BobBongo1895

UCS Falcon replica

Hey Folks,

yesterday I did the last BL Order.

After all, the price I paid is round about 680€, which is something about 970 USD.

There is my own 1500 piece stock included and all shipping costs and so on.

I will do a detailed summary during the next days.

regards

Klaus

Well, i guess you can look at it two ways..You can BL it for almost 1000 or you can wait and hope to find a used one for around the same?

Either way, yours does look nice.Thanks for sharing

Just a small WIP Update

Falcon023.jpg

Falcon024.jpg

@ Envy

I never saw a Falcon for 1000USD. The rate to get one is over 1000€. :sceptic:

Edited by BobBongo1895

Just a small WIP Update

Falcon023.jpg

Falcon024.jpg

@ Envy

I never saw a Falcon for 1000USD. The rate to get one is over 1000€. :sceptic:

That was an average give or take...Thats if you wanted all original too. :sceptic:

Looking good Bob! I have begun tweaking my Falcon even further - simply because I miss working on it :wink:

If it turns out good I'll make another mod thread - note the 'if' :laugh:

Looking good Bob! I have begun tweaking my Falcon even further - simply because I miss working on it :wink:

If it turns out good I'll make another mod thread - note the 'if' :laugh:

I hope so, `cause I like your tweaks.

"if" is just a two letter word like "do". :wink:

Just a small preview of Part II of this project.

It´s just a test of using lighting elements and the possibilty to integrate them.

Falcon025.jpg

So, forget this picture and follow the progress of the main building.

:sweet:

It´s just a test of using lighting elements and the possibilty to integrate them.

*Snip*

That is looking seriously nice :sweet:.

This is one set where mixing the old grays and new has really paid off! It looks much more like are beloved hunk of junk with that dirty, grimey look of the mixed grays. :thumbup:

I was just getting ready to say the same thing man. It really brings realism to the ship. I was not a fan of the look at first, but it has rather grown on me over time.

*snip*

An illuminated UCS Falcon engine :wub: What could be better? (apart from an illuminated UCS Falcon engine via Technic LEDs :wink: ).

I'm going to modify mine one day but I need 3 more sets of Technic LEDs and a load of 2 x 3 trans clear.

This falcon looks great. I'm currently building a UCS falcon that I bricklinked pieces for, and all the light bluish grays really give off a clean and sterile feeling.

I'm also considering adding LED's to the engines for some extra punch. I can probably rig up some myself for cheap, but what's required for the power functions light that Lego sells? Looks like it has two leds per cable, but still needs a separate battery pack?

Just when you think that the UCS falcon can't get anymore epic, blue lights get added into the engines. This looks totally awesome I love it :wub:

I really need to start my thread on adding LEDs to the engines. I have a great solution :) For now here's what i did:

I bought a 21-LED strand at target for $10 but they were in the Halloween seasonal section. I got the ones with the plastic skulls, and removed the skulls. I had to trim some of the plastic back so the LEDs would stick out, but the LED fit PERFECTLY inside the technic holes! It plugs into an outlet, so you'll need an extension chord, or some way to switch them on and off.

I got about 20 of these to mount the LEDs, but I dont think i need them all. I had to CUT them with a hacksaw to get them to 2 x 3 size. These fit along the inside wherever i needed:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=682&colorID=86

I used about 10 or 12 of these in order to allow light to shine through the technic beam parts of the back, as well as to mount the LEDs. These will replace a lot of the existing technic beams. So lucky that these worked as mounts too. I had to really tear up the back to get these installed.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=48186&colorID=86

I used 2 of these to angle the wires in the middle (one on each side):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=55615

And of course I got a lot of clear 2x3 plates and light bley 1 x 3 to cover the gaps.

That's all for now!

Edited by b4p

Congratulations! What a real stunner. The lights look fantastic and the old grey works. I'm looking forward to a few more shots though... :drool:

WOW that is fantastic I may have to make one from scratch as well as i missed out on it before. :sadnew: How long has it taken you altogether?

@ Lance

Watch close and you will find some tiles missing and some slopes also.

@ Joker

Go back to the first post in this thread and you`ll know the timeline. :wink:

Congratulations! :thumbup:

This looks really impressive: I hope that you're pleased with the final result. I wasn't sure about the mix of 'old' and 'new' greys when you started it, but they work really well. Are you going to modify the interior, as well as adding LEDs to it?

Because I´m still waiting for the rigging parts, it was time to build a stand.

Warning! Don´t do this without stabilizers attached to the feet!

Falcon027.jpg

Falcon028.jpg

Falcon029.jpg

The angle to watch the falcon is now much better for me.

Neat stand, really optimises the angle the model is shown at :thumbup: The finished model looks outstanding too-the combination of greys really adds to the whole 'hunk-of-junk' look the Falcon has going for it :sweet:

You're very brave displaying it at that angle :look:

I assume that you don't have too many earthquakes in Germany; I don't think you're on the edge of a tectonic plate, although it was a long time ago that I studied Geography!! :laugh: In all seriousness, this looks really nice, well done!

The stand is a fantastic idea Bob :thumbup:. Oh and the lighting on the droids in the last pic is really good.

Glad I'm not the only one who agrees with an angled display. The ship is best viewed overhead, so if placed high up its almost required that you angle it to show off the top.

falcon1.jpg

falcon2.jpg

Of course, both your stand and ship are better.