Rufus

Architecture Month: Building Contest

Can I use Fallingwater as my set, even though it's a set?

Edited by RPGer

I have a building that I've already posted here before, but I've been thinking of rebuilding it in a different scale. Will that be eligible?

If it's obviously a different MOC, that should be ok.

Read about that contest today and registered immediately afterwards!

But I think, I'm too late (no registered member before 8th March 2012),

to enter? Am I?

Oh, go on then! :laugh: I'll adjust the rules to make it clear.

Can I use Fallingwater as my set, even though it's a set?

You can of course make a MOC of the Fallingwater building, but if it's obviously based on the design of the existing set, it'll be disqualified.

Oh, go on then! :laugh: I'll adjust the rules to make it clear.

That's very kind of you, thank you so much!!

So we have space for 4 pictures. Does the picture of the real building is included? 3 LEGO 1 Real or is it: 4 LEGO and 1 Real?

And can we show the model in front of the real building for the picture?

So we have space for 4 pictures. Does the picture of the real building is included? 3 LEGO 1 Real or is it: 4 LEGO and 1 Real?

I think it's 4 +1 (additional picture of the real building)!

And can we show the model in front of the real building for the picture?

Four pictures of the MOC, and one of the real building. If you show the model in front of the real building, it will count as one of the four pictures of the MOC.

New Prizes Available!

The LEGO Group has very kindly donated three Architecture sets as additional prizes for the Architecture Building Competition!

ArchCompPrizes.jpg

The prizes are now as follows:

The Prizes

1st Prize: 21010 Robie House (worth 199 Euro)

2nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 150 Euro (~198 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

3rd prize: You get a maximum budget of 50 Euro (~66US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

4th Prize: 21011 Brandeburg Gate (worth 35 Euro)

5th Prize: 21012 Sydney Opera House (worth 25 Euro)

Architecture Set prizes and worldwide shipping very kindly donated by The LEGO Group. Monetary-value prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.

That's awesome. I'm always amazed at how generous The LEGO Group is towards contests on Eurobricks (and not forgetting the generosity of the organisers supplying the original prizes of course). My entry is designed and parts have been ordered ...

How do I register? Sorry , Im still new here.

You don't have to register for the contest: just post your entry in a new thread. Make sure you read the rules carefully :wink:

Would we be able to do ancient structures that have been lost to time or demolished?

I'll get back to you on that.

:oh: Lots of LEGO there, Rufus.....it's mine! :devil:

Can we do something from a non-excistant world, like Helms Deep? :look:

Edited by RPGer

Wow! That's fantastic. I'd like any of those sets. Or the money!

Placing Bricklink orders tomorrow, getting excited!

So tempted to enter this contest with something from my city,just need to figure out which building to attempt and how I can build it.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was still under construction, I would build the new Perth Arena (multipurpose indoor stadium for concerts, big shows, basketball, tennis etc). But since its under construction and currently looks nothing like the finished building, I will have to build something else.

Need to find some building that looks cool, can be built in LEGO without the need to order 100s of transparent bits (or other rare parts) from Bricklink at great cost and is well known here in Perth.

Good excuse to use my new camera to take some shots of possible subjects :)

New Prizes Available!

The LEGO Group has very kindly donated three Architecture sets as additional prizes for the Architecture Building Competition!

2nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 150 Euro (~198 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

3rd prize: You get a maximum budget of 50 Euro (~66US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

4th Prize: 21011 Brandeburg Gate (worth 35 Euro)

5th Prize: 21012 Sydney Opera House (worth 25 Euro)

Architecture Set prizes and worldwide shipping very kindly donated by The LEGO Group. Monetary-value prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.

If one were to win, would they be able to substitute the monetary prize for the robie house, if one so desired? Thanks in advance!

Dakar

:oh: Lots of LEGO there, Rufus.....it's mine! :devil:

Can we do something from a non-excistant world, like Helms Deep? :look:

I'm afraid not. It must be a real building.

If one were to win, would they be able to substitute the monetary prize for the robie house, if one so desired? Thanks in advance!

Winners can pick a lower value prize if they wish, in the order that they come.

Please note the following correction to the prize pool:

The Prizes - Note the new prizes kindly donated by TLG!

4th Prize: 21012 Sydney Opera House (worth 40 Euro)

5th Prize: 21011 Brandeburg Gate (worth 35 Euro)

Don't blame me! I took the values from Shop@Home - where Sydney Opera House was listed as €24.99 instead of €39.99. That appears now to have been corrected :blush:

Are simple colored backgrounds allowed? You wouldn't believe how much of a pain it is to photograph an all white model. :tongue:

Does the model have to be simple enough for a real set, or can we do something really complex, like the Bird's Nest in China?

Don't blame me! I took the values from Shop@Home - where Sydney Opera House was listed as €24.99 instead of €39.99. That appears now to have been corrected :blush:

Wait, what? I thought the Brandenburg Gate had the largest piece count of the two, funny that it's cheaper :wacko:

I just wanted to say that I really like this competition. So that's what I am doing with this post. :classic:

Many great creations are popping up already! I'm still doubting about what building to recreate. It's pretty hard to make that decision.