Thelonious monk

TSATS: Power Boat with Two Axle Trailer

TSATS entry

Power Boat With Two Axle Trailer

It's my first MOC ever, pleae be gentle! :wink:

To sail the Technic sea can best be done with a power boat, there is no better feeling than to cruise the Caribbean with the warm wind in your hair, going at high speed through the water!

boat%2520031.jpg

It features an intricate steering mechanism, an M-Motor powered propeller, reclinable seats and bench, a rear hatch containing the battery box, 1 M-Motor, 1 battery box

boat%2520036.jpg

It has an outboard motor which has a working propeller and working steering.

boat%2520038.jpg

the battery box is hidden and can be easily accessed by a hatch on the rear side of the boat. There are two front seats and a rear bench

boat%2520037.jpg

Creating the body was the most difficult thing to do, as it has many odd shapes and it should be instantly recognizable as a power boat. All in all I am quite happy with the result.

boat%2520028.jpg

boat%2520029.jpg

Overall length of the boat is 72 cm (28¨) (including the outboard motor), width is 17 cm (7¨)

It uses one M-Motor for propulsion, which is 'hidden' in the outboard motor. The battery box is hidden under a panel on the rear of the boat.

boat%2520039.jpg

For fun, I modified the 9395 Tow Truck to pull the trailer and power boat.

boat%2520049.jpg

I sincerely hope you enjoy my creation, it was lots of fun to build and I am already looking forward to the next Technic challenge!

Please also check out the video:

Awesome boat! Too bad LEGO doesn't make a speed control switch. That would be awesome! :-D

Good luck!

jojoguy10

@ Thelonious monk: As an experiment, do you think your boat could float if you inserted a balloon into its hull and inflated it? I can't tell if there's enough room for the balloon to conform to the internal structure of the hull: :look:

6822916772_b69c6b54eb_z.jpg

great idea!

actually, I experimented with all the pneumatics I have (as that wouldn't disqualify my MOC from entering the challenge :classic: ) making a closed circuit on the bottom of the boat and pumping it up, but the pneumatic hoses are just too small to really make any floating possible.

I'm trying to keep brainstorming, as there is quite a bit of space in the hull that I would theoretically be able to fit some sort of floating device in. Maybe I'll get that old LEGO City police boat hull out and see if it fits ...

Fill pneumatic air tanks with air,and place them underneath the boat.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

When I saw your entry to contest first time I was little bit afraid that you had come with same idea as me... I am happy that you hadn't. To your boat - it is simply BIG and I admire you for body design of boat. You chose good color scheme and I cannot imagine how you assembled so many liftarms and panels together. One more idea - did you think about choosing black color for engine? I don't know why if anyone speak about ourboard engine I will imagine black Mercury...

Edited by Tomik

thanks for your positive feedback!

It's my first MOC ever, so I'm still a little nervous about posting here.

I built most of the boat in one day, I had a clear idea in my head of what it should look like and kept going until I got it right.

as for the black engine: very good point! it's just that I don't have enough black panels unfortunately. Maybe I'll still make it before the deadline though, a black engine would look great.

When I saw your boat entry I also saw the similarities with my idea - great minds think alike! :wink:

I really like what you did with your creation, amazing that you built it out of just one set

Edited by Thelonious monk