Sign in to follow this  
skylinedan

Hello from Toledo , Ohio U.S.A.

Hey everyone, I should have known there was a LEGO forum site on the web, LOL. I,ve had them since I was about 10, built things till I was 15, then they got put away for the better part of 25 years. Two years ago I started buying some of the new Technic sets, and now my collection consist of 25 to 30,000 pieces. I look forward to learning some of the new things. most of my experience is with stud block construction so its been a learning process with the lift arm system now being used. I really like the detail of the new sets, its a lot more accurate then stud construction. Its amazine how much things have changed, the new elements being used.

Dan

Greetings! Glad to see another 30something returning to Lego. I'm in the same boat. Eurobricks is a great resource with exceptional set reviews and a great global community. The site itself can be a little hard to navigate for new users because of the restrictions put in place for folks with low post counts like you and I. You won't be able to see any profiles (including your own) until you hit 10 posts, which makes it difficult if you find a user or reviewer you like to follow them from post to post or review to review. You also won't be able to post new threads in the buy, sell, trade forum. I'm sure there are other restrictions, but I assume they mostly exist to cut down on spam. I'd check out this thread if you haven't already for rules: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18718 Also, This thread has some great info on other sites that are out there: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66856 Also, I'm sure you've already discovered the technic subforum but here it is just in case: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=115 It's not really my thing, but it seems very active in there.

Edited by cerebus76

Thanks guys, I,m definately a techinc person. I have a diesel forum I,m a memeber of as well as some others so getting around the sie is,nt too big a deal. I read the rules, 10 post is nothing, that can happen in less than an hour, LOL. Any ways, I think this site will help me out a lot with the new sets n such. Being i,m old scholl this is gonna be a learn experience.

Dan

Edited by skylinedan

Welcome to Eurobricks! Technic isn't my area of expertise, but I think the guys and gals over in the Technic forum will be glad to chat with ya. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks, yeah, I,ve ben reading a lot, and adding to the threads here n there. Theres some really good people on here that can build some amazine stuff.

I see Blakbird is active on here, read some of his stuff on the LEGO site. All in all theres a lot of really good info here.

Dan