WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 poll

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 7?

• Computer Programmer / Teacher
    • Bride
    • Daredevil / Stuntman Driver
    • Valkyrie / Viking Woman
    • Jungle Boy / Tarzan / Caveman's son
    • Bunny Suit Guy / Bunny Mascot
    • Swimming Champion / Olympic Swimmer
    • Tennis Ace
    • Rocker Girl
    • Aztec Warrior
    • Bagpiper / Scottish Bagpiper
    • Galaxy Patrol
    • Hippie
    • Evil Knight / Shadow Knight
    • Grandma Visitor / Little Red Riding Hood
    • Ocean King / Neptune
  2. 2. What "are" your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

• 8683 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1
    • 8684 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2
    • 8803 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3
    • 8804 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4
    • 8805 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5
    • 8827 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6
    • 8831 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7
  3. 3. Are you tired of collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

4. 4. Do you still enjoy the LEGO Collectable Minifigures novelty and charm?

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone,

*Waving hands* It's me and I am here again once more, to conduct the latest poll and survey for the upcoming latest exciting LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 wave in our Eurobricks Community. With the official LEGO 8831,Collectable Minifigures Series 7 design being "confirmed" in this discussion, and I believes this is the right time to start gathering our thoughts on our favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7. :wub:

If you wish to change your vote after you acquire the entire Series 7 after April/May/June 2012 or any point, you may choose to do so, as the current poll settings allow you to withdraw your votes by choosing other choices instead.

Note: Descriptive names above are not confirmed by LEGO. These are merely based on the existing design and if you think you have a better naming convention, then please let me know, so I can take it into consideration before the official names are released.

For the past official Eurobricks polls with regards to LEGO Collectables Minifigures Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5 and Series 6, they can be found in the following links below.

Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 4 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 5 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Poll

c_8831_detail_1_800.jpg

Tell us what you think about this upcoming new series and your thoughts on your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series 7!

WhiteFang

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

I thought the "Teacher" was a Nerd/Geek and the "Caveman's Son" was Tarzan?

Please read the first post,

Note: Descriptive names above are not confirmed by LEGO. These are merely based on the existing design and if you think you have a better naming convention, then please let me know, so I can take it into consideration before the official names are released.

Basically, if I were choose to integrate Tarzan as a generic person, I will tend to think that it is most suited in the prehistoric family along with the Caveman.

Using the term as, "Teacher" might sounds nicer than the other two, but who knows, perhaps TLG adopt any of the mentioned terms and make it official.

It took me less than 5 seconds to decide MY favourite. The Scottish Bagpiper all the way! I am a HUGE music lover and I love all the instrument pieces LEGO made. I NEED to get those bagpipes! (If the Scottish Bagpiper wasn't there, it would be the female rockstar and then the teacher.)

Edited by purpleparadox

I'm torn between the Aztec Spearman, the Space Marine, and the Shadow Knight, but, ultimately, being a sci-fi fan, my vote went to the Space Marine. I'm not that tired of collecting CMFs, and I still enjoy them, though maybe that's because I don't make that much of an effort to hunt them down and because I don't collect every one.

Please read the first post,

I was just suggesting some alternative names like you suggested.

Basically, if I were choose to integrate Tarzan as a generic person, I will tend to think that it is most suited in the prehistoric family along with the Caveman.

Using the term as, "Teacher" might sounds nicer than the other two, but who knows, perhaps TLG adopt any of the mentioned terms and make it official.

I thought that the character "Tarzan" was public domain, and that LEGO could use it, but I may be mistaken.

Teacher probably is a nicer term, but that code on his coffee mug seems very nerdy to me :)

There are quite a few that I appreciate from this Series, namely; Grandma Visitor (:roflmao:), Space Marine, Merman, Jungle Man and the Bride. In the end I picked the Space Marine for those fabulous parts and printing.

My favorite Series are; 1,2,4 and 6 so far.

I will never get tried of these! :moar:

I've chosen the bunny suit guy for now. I hope he's available before Easter so we get some Easter egg hunt MOCs.

