love the group shot. :wub: Now if only I had all of them to recreate this. :cry_sad:

You made a nice interior for Cafe Corner, I like all the little details you added. :thumbup:

Very nice interior 'JtY'. I've been meaning to get my modulars out and give them some accommodations. This is very elegant. Is there work on the GG or MS? default_classic.gif

Very nice interior !!! I havn't done my CC-interior yet... I'm thinking something "Central Perk" inspired. But you've given me a couple of great ideas for inspiration. Especially the fireplace on the first floor. NICE!

Great interior, quite inspiring. That first shot brings tear to my eye, for two reasons. First being because its just a beautiful sight. Second, it makes me sad because mine are sitting together(minus the unbuilt Town Hall) in a box on the floor in my room.

The TH doesn't look bad at all lined up with the others. Especially next to the FB. Thanks for the new screensaver. :grin:

Thanks and your welcome! If you ever need one with a bigger resolution, just pm me! :wink:

I understand where you're coming from. I must be honest, normally at my place, they don't get 'out' often. They are stuffed on my attic, where there is no light and little dust, making it the best possible place for storage. I go up once every two weeks or so, to check them out. I only get them down once a year after I finish building the modular building of said year. Then they are allowed to shine in full glory! :sweet:

I like what you've done with the interior. Especially the hotel section looks really nice, I have been debating on ways to do the hotel room and I think you've done a lovely job with it. :thumbup:

Thanks! I always envisioned the CC to be 'build' over two seperate decades. The lower part to me seems a restored part of the original building, whereas the upper part is still in it's classic style. With this in mind, I decided I wanted the upper part (the hotel part), to have a more classic look to it, so I decided to use brown, since it has that 'wooden' feel about it. The lower part is more the 80's-90's dining look, with a stone floor and leather seats.

Very nice interior 'JtY'. I've been meaning to get my modulars out and give them some accommodations. This is very elegant. Is there work on the GG or MS? default_classic.gif

Thank you very much! Ever since my dark ages, I sold all my lego... :blush: This means, for every new building I want to build, I have to buy all the parts I need as I have nothing in spare, which, you can imagine, costs quit a lot of money... So to keep myself busy and not go bankrupt on Lego, I decided to start small, and fill up the modulars I have right now. Plans for the GG and others are definitely there, although I might not act on my own for the GG, since it is my misses favorite!

Very nice interior !!! I havn't done my CC-interior yet... I'm thinking something "Central Perk" inspired. But you've given me a couple of great ideas for inspiration. Especially the fireplace on the first floor. NICE!

Haha, exactly what I envisioned when designing the interior for the ground floor! I still want to tweak some small things in the future, since I believe there can be just a little bit more detail. On the other hand, I never really like crowded rooms, so I might just leave it at this for the time being.

Really great detailing with the interior, although I'm a little bitter about not owning the CC myself, only a little. :tongue:

On the ground floor, a Friends-like (the sitcom...) cozy corner, a bar and of course an espresso machine!

But where's Gunther?!!? :laugh:

Really great detailing with the interior, although I'm a little bitter about not owning the CC myself, only a little. :tongue:

But where's Gunther?!!? :laugh:

He's after Rachel! Didn't you see, she's not there either! :wink:

Since being back with lego only some three years, I never expected to be one of the few people to have all the modulars. But now I'm more into it, it really strikes me that prizes of CC, GG and MS are (still) going up drastically. I'm just one lucky dude to have found them 'on time'! :blush: On a particular site from Holland, somewhat like e-bay, Cafe Corner is selling for 400-500 euro's! Even though it is beautiful, I would never pay that (couldn't even if I wanted to...)!

Very nice interior for sure. I am currently bricklinking this build, so I will not be doing an interior for quite some time (too much money!), but this is exactly something worth doing. You definitely made it feel more like a hotel. I really like the hotel rooms themselves.

Green Grocer already has an interior...

What a lovely interior you created. I like the way you made two hotel rooms on the first floor and a library on the second. Love to see more of your work. And by the way, Welcome to Eurobricks Johan.

What a lovely interior you created. I like the way you made two hotel rooms on the first floor and a library on the second. Love to see more of your work. And by the way, Welcome to Eurobricks Johan.

Thank you! I'm currently designing the interior of GG's upper two floors in LDD, although I'm having some troubles finding fitting colors for the floor and furniture. The green color of the GG is outstanding, and a brown floor always suits, but I like to get a different take on this one compared to the CC interior I made. I'll keep you posted when I decide on something worth sharing!

I had just started attempting an interior for the Cafe Corner on LDD when I found this. There are probably some things I would do differently, but this definitely reassured me that it's possible to fit a hotel in the upper floors of the Cafe Corner.

All in all, this is an excellent mod. It comes out looking very professional, as if the CC had come with a full interior in the first place. Well done!

I had just started attempting an interior for the Cafe Corner on LDD when I found this. There are probably some things I would do differently, but this definitely reassured me that it's possible to fit a hotel in the upper floors of the Cafe Corner.

All in all, this is an excellent mod. It comes out looking very professional, as if the CC had come with a full interior in the first place. Well done!

Thanks for this wonderful compliment. Very eager to see your take on the interior of the CC!

hi Johan

very nice work with the cafe corner interior!

the download links seem to be not working. are you able to repost them? thanks!