A2L

Why so few animals?

Finally has anyone taken a look at this http://www.brickanimals.com/ ? Good to see that more entrepreneurs are coming forward to fill the gap left by TLG. May be someday this thread will become irrelevant as all (LEGO compatible) animals will be available from 3rd parties just like mil. arms and accessories.

WOW! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that before. I have no problem going third party - I've happily bought from brickarms, brickforge, ME Models, and most recently, brickwarriors. I'd love to choose official LEGO first, but I'll take what I can get.

As for brickanimals, the problem I see is that the dogs look TOO nice for the level of detail in minifigures. They're too nice.

WOW! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that before. I have no problem going third party - I've happily bought from brickarms, brickforge, ME Models, and most recently, brickwarriors. I'd love to choose official LEGO first, but I'll take what I can get.

As for brickanimals, the problem I see is that the dogs look TOO nice for the level of detail in minifigures. They're too nice.

I discussed that site on another forum a while back, we tried contacting them but I think the site is dead, or at least hasn't responded to any communication.

I discussed that site on another forum a while back, we tried contacting them but I think the site is dead, or at least hasn't responded to any communication.

Hmm, I can't see any address of them – I only can assume USA because of the LLC –, no shipping costs or anything. The images look rendered, so no photos of the finished product either. Thus I'd rather not place an order there – if that actually worked, that is: when I click an order button, all I get is the same page again (with some parameters in the URL). Pity, kinda.

I think so as well. IMO, they should be a bit more stylized by being more blocky. They are too curved on the sides. Still, they are nice.

I was checking out another thread this morning about using 3D printers for LEGO blocks, and I immediately thought -- I could design and print my own animal pieces! Well, maybe in a few years. I foresee a huge number of custom designs for 3D printing for minifigs, animals, unusual parts, etc. So if TLG doesn't want to give us animals, we'll just make our own!

A circus is also an observational leisure activity, but there's usually a strong sense of thrills and danger, and circuses have never hesitated to play up this angle. Of course, circuses have their own share of controversy regarding how animals are treated for the public's amusement, so TLG might be deliberately choosing to avoid such a theme for that reason.

I don't know how relevant it is to revive this thread, but I just checked that TLG first introduced circus in DUPLO in 1987 or 1988, with the first animal in circus in 1994 and a full fledged DUPLO circus in 2008 with animals and ringmaster (as per search results on BL). So I don't think TLG is avoiding this theme.