caperberry

Do you dream of LEGO?

I've dreamed of LEGO before, mostly in my childhood on Christmas Eve :sweet:

I occasionally have random dreams where if something related to LEGO happens in the day, it might just pop into my dream. I've also occasionally gotten building ideas and techniques, which is kinda cool :classic:

When Fabuland month started, I dreamed that I found a bunch of Fabuland figs and parts in my grandparents' attic. Too bad it wasn't real because I could have used those to make some contest entries. :tongue:

It was a few years ago I had a really scary dream of LEGO. I dreamt that I lost them on the road and there were cars driving into me. It was a nightmare. :sceptic:

Edited by Staley

Sure thing. I still remember this dream i had a few year back, i walked into Toys r us like store, it was huge i mean, and there were tons of sets, i just browsed with opened mouth. I actually designed sets in my dream, because the shelves had like specific sets that dont really exist but they appeared real like every other existing set.

Back when BIONICLE was still going, I had dreams that ended up predicting the storyline several months before the story was revealed. This was before I had discovered the internet, mind you, so nothing ever came of my accurate predictions, but it was still pretty cool. :classic:

I had a few dreams about LEGO that I can remember here. One of them was about me going to a store that sold LEGO products, and I saw lots and lots of Castle and Pirate sets from the 1980s and 1990s that filled up an entire aisle. A related dream had me have all of the 1980s and 1990s Castle and Pirates sets in my house, many with multiple copies! Another, much more recent dream is when I dreamt that Cragger (and the other Crocodiles), the Ravens and the Wolves -- I am not to sure about the latter two tribes -- were chasing me; and I believe that it was the Lions who helped me get away, but I am not to sure about that. Another related dream had Cragger, the Crocodile prince from the Legends of Chima LEGO theme, become best friends with me and gave up his evil ways by turning against his sister (I think I stopped Crooler from hipnotising Cragger and told Cragger that he was hipnotised by an orchid which caused him to think evil thoughts and act out on them, but I am not sure about this, as my memory of the dream is less vivid now), Crooler, who hipnotised him in the first place

Last night I had a dream I bought the DeLorean and built it. It didn't have minifigs though (^ seriously what's up with this) and the roof was black. LEGO you better release that soon, I'm going crazy!

I often have dreams about LEGO. Mostly it's finding rare and or brand new sets at good prices in a store, sometimes it's about building. Even my girlfriend has begun dreaming about LEGO due to me exposing her so much to it, a few nights ago she told me she dreamt about feeling up some good collectible minifigures for me. :laugh:

Nearly always it is about tidying away parts found loosely on the floor- for packing and moving them (car etc) to another location to avoid apocalyptic destruction.

The art is understanding the metaphor in the dream and remembering feelings. In this case there is often a sense of urgency - coupled with the need to tidy and get under control all the parts I already have. Indeed reducing he number of bricks to concentrate on other designs.

I suspect I'm heading into my third dark age - but unlike last time need to keep reminders of the past and not sell off everything (the biggest mistake last time)

I've had dreams about LEGO. They usually are around Xmas or my birthday, and I'm getting a set that doesn't exist. It's usually a set that I have imagined, one of my wish-list sets, and when I wake up, I feel unhappy knowing the set isn't real.

I've had dreams about LEGO. They usually are around Xmas or my birthday, and I'm getting a set that doesn't exist. It's usually a set that I have imagined, one of my wish-list sets, and when I wake up, I feel unhappy knowing the set isn't real.

I know that feeling, I've "lost" several neat new Forestmen sets that way. :cry_sad:

How weird to see this thread revived just after a LEGO dream last night! It wasn't nice. I was at some special seminar in Billund but was late and the group had departed to see something fantastic.

I decided to make use of my time and wandered round the offices' corridors. I found this mini staff shop that had a polybag - of a packet of cigarettes! I thought wow, they'd never get away with selling this in the UK. (like they would in Denmark?!!)

I bought all they had and then felt guilty as none were left for others at the seminar.

I've had several LEGO dreams in the past week, but that's probably because I've been in a LEGO-induced mania since I came out of my dark ages a couple of months ago. I've immersed myself in all things LEGO since then, and it's no surprise it's influenced my dreams. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specifics of any of the dreams.

Ragnar

. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specifics of any of the dreams.

Ragnar

I find if I write down anything I do recall, however small about any aspect of dreams, I start remembering more of my dreams. Takes a few days to start working.

Then I have nightmares I'd rather forget, and the cycle breaks down :D

Edited by caperberry

Spooky, this one. I had a dream that I used the new yellow 1x1 round plate with hole as windows in a micro Bag End MOC. Just days before the micro Bag End appeared at SDCC! But they went with Technic bricks which are probably better scale :classic:. Now the instructions have been posted out there I'll have to give it a try though!

I had a dream I went into my attic and found a bunch of vintage Lego sets :classic:

Then I woke up! :wall: