DLuders

2LegoOrNot2Lego's Bell B30D Articulated Dump Truck (ADT)

6945853435_606e0990f4_b.jpg1583610_1.jpg

On his Flickr photoset, 2LegoOrNot2Lego posted 6 pictures of his completed "LEGO model of the Bell B30D Articulated Dump Truck with tracks. This is another model in the scale 1:17,5 to fit my other models. It features: 3 sets of PF light units, XL powered drive, M motor powered articulated steering, M motor powered dumping and M motor powered air pump to operate the tracks. Of course it all operated remotely with a PF remote control except for the pneumatic switches which are operated manually."

13306740908_DISPLAY.jpg

This

shows its features well. He had previously posted this
of it running in the Dutch snow, and
of it on a Lego trailer. He is bringing his MOCs to "Ede" in The Netherlands -- is anybody on this Forum going to attend?

The Lego pneumatics can tilt the tracks, and they can also be turned off for the tracks to align themselves automatically. "...They can be turned off; all switches are operated manually. The main switch is basically 'ON' or 'OFF', so it the system is closed and the air pump fills the system with compressed air. Or the system is off, then it is just open and air flows in and out freely. With this the tracks can adapt to the surface."

Ingmar Spijkhoven describes his MOC in detail on MOCpages. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: His Brickshelf gallery also contains pictures (when made public).

"Length: 54,4 cm / 21.8” (69 studs)

Width: 22,2 cm / 8.7” (28 studs)

Height: 21,8 cm / 8.9”

Weight 2,40 kg / 5.30 lbs"

6799744934_a9ed721b08_b.jpg6799744742_e5541da1fa_b.jpg13306742263_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by DLuders

It is such a great model. i think one of his bests. hopefully he will post on the forum some more details.

tim

Wow. That's a pretty awesome dumper! I see a lot of people using a high percentage of traditional bricks for their MOCs. I personally prefer less dependency upon 'regular' bricks, and prefer to let the careful placement of smooth panels here and there hint at the surface of the model. I'm more of a Technic purist I guess, but still you can't argue with the results of models such as this one. It looks great!

Nice build as usual from 2LegoOrNot2Lego, and a nice deviation from his brilliant on highway trucks.

What purpose do the tilting tracks serve on the real life example though?

Nice build as usual from 2LegoOrNot2Lego, and a nice deviation from his brilliant on highway trucks.

What purpose do the tilting tracks serve on the real life example though?

Traveling over bumps/uneven ground.

It can also do what this 1960s hippie did while taking a dump :laugh:

61jAtaWOBGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg6945853279_7e49a7342b.jpg

Yet another phenominal creation by this Dutch Master-builder. :thumbup: I love the combination of technical functionality and very good looks. In my experience this is allways hard to accomplish, but he manages to get it right every time.

I especially like the bonnet and the skip

I also looked on his Flickr site to see his other trucks and they are all awesome!

This is actually a very skilled designer :thumbup:

I especially like the bonnet and the skip

I also looked on his Flickr site to see his other trucks and they are all awesome!

This is actually a very skilled designer :thumbup:

You don't say...............:laugh: :laugh:

@ DLuders, Thanks for this topic on this model. It was great fun building.

Thanks to all for the very kind words!!! :blush:

Why did he use the treads instead of wheels?

Why not? :classic:

There are a lot of MOC's with wheels so I tried to be original. On the other hand, the inspiration to build this model was a tracked version of this specific ADT...that is why...

This MOC is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen...

It's a really nice combination of "technic" modeling and standard "brick" building, with a really carefull work on shaping curves and surfaces of the vehicle, while reproducing all of the main functions...

I really admire your work!

I just come out from my "dark ages" and I'm discovering Lego for the 3rd time (1st time, in early '70s, with strandard bricks, then in late '70s-'80s with studded Technic, now with the new studless and PF building...) and I'm wondering if I'll ever be capable of building such a wonder...!

Edited by Rikus

This is an awesome build. Is there any chance of instructions ever?

Hi. Welcome to EB.

You just bumped a 4 year old topic, just so ask for instructions. Please don't do that again. Bumping old topics is only allowed when you actually add something to the conversation.

Please read the site guidelines!