Sign in to follow this  
ShaydDeGrai

[MOC] LOTR Architecture: Helm's Deep

I was sitting in my office staring at my Lego Architecture White House and thought to myself why not try the same stylized abstraction on some of the icon Middle Earth locations.

Here's my take on the Hornberg at Helm's Deep.

post-26992-133091765027.jpg

The model is about 500 pieces and stands about 6 inches / 15 cm tall. It was a simple build, but I think it got the basic forms across.

I'd prefer one done to mini-figure scale, but this one at least fits on my desk.

There's a slightly closer shot of the citadel here

Edited by ShaydDeGrai

This is brilliant,perfect for building the grand locations of middle earth without having to buy expensive minifig scale sets

That's pretty cool. Looks really accurate. This is what I want from the Architecture series(although, not necessarily LotR), castles.

This is brilliant,perfect for building the grand locations of middle earth without having to buy expensive minifig scale sets

Thanks. I did some quick calculations on an accurate mini-figure scale Hornburg. As it turns out the cost of the Lego bricks needed to build it was only slightly out-weighted by the cost of the addition I'd have to put on my house to house it.

That's pretty cool. Looks really accurate. This is what I want from the Architecture series(although, not necessarily LotR), castles.

Thanks. I think the mountainside could be a little nicer but I'm rather happy with how the building itself turned out.

BTW, this model is also proposed for Cuusoo if you'd like to support it. There is also slightly closer view of the citadel after the link.

Thanks. I did some quick calculations on an accurate mini-figure scale Hornburg. As it turns out the cost of the Lego bricks needed to build it was only slightly out-weighted by the cost of the addition I'd have to put on my house to house it.

What, you don't have room for this in your house?

Blue%20Crane%20(2).jpg

Great MOC, by the way. I wish the Architecture theme would make things like this. I think the stream running through the culvert probably should have been only one stud wide, but it's debatable.

I think the stream running through the culvert probably should have been only one stud wide, but it's debatable.

Oh I agree. My original design used a 1x3 arch over the culvert but when I went to build it, I realized that I was fresh out of that given piece (at least in light gray). I rebuilt the thing in white and dark bley (where I did have the right part) but I didn't like the overall effect (too bright/too drab) . In the end, I went with the 1x4 arch because, aside from color, I could also tuck a 1x2 grill into the culvert to suggest bars under the arch.

Great job, I always like micro-scale-builds!

One thing though, isn't that river to wide?