Sign in to follow this  
Vindicare

Arm printing

I was thinking the other day, why no short sleeve shirts, aka arm prints? I really don't know how the printing process works, other than what was on "Ultimate Factories". Why can't they just take a fleshie arm and put a color print on it to match the torso?

I was thinking the other day, why no short sleeve shirts, aka arm prints? I really don't know how the printing process works, other than what was on "Ultimate Factories". Why can't they just take a fleshie arm and put a color print on it to match the torso?

The can, but (I guess) it is expensive to make. That is why it is only found (now) in the CMFs; that are made in China.

Something to note is that as of yet TLG can't print the entire surface of a minifigure arm. An example can be seen here on the Lumberjack. The plaid printing on his arms doesn't extend all the way across the shoulder. This would look awkward for a short-sleeved shirt print, like instead of a sleeve a person had part of a sleeve taped to the side of their arm.

Something to note is that as of yet TLG can't print the entire surface of a minifigure arm. An example can be seen here on the Lumberjack. The plaid printing on his arms doesn't extend all the way across the shoulder. This would look awkward for a short-sleeved shirt print, like instead of a sleeve a person had part of a sleeve taped to the side of their arm.

Ah, good point. I suppose you gave me the answer I was looking for, they simply can't do it(for now).