Sign in to follow this  
Ruslik

Battle of the Weathertop

Good day! I present my work on The Lord of the Rings "Battle of the Weathertop (or Amon Sul)"

A bit of information!

Amon Sul ( Weathertop) - a hill in the Eriador, rising about a thousand feet (300 m) above the plain, the southernmost and highest peak of Windy Hills (born Weather Hills), on which stood a tall tower, Elendil built in the early days after the founding of the Kingdom of Arnor. It was located about halfway between Shire and Rivendell on the flat top of the hill.

Over time, a ring of stones, the former base of the tower of Amon Sul, collapsed and overgrown with grass. When Gandalf came to the ruins of Amon Sul 3 October 3019, the TE, he was besieged there by nine nazguls. Then on top of a hill battle broke out which resulted in Gandalf managed to escape, in addition, he has left in the center of the ruins of a pyramid of broken and burnt stones. The top stone in her rune mage marked "D" and three features, to show that he was in third place this October. Aragorn discovered and deciphered the sign when he arrived with the Hobbits on Amon Sul on October 6. Later that same night, in a hollow on the western slope of Amon Sul, Frodo Baggins was attacked by five nazguls and dangerously wounded by the Witch-king, after which Aragorn led the Hobbits to quickly Amon Sul further towards Rivendell.

x_9340dd41.jpg

x_7358cf32.jpg

x_0d655e12.jpg

x_41859274.jpg

x_47428900.jpg

x_04b34684.jpg

x_f6649d5b.jpg

x_b07daf5b.jpg

x_b03a9589.jpg

x_32fd7713.jpg

x_e1b05f70.jpg

x_8df41cca.jpg

x_4ed10468.jpg

Edited by Ruslik

This is a great representation of a great scene and place! The only this I would fix is to give all of the Nazgul the same torso.

It was located about halfway between Shir and Rivendell on the flat top of the hill.

The Shire?

he was besieged there by nine orcs.
Frodo Baggins was attacked by five orcs and dangerously wounded by the Witch-king

ORCS? Those are Ringwraiths!

:hmpf_bad:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, nice MOC though :tongue: It looks a little small, but that's LEGO I guess.

Edited by Erynion

This is a very nice build, I love the choice of torso's for the figs, brillinat work (lol buring face)

This is a great representation of a great scene and place! The only this I would fix is to give all of the Nazgul the same torso.

The Shire?

:hmpf_bad:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, nice MOC though :tongue: It looks a little small, but that's LEGO I guess.

This is a very nice build, I love the choice of torso's for the figs, brillinat work (lol buring face)

Thanks very much ! :classic: Any comments ? :laugh:

Nice scene with a lot of action. The photo with the fire is just like in the movie :thumbup:

Nice scene with a lot of action. The photo with the fire is just like in the movie :thumbup:

Thanks ! :classic:

Nice MOC! Looks like a self-made variant of the new Weathertop set, but it's still interesting.

Some people use Google Translator here. (No, I don't! :laugh:)

And Google translates Russian equivalent for Nazguls (Назгулы) into English like ORCS! *huh*

http://translate.google.ru/#ru|en|%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B3%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8B%0A

That's why I hate machine translation)

dude they stole your Weathertop!! haha

or did you make this after seeing pre-lim pics or something? just curious was looking around and saw that it was almost the same so cool

Edited by aestabaya

or did you make this after seeing pre-lim pics or something? just curious was looking around and saw that it was almost the same so cool

Yeah when I saw it, I thought it was just a modded version of the actual set. I did wonder why he had replaced the figures... and then I saw the date.

Great set. Elendil also placed a Palantir in the tower. This particular Palantir did not fall into the hands of Sauron. Weathertop was the tallest in a chain of hills called...wait for it.... The Weather Hills. Weathertop was what Men called it as the Elves called it Amon Sul.