Sign in to follow this  
Combee

MOC: The Bear Awakens

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking and reading these forums for the past year since I came out of my dark ages but I haven't built anything until now. I present you with my first MOC: The Bear Awakens.

(Side note: I wasn't sure if this should go in the Town forum or this one and after looking I didn't find anything similar there so I hope I'm posting this in the right place)

When I saw the bear mold I knew I had to get my hands on one and build a little vignette for it so here it is:

6801169536_aa68603f10_z.jpg

Mmmm some yummy honey!

6801185082_e03a0432fd_z.jpg

Here's the link to the Flickr gallery. Your comments are welcome! :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Hello!

What a lovely scene! :sweet: The waterfall rounds it up pretty nicely. What I also like is the integration of the rock panels into your cave construction. Well done! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Well, you certainly took good notes while lurking. This is great! The bee is a little big, but there's no way around that. I love the shot where he's trying to get to the hive. Really good job making the rock face and tree. For your first MOC, it's a great start.

I think you have done a really great job on your first MOC. :thumbup:

The cave is nicely built and so is the stream and waterfall. All the extra details like the mushroom and bee hive make this a very nice creation.

Great idea with the bee hive. This is very nice scene...lots of good stuff in it - the fallen log ramp, caven sculpting and waterfall without the use of trans pieces. Well done.

wow i really love the base and the waterfall :wub: i admit that the bee is a little too big but that's a small issue.

it would be better if there were some bones or something around the cave, i dont know :tongue:

good job !!!!! i cant wait to see more!!!

Edited by verdothemystic

Thanks for all