Sign in to follow this  
teabox

The summoning of the Sea serpent

I can finally show of a MOC I have been working on since September. The MOC was first completed in LDD in December and not until February did I get hold of all the pieces I needed. During this building time I have seen a lot of other LEGO dragons being made, but hopefully you can still enjoy my dragon. I have taken the time to do a little comic around my LEGO scene. I hope you enjoy it :) (Text was written together with my girlfriend)

6968927229_29569b3965_z.jpg

6968927259_4f94be18ff_z.jpg

6968927281_a570be08b1_z.jpg

6968927325_bcf1179e36_z.jpg

6822803818_18e39bba12_z.jpg

6968927361_8660eeae47_z.jpg

6968927383_82e67c2025_z.jpg

6968927395_dc442292ca_z.jpg

The Main Scene (without sound effects)

6822803694_9a61586980_z.jpg

While working in LDD I was afraid that I was designing something that would be very fragile and hard to work with. Besides a few weak points the design proved to be more solid than I dared to hope for.

Two more pictures.

6822809376_12e373e8eb_m.jpg

The summoning of the Sea serpent by Teabox (henrik_zwomp), on Flickr

6822809244_890e5a4b42_m.jpg

The summoning of the Sea serpent by Teabox (henrik_zwomp), on Flickr

This is amazing! I went through the pictures slowly, and I expected the dragon to come out from the sea, but it was still a surprise. *oh2* The effect of splashing water is incredible, and the scene was caught in the best moment to show off the dimensions of the beautifully built (hungry :laugh: ) dragon!

This is amazing! I went through the pictures slowly, and I expected the dragon to come out from the sea, but it was still a surprise.

It was the same with me. The water effect gives it such a dynamic that I really got startled a bit when the snake came up!!

Most impressive!!

Great job with this, I especially love the splashing water. Well done!

Wow Henrik! This is great! That serpent is very nice! The dark red spines are a nice detail! Poor little fella that is going to be the serpents meal!

great story and build! as mentioned the effect of the dragon coming out of the water is fabulous!

I also love that you built a row boat! great job with that as well.

The waves have a natural movement and the water effect is fantastic.

But the sea serpent to me is the jewel of this Moc.

Great reptilian stylized form. :thumbup:

Great job. I especially like the dragon/serpent, it looks amazing. I was just looking at this one on Flickr this morning. :thumbup:

I like the spiky look of the fins, and of course the water effect. The minifigs are also well chosen. :thumbup:

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Awesome design! Loved the comic and build-up to the seas serpent rising from the sea. Great water effect and I laughed at the end - poor boy.

Great job!! :thumbup:

haha, great comic, and great MOC, too. That water effect is really fantastic, excellent work, sir. May I ask what torso you have on the wizard, it doesn't seem to be the standard one included with the figure?

That is awesome! The serpent is a bit on the simpler side, but the overall scene is just spectacular! The splashing effect is pulled off perfectly! Great job and a fun little comic to go along with your creation. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind words :)

May I ask what torso you have on the wizard, it doesn't seem to be the standard one included with the figure?

It is one of the two standard Green dragon torsos - 973pb691c01

973pb691c01.jpg

Which means that the two minifigs actually have the same torso :)

I saw it one flickr first. But it does deserve a second notice. The water is excellent and the dragon is a beauty! :classic:

Amazing water effect. Very cool and funny story you made. You should make a whole comicstory :laugh: