WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

On a scale of 1 to 5  

279 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 7?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

Thanks guys for your comments! :sweet:

Quick question, does the bagpipe fit on a mini figs head? Looks like it might, all though it serves no particular use, it would be funny.

I think you can but I didn't try it.

So this is going to be released on April 1st? Yay! :classic:

I will think it will be around that period. I can't know for sure.

Just a quick question, though. Besides the Grandma Visitor's basket, were there any other rubbery or soft plastic pieces?

If you count the Aztec spear tip, then I don't think there are others in that category. I am pretty confident of it.

Great review White Fang¡

I know a picture of the group of 5 knights is already but could you post an upclose to see how an army of them would look like.

Just wondering if their look would fit as an alternative Uruk Hai.

Thanks in advance. :classic:

Thank you for the nice review.

Wow 5 female figs. Great!

I love the Little Red Hood.

Thanks for the incredible review, WhiteFang! It's very detailed, and your complete collection of all the CMFs is stunning, especially considering that you have at least three of each fig! *oh2* I am indeed quite excited for this series! That Galactic Marine/Patrol is simply amazing! :wub_drool:

Nope. There is no back-printing. I will normally highlight any of the new minifigs' torsos especially if there is a new back-printing.

So, since you didn't show any back views, does that mean none of them have back printing? Not even a zipper or fluffy tail for the bunny suit guy? :sad: That's disappointing as I thought they were finally starting to give these figs back prints. Well, at least some of them have double-sided heads.

Thanks for the great review. So this means they are coming out in a few weeks? Too soon, way too soon. They are going overboard with the CMS.

It's good to see that they made some of the army builder type minifigs more available (space marine and knight at 5 each). My guess would be that the Aztec Warrior and the Bride will be the most sought after with regards to supply vs. demand.

And I have to say I don't really like the Evil Knight despite being a Castle fan. Too much silver ornamentation on him, it's over the top.

The Valkyrie is very nice but it's a small let-down that she comes with a plain shield.

I know a picture of the group of 5 knights is already but could you post an upclose to see how an army of them would look like.

Just wondering if their look would fit as an alternative Uruk Hai.

Thanks in advance. :classic:

No promise but I will try my best to see if I can come up with anything. I am preparing to go for overseas soon, so I might run a little short of time.

So, since you didn't show any back views, does that mean none of them have back printing? Not even a zipper or fluffy tail for the bunny suit guy? :sad: That's disappointing as I thought they were finally starting to give these figs back prints. Well, at least some of them have double-sided heads.

If you meant the bunny minifigure, then look carefully and hove around for links. :wink:

The Valkyrie is very nice but it's a small let-down that she comes with a plain shield.

I will tend to think that the skirt torso and the headpiece make up 'most' of the costing? Still, the Valkyrie is an impressive minifig.

Great review, WhiteFang! Good to know that LEGO has cleared up what the Scotsman wears under his kilt.

You said that Series 7 was the first to have 5 female minifigs. What about Series 6 - the flamenco dancer, the goth skateboarder, the surgeon (the eyelashes give her away), the Statue of Liberty and finally Space Girl - won't that series qualify for the first to have 5 female minifigs?

Wow. This series is awesome! It's really bad that the price has just become to unreasonable for me to justify buying one...

great review! can't wait to see these figs in the shop! :sweet:

however, this series does not impress as former series did. Evil knight, Space Dude, the prehistoric fig, swimming champion,... hmmm... not my choice, honestly. I would liked a better Space Dude and knight...

the Aztec warrior looks cool, though, even though i'm a bit disappointed with the colors. I like the spear, but i would have prefered the Roman, Indian,... one, one you can use for any type of "castle" minifig... Hope the plastic doens't look "cheap" either.

the bagpiper would be my fave, even though i'm not too fond of the skirt, however, the rest of the fig is simply incredible.

i can't say there's a fig i'd like to get in large quantities in this series. There's no "Roman soldier", no gladiator, no Spartan in it for me, but i'll most certainly get 1 of each...

Woah! I was surprised it was even possible to get a hold of these already.

Thanks for the review White Fang! The amount of parts and accessories in this wave is abundant. I am totally getting all of them.

:laugh:

You said that Series 7 was the first to have 5 female minifigs. What about Series 6 - the flamenco dancer, the goth skateboarder, the surgeon (the eyelashes give her away), the Statue of Liberty and finally Space Girl - won't that series qualify for the first to have 5 female minifigs?

You are right to say the Series 6 'actually' got that honour because I was staring at the Surgeon very hard and I didn't really classified her as a female minifigure back then until the eyelashes which is why I now included her into the group picture later on.

however, this series does not impress as former series did. Evil knight, Space Dude, the prehistoric fig, swimming champion,... hmmm... not my choice, honestly. I would liked a better Space Dude and knight...

Won't the Galaxy Patrol Classic Space insignia motivates you a little to get it? :tongue:

the Aztec warrior looks cool, though, even though i'm a bit disappointed with the colors. I like the spear, but i would have prefered the Roman, Indian,... one, one you can use for any type of "castle" minifig... Hope the plastic doens't look "cheap" either. .

I got a feeling you might be a little disappointed with the Aztec Warrior. I wasn't too pleased to see it in pearl gold which made me less crazy about this guy. Initially, that was my favourite minifigure in the Series 7 polls but I withdraw and choose the Galaxy Patrol minifigure instead.

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I am very pleased to present to all of you the completed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 review! :wub:

I hope you will enjoy reading it and please do let me know your thoughts after reading it. I am sure you are also feeling as excited as I am, when I first received it.

WhiteFang

Thank you for yet another wonderful CMF review, WhiteFang!

Though I was already stoked about this series and knew which figures I wanted multiples of, your review, with nicely detailed pictures, provided a number of nice surprises (classic space logo on GP figure!), as well as being able to finally see previously hidden details (boar design on Evil Knight's shield).

I look forward to you "knocking it out of the park" again as the release of series 8 approaches. :classic:

I got a feeling you might be a little disappointed with the Aztec Warrior. I wasn't too pleased to see it in pearl gold which made me less crazy about this guy. Initially, that was my favourite minifigure in the Series 7 polls but I withdraw and choose the Galaxy Patrol minifigure instead.

Yeah, pearl gold is a weird choice for a spear. But the minifigure itself and the shield are pure awesome so he is still my favourite from this series.

Though I was already stoked about this series and knew which figures I wanted multiples of, your review, with nicely detailed pictures, provided a number of nice surprises (classic space logo on GP figure!), as well as being able to finally see previously hidden details (boar design on Evil Knight's shield).

Orge, I shared the same thoughts. Previously, I thought I knew what minifigures to get when I first saw the image but after I gotten the box and started with the assembling. I realised there are so much incredible small details that will certainly 'wow' the CMF fans! I was extremely impressed and pleased with it.

Yeah, pearl gold is a weird choice for a spear. But the minifigure itself and the shield are pure awesome so he is still my favourite from this series.

It could be because the Aztec are probably stacking lots of gold in their temples. Still, there are other alternate spears which I had pointed out for a good substitute.

If you meant the bunny minifigure, then look carefully and hove around for links. :wink:

Oops! Must have missed that link. :blush: Thanks, that's pretty neat. But still, one little tail print in an entire line-up of 16 minifigs is quite underwhelming. :sceptic:

By the way, I'm pretty sure the carrot is the same as all the others before it. They have always been pretty long to my knowledge.

I have to admit, the CMF have grown on me more with every passing series. I usually don't grab more than 2-3 per series. (6 was the Statue of Liberty, Robot, and Butcher for me) but this time, I am going to have difficulty, between the Bagpiper, (a kilt is my usual garment of choice), Hippie (at least 1, I am a Beatles fan, and the face has a definite resemblance to John Lennon around Sgt. Pepper), the Aztec Warrior (I want an army to face off against my Pirates), and the Space Patrol, not to mention the Geek, and Neptune... I can even see the possibilities in other themes, especially with the medals from the swimmer, I think those would be great additions to Celebration Luke and Han.

A great thanks for this amazingly thorough review! My favourite minifigs from this series are most definitely the hippie with the torso and flowers, the bride for her dress, hair design and flowers, the scottish pipeman - for the pipe design and white underwear under the kilt, the swimmer and the tenis player, because of the new sport related accessories, grandma visitor for the basket, and the programmer for the torso desgin, printed cup and computer. So, I'm definitely getting these.

Brilliant review WhiteFang. :wub:

I am speechless, so many nice things to absorb. I am happy that some of the more wanted figs will be more abundant which is good news for everyone looking for them. They are going to be released very soon and I look forward to purchasing quite a few of these.

I hope the CM Series continues for a very long time to come. :thumbup:

Can't wait to get my hands on that Galaxy Patrol guy... :laugh:

Do note that her cape design is of different sizes as compared with the regular one. I don't recall seeing such version before.

That cape design was first used with the Jawa fig.

-Omi

My two favourites (jungle boy and galaxy patrol) with the highest distribution rate?

This is too good to be true! :wub:

Evil knight is a welcome addition in that category as well.

Thanks WhiteFang, another masterpiece like always! :blush:

I love it when you do these early reviews. Thanks so much!!

What are the markings (letters) on his belt buckle?

35stunt.jpg

Edited by r1chard