Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Lego City Car Park

When the first photos of the new Lego City Car park came out, they gave me inspiration to build a bigger, better and more detailed car park, and it is up to you to say if I succeded. My version has 24 parking spaces, a car wash, gas pumps, a booth to pay for the gas (something Lego's Car Park is lacking) and a motorized car lift. Enjoy!

6802674894_89d2361d06.jpg

Here you can see the size, a bit of the car lift and that my photo studio is way too small.

6802677382_30bbec176f.jpg

The entrance has a ramp to get the the car lift and some lights to indicate if its safe or not to drive onto it. I wasn't planning on having the lights but since I had some space on the Power Functions battery box I thought why not?

6802677832_da87dde6e2.jpg

If you decide you want to park you car on the ground floor you have easier access to the two ticket machines and the exit. There are also CCTV cameras on every floor which are monitered by Lego City Central Security (link is a teaser for an upcoming MOC)

6948788149_07017a9ef7.jpg

Here are gas pumps, with the booth to pay for the gas behind them, and the exit at the right(also something the official car park lacks).

6802676918_001571b01a.jpg

In this view you can see the roof of the mini gas station and the car wash I managed to squeeze in on the first floor to the right.

EDIT: Click here to see the video!

And finally a short video demonstrating the motorized car lift, an improvement of "hand of God" operated one in the Lego set!

I hope you liked my Lego City car park and you can view all of the photos plus a couple more in my flickr set here! and comments or suggestions for improvement are more than welcome!

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

Great car park and I love the car you used to showcase it. That was one of my favorite sets for the vehicles. I wish I still had that car intact.

Awesome car park! The motorised lift is excellent. :thumbup:

Thanks, I just couldn't work out a smooth mechanism for the lift but I think it turned out alright in end.

Awesome! You never seem to disappoint me with your mocs. :classic:

Thank you Blue Brick!

Great car park and I love the car you used to showcase it. That was one of my favorite sets for the vehicles. I wish I still had that car intact.

Thanks! I agree that that set had two of the nicest four-wide cars Lego made, they have so many useful pieces even my tan car is not intact - it has four holes where 1x1 plates should go.

Excellent MOC! I love the calming and clean looking colours you used, IMO this is much better than the official LEGO set. Great work!

AWESOME engineering job there ' TheKingOfBuilding ' ! :grin:

Though the car wash is my only issue, drive in and dead end ? Only if the rollers moved to and fro and there was a roof of some kind too. :wink:

The petrol bowsers are nice, overall it's a great solid build with the lift being the centre piece.....Brick On ' TheKingOfBuilding ' ! :grin:

Though the car wash is my only issue. Only if the rollers moved to and fro and there was a roof of some kind too. :wink:

Who needs roofs on a car wash? It doesn't matter if it rains - I thought the hole point of a car wash was to get your car wet! :laugh:

Who needs roofs on a car wash? It doesn't matter if it rains - I thought the hole point of a car wash was to get your car wet! :laugh:

Ah, but seagulls, etc.,.....birdies doing you-know-what from a high....you'll be washing you car non-stop for all the bird do on the roof of the car. :laugh:

Very nice parking garage! The power functions lift is very cool and I like the larger size of yours. The new official version seems small to me. I like the lights above the entrance and the use of the baseplates for the upper level floors was a good way to save a lot of plates and tiles. If the upper levels are filled with cars do the baseplates handle the weight well or do they flex some?

That looks great and I like the inclusion of the motorized lift. Does it have space for your six-wide cars?

Edited by gotoAndLego

Great build. I like the inclusion of NXT. The green/red lights are a nice touch. As is the lift. Like LT, I'm a little irked by the car wash...pull in and back out when done, I suppose?

Very nice - I love these sorts of MOCs that fill gaps in the cities that aren't really fully met by Lego. Loving the lift and entry/exit ways and petrol pumps too!

The only risk of car parks is that they do by their very nature look a little bit samey, I think that you could add some other details like the 'do not reverse' teeth that you get in the one way bits (could use the standard teeth pieces for thse), maybe even adding ramps to drive between floors (to keep it authentic, keep them as narrow as possible, with good paint scratches on the sides) and also a stairway for the people to access their cars and for junkies to shoot up in. Would also love to see more cars occupying the spaces, it'll give it a lot more character!

That's what I call a car park, lots of space for all the cars that the city theme mostly consists of. Great work!

Did you think of hiding the big PF motor by adding some walls around it? Maybe some advertisement walls or something, that would make it look better and add some more detail at the same time. Also Mr Benn's idea of a staircase is very good, I think every car park has one.

Very nice! The lift is really great, I like the combination of Technic and System stuff if it is done in a convincing way like you did it. Nice use of the baseplates, a great idea, too.

Keep it up! :thumbup: