caperberry

Do you dream of LEGO?

I had a brilliant dream last night about LEGO but can't remember it! Grrr. I seem to be dreaming of LEGO often recently.

Have you ever had dreams (or nightmares!) involving LEGO?

In one I do remember I was visiting some town, and the locals had just thrown LEGO pieces away in the street. default_cry4.gif I couldn't believe my luck and was scrabbling through the gutter looking for pieces that weren't too dirty or damaged. I found a load of trans red 1x1 plates and decided to salvage them.

I have many Lego dreams, and I hate them.

Why you ask? Because I can't take Lego from my dreams into real world, and that makes me sad...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Whilst it's not a dream of Lego, Per se, I have had several dreams where I've been on Eurobricks. Everything is blurry, and out of focus, until I can clearly read a topic title, although sometimes it's a post, indicating that there was something amazing on the previous page. I click to open the thread/go back one page and - boom! I wake up, go on Eurobricks, to find it was just a fabrication of my Sub-conscious mind.

I have had amazing dreams of lego. Normally just playing with some of my favorite minifigs. Though I had a nightmare once of my girlfriend tossing all of my lego out with the trash *oh2*

Lots. A few months ago I had a nightmare that my shelf with my dozen or so MOCs (As well as boxes containing thousands of minifig parts, technic pins, tiles, etc) and the tower bridge set fell over, spilling roughly 20,000 pieces on the floor. I have a lot more fun dreams also though, last night I dreamt I won a raffle and got my pick of 100,000 USD worth of sets and parts, which I got to hand-pick at a factory. Then I woke up and got sad...

Once or twice, the first time I had this dream involving a power miner set, it ran on a single tread, and had a extending gripper arm and a water drill. The next morning I got on Eurobricks, a picture that matched the upper body of my dream appeared, with legs. It was known as the magma mech. The next time was a dream, yellow and red vehicles and Dino's. oddly, the next day the rumors of Dino appeared. I don't know why, but the last dream recently, was a space one, Miners with a yellow and purple color scheme fighting cyborg alien blacktron things. I only saw one set, the small one, the miner had a small speeder, reminiscent of the classic space ones. and the miner, he was yellow with purple arms.

Am I predicting things?

Once or twice, the first time I had this dream involving a power miner set, it ran on a single tread, and had a extending gripper arm and a water drill. The next morning I got on Eurobricks, a picture that matched the upper body of my dream appeared, with legs. It was known as the magma mech. The next time was a dream, yellow and red vehicles and Dino's. oddly, the next day the rumors of Dino appeared. I don't know why, but the last dream recently, was a space one, Miners with a yellow and purple color scheme fighting cyborg alien blacktron things. I only saw one set, the small one, the miner had a small speeder, reminiscent of the classic space ones. and the miner, he was yellow with purple arms.

Am I predicting things?

Yes, you are. That is weird, but in a really good way!

You might want to have your Midi-Chlorian count checked. :laugh:

Edited by LEGOman273

Let's see...

Once, I dreamed that I found a prototype LEGOLAND on an island in the Pacific. Other than that one big roller coaster that all LEGOLANDs lack, it sold Stormtroopers by the pound at its PaB wall. Woke up just as I went down the big drop on that roller coaster. :laugh:

Another time, I dreamed that TLG re-released every Classic Castle set. Woke up while I was trying to read the price tag. (because reading small print pretty much never works in dreams)

There was also one dream where I found a bunch of old sets (mostly now-rare OT Star Wars sets from before the fleshie era and Forestman sets) on sale at some hole-in-the-wall store. I started opening the boxes as I started to wake up, and they were all filled with MegaBloks and other clone brand sets. :angry: Yes, I have a lot of dreams about buying older sets or huge loads of minifigs. :laugh:

I have had a couple dreams where I was on EB or some other LEGO site, but I don't really remember the specifics.

I used to dream about Lego quite a lot. I don't really anymore. Which is a shame, kind of, because I remember them as being good dreams :classic: , dreams you want to highlight and dream over and over, but then the waking up was always very disappointing :sad: , so I suppose it may be a good thing that I hardly dream at all anymore. :sceptic:

I've had numerous dreams about LEGO before but they are all fuzzy except for this one. One night, I dreamt that I had an entered a contest for unlimited shopping spree at the LEGO store. I won and therefor started my "spree" the first place I went to is the large $200+ sets and grabbed every single one off the shelf, then I grabbed all the other sets on my 'want' list. When my shopping spree was finished the LEGO employees packed everything up in a big truck and sent it to my home. When the delivery trucked dropped off all my sets that I just won, I instantly opened up the Death Star, just when I was about to open the first LEGO baggy, I woke up. :oh3::sing: So yea, never got to finish my dream. By the way, has anyone ever tried to "re-dream" a specific dream? And has it worked? :laugh:

Edited by Legobrandon

Yes I do, sometimes with the sets I want and other with minifigures armies, when I wake up they are not there. :cry_sad::laugh:

And here I thought this topic will quickly go down the drain, but then I remembered that I also did dream of LEGO before. Actually several times sporadically occurring when I was growing up. Curiously, it was similar to most of the members who posted their experiences:

I have many Lego dreams, and I hate them.

Why you ask? Because I can't take Lego from my dreams into real world, and that makes me sad...

Then I woke up and got sad...

dreams you want to highlight and dream over and over, but then the waking up was always very disappointing :sad:

Yes I do, sometimes with the sets I want and other with minifigures armies, when I wake up they are not there. :cry_sad:

Back when I was a kid, I really didn't have much LEGO since the sets were unaffordable by my parents and I had to settle for at most a couple of small sets a year (as b-day and x-mas gifts). Those where the times when I was dreaming of being on a LEGO store and just getting all the sets I want, but when it was time to go home *poof!* It was all but a dream. So sad and cruel for a young kid to get his hopes high, really. :cry_sad:

You can now stop playing the world's smallest violin. :sadnew:

I wonder if reading this topic influenced my dreams, because yesterday I read it and last night I dreamt of LEGO!

I had a dream of a re-release of an Arkham Asylum set. The buildings were more menacing and the minifigs were definitely darker and scarier. I remember looking at a display of the set and the lady displaying it gave me a Riddler fig, free of charge! Unfortunately, I woke up, and no Riddler fig. Oh well, I DO have a Catwoman set to go build!

Am I predicting things?

Probably not. In most cases like this, it's either entirely coincidental, or the person has a dream, only remembers part of it, and then something happens that is vaguely like the dream, and their brain fills in the blanks without them realizing it. So the dream itself was likely different in several ways than you remember it.

Of course you could theoretically be predicting things (very unlikely though), I recommend keeping a dream journal and recording dreams within a few minutes of waking up, so you can tell if you actually are predicting things or just your brain messing with your memory...

Probably not. In most cases like this, it's either entirely coincidental, or the person has a dream, only remembers part of it, and then something happens that is vaguely like the dream, and their brain fills in the blanks without them realizing it. So the dream itself was likely different in several ways than you remember it.

Of course you could theoretically be predicting things (very unlikely though), I recommend keeping a dream journal and recording dreams within a few minutes of waking up, so you can tell if you actually are predicting things or just your brain messing with your memory...

Good idea.

Not myself but I have been accused of causing them. When I was younger (Around 20.) I was visiting a friend and his partner, they had a young daughter and we played with her LEGO. I built a tank (They had some of those old rubber tracks that went with the red wheels.) and we played that it was squashing some figures she had and doing tank stuff. A couple of days afterwards my friend told me that the girl had woken up in the night screaming claiming that a large LEGO tank was after her and going to crush her. I guess that is why TLG don't make military sets?

This morning I had a dream that my step-father was eating my technic 1x2 liftarms instead of cereal.

Crunchy Munchy Plastic Liftarms. For 100% of your daily ABS needs.

I wonder if reading this topic influenced my dreams, because yesterday I read it and last night I dreamt of LEGO!

That's wonderful! I hope you have more... although most people here seem to find dreaming of LEGO makes them grumpy. I find the more I write my dreams down, the more I dream.

Edited by caperberry

Well, I recounted it twice in the morning after I woke up, and I have had dreams of sets that have NOT appeared. Like a $500 explorer set, it was a big Aztec pyramid and had about 50 minifigs, (Mostly warriors.) a new elephant mold, and Johny thunder. the same time with the magma mech, there was a lot of stuff I would've loved, like a big two inch rubber crystal, and an APC style vehicle driven by monsters.

Edited by krystalKING

For those who aren't dreaming about Lego and want to: Lucid dreaming

On an unrelated note, I was once dreaming, and fell asleep and tried to dream, and I woke up. So apparently Inception isn't possible. :cry_sad:

Dakar

And here I thought this topic will quickly go down the drain, but then I remembered that I also did dream of LEGO before. Actually several times sporadically occurring when I was growing up. Curiously, it was similar to most of the members who posted their experiences:

Back when I was a kid, I really didn't have much LEGO since the sets were unaffordable by my parents and I had to settle for at most a couple of small sets a year (as b-day and x-mas gifts). Those where the times when I was dreaming of being on a LEGO store and just getting all the sets I want, but when it was time to go home *poof!* It was all but a dream. So sad and cruel for a young kid to get his hopes high, really. :cry_sad:

You can now stop playing the world's smallest violin. :sadnew:

I got one impulse set for my birthday and one for Christmas and that was it. Every time I would dream of something grand and glorious like "King Kahuka's Throne" or something "huge" like "Armada Flagship," but never got anything like that. However, when I got over ten I was able to throw whatever money I earned in as well to get something slightly bigger. One Christmas I found the "Chief's Tepee" for dirt cheap and, with all my savings up until then, was able to buy two of them. I never owned set with a bigger than 16 x 32 baseplate. Seems like we were in a similar boat, if you will. :classic:

Edited by palathadric

Yep I've had dreams about finding Lego or loose change for years and then waking up and realizing that I have none of it is always annoying. :cry_sad::sceptic:

I have dreams about owning LEGO I don't, for example I had one dream where I was building the Grand Emporium, then I started filling it with about 100 forestmen, sadly I woke to the realy world where my collection is minus one Emporium and my forestmen army numbers only in the 20s.

still a man can dream, sigh, a man can dream

I had a dream last night that I opened an eBay lot I bought. It was a large castle with white bricks for the walls. But everything was spray painted with this half-clear glittery paint, which I couldn't tell from the eBay photo! I was a bit stressed about it. Then, ironically I woke up and before work opened this ebay lot I bought of a bunch of minifigs, and they were all in pretty bad shape with all kinds of dirt and scrapes on them. That's probably why I had that dream, because I had a feeling that would happen.

I also had a Lego dream a while back where I made a sweet MOC with a guard tower near a tree with a bridge going between the two. (I actually want to make this MOC based on my dream by the way!) I also dreamt that the tree had the little apple pieces on it, but instead of a known color, they were like a translucent golden color - golden glowing apples.