Every series so far I've had a favorite from the first time I've seen the pics but there's also one that I'm very surprised at how much I like it after I get them. Like the Sailor from Series 4 or the Sleepy Kid from Series 6. I look forward to finding out which one is like that for me in this series.

The Female Rocker. I can't help it. :grin_wub: Though the Aztec is a close second.

I was just suggesting some alternative names like you suggested.

I know! Don't worry about it. :tongue:

According to a (now dead) link to a UK toy store posted in the Series 7 thread, we have some names that seem to be official (unless the toy store made them up which seems unlikely given how they fit with previous names for CMFs)

Aztec Warrior, Evil Knight, Galaxy Patrol, Jungle Boy, Viking Woman, Ocean King, Grandma Visitor, Rocker Girl, Tennis Ace, Computer Programmer, Bride, Swimming Champion, Daredevil, Bunny Suit Guy, Hippie and Bagpiper.

In any case as a self-confessed computer geek with a computer science degree on the wall and a love for all things computers, I gotta go with the Computer Programmer as the best of all the series to date. The bagpiper comes second for me for S7 but the second best of all the series to date has to be the S6 Surgeon.

I think there are the official names for these in the CM7 discussion thread. I remember there were a few weird ones, like Little Red Riding Hood was "Grandma Visitor" and Space Marine was "Galaxy Patrol". Aztec Warrior ftw! I think he's the best of the 112 figures so far.

According to a (now dead) link to a UK toy store posted in the Series 7 thread, we have some names that seem to be official (unless the toy store made them up which seems unlikely given how they fit with previous names for CMFs)

Aztec Warrior, Evil Knight, Galaxy Patrol, Jungle Boy, Viking Woman, Ocean King, Grandma Visitor, Rocker Girl, Tennis Ace, Computer Programmer, Bride, Swimming Champion, Daredevil, Bunny Suit Guy, Hippie and Bagpiper.

I must have missed those!! Jonwill, thank you for highlighting the names in here!! :wub:

I am going to amend it shortly.

Topic is locked for the time being for me to update the names.

Edit: Unlocked now!

Edited by WhiteFang

I chose the Conputer Nerd. There are quite a few like in here, but overall, he just brings a smile to my face. Favorite series is the first. I'm somewhat getting tired of them, which is why I pick and choose now. I still think they gave as much charm as when they started.

Edited by Legocrazy81

There are quite many in this series that looks really promising, but my favourite has to be the Aztec Warrior. :thumbup:

Runners up are the Bagpiper and the Valkyrie. The Tennis player aren't much to cheer for IMO, just the spiky hair in tan. :sceptic:

And why can you chose multiple series in the second question? Now you can't really see which is the favourite. If we have to chose one favourite amongst the figures I think we should have to chose just one series too. For me that is series 4. :classic:

And no, not tired at all at this amazing series. Best theme ever! :wub_drool:

I am very happy for Lego to come up with a bagpiper, for sentimental scotland.jpg reasons! :wink: It's not a very useful (polyvalent) minifig, but like the Statue of Liberty and many others it would never had been made were it not for the CMF series. The major strength of the CMF concept in my opinion are the exclusive accessories, and for that reason I don't mind the series to go on indefinitely.

Valkyrie, easily. I'd vote that number one just on account of that headpiece. And yes, I will buy multiples just to throw that on the heads of my existing vikings.

A close runner-up is the Evil Knight-- I know this is my army builder for the series, no doubt. Also lovin' the bagpiper, the aztec, and, sure, I'd be lying if I said the space marine isn't special.

As for the Series poll... Series 4 remains the benchmark for me. The hockey player, the viking, the musketeer, the hazmat guy, the monsters, the sailor, the artist, the rocker-- if this series was still in circulation I'd probably STILL be picking them up! I'm sure I spent more money on that series than any other.

I chose bunny suit guy as my favorite. I have the other 2 guys(Lizard man and gorilla suit) and i'm after him the most. Though i also want the merman king and tennis guy.

I like series 1 the best. There are a lot of figures in that series that i could see working in a city and i love the city theme best.

I chose yes for if i'm tired of collecting the figures since i'm REALLY getting burnt out on having to take 3-4 times a year and begin spend about 2 weeks trying to find figures for decent prices on bricklink. The only figures walmart around here got were series 5(16 boxes) and those things didn't sell many at full retail. Even though i saw them at a dollar a pack yesterday, the 5 boxes they had in clearance weren't moving. As far as the other 11 boxes, i'm pretty sure those were in the back with the rest of the stock since there was only room for 5. And i did get one graduate but that's it. i already got all the figures i wanted at full retail...

I voted no on if i still enjoy the novelty and charm. It's really wearing off. At first they were really cool but after 6 series plus another one coming out by the 2 year mark, it's not exciting or fun anymore. I did go a little wild with series 5 collecting(collected a full series plus extra but NEVER planned it that way) but i only got 4 series 6 plus one extra. As far as series 7, put my vote in for the three i listed as ones on my buy list.

I know he's not the most detailed, or the most interesting, or even the one with the most playability, but I love the nerd/teacher guy. He's just awesome! :sweet:

And I am just a little tired of collecting the minifigs, but I'm happy we have them.

This is my most favorite LCMF series so far. I like 12 out of 16 figures in this series. My second favorite is series 6, which I like 8 out of the 16.

I'm a bit tired collecting minifigs, especially the hard to find one(army building figs). I loved to build my army like many others, but Logo have them in one box too little(for example: Roman Soldier which there are only 3 in one box, if they put in 5, customers will surely be more satisfy). Hope the rest of other series Lego will put in more nice army builder in a box(at least 4 please).

I can't decide which my favorate is until I have them in person but I can say that I am not tired of these and I hope they keep coming for a long time.

I chose the Glam Rock Girl (Rocker chick). What can I say, I'm a sucker for the 80s! :tongue: But in all honesty, it was a tough choice between her, the IT geek, the Black Knight, the hippie, and the Aztec warrior. The others would be good for parts or silly MOCs (Especially the bunnyman.)

As for whether or not I'm tired of the CMF, nope, not at all. I like how this series ushers in new pieces and gives a bit of a sneak preview of certain themes, intentional or not. Take for example the ray gun, which is now pretty common thanks to the Alien Conquest sets and even made an appearance in some Spongebob and Ninjago sets (Heroic Heroes and the Rattlecopter) while other pieces like the Highlander sword is going to be used in Monster Fighters as Dracula's weapon and across the board in the Lord of the Rings sets. Even the S5 small clown's pie is in the Friends bakery set. As for predicting new themes, the highway cop from S2 resembles the current crop of cops and the monsters resemble the Monster Fighter baddies (Save for Wolfman).

Lego will keep making them and I'll keep buying them, at least the ones I need/can find a use for. It's amazing how many of these guys Lego can come up with, many following certain themes (The aliens and galaxy guys/girls fit space, the Highlander, black knight, elf, and forestman all fit the castle theme, the popstar, punk rocker, rapper, and now the glam rock chick all fit the music scene, etc)

My inner nerd is wanting that Computer Programmer (if I have to choose just one). But I'm most excited for the Aztec warrior or the Bagpiper with the Shadow Knight closely behind. I will only army build the Shadow Knight so, it's odd I'm so excited for these other figures. So far, I would say this is my favorite series since I want the majority of the figures. Series 6 had me wanting a good chunk of them too. I only started collecting them when series 4 was on its last legs, so I missed out on a lot. I am not at all tired of seeing these figures and I hope to see many more in the future. But if I started with series 1, maybe I would be more tired. Let's hope TLG can come up with some more clever ideas and keep these series coming. It has to be a cash-cow for them. Please excuse the many boxes of series 5 at all the local stores that didn't sell well. I'm sure it is selling well elsewhere :classic:

It was hard to decide between Neptune, Little Red Riding Hood, the Space Marine, and the computer nerd, but the Space Marine won out. :grin: If LEGO keeps making good ones like him, I'll be broke before you can say "Collectable Minifigure." :laugh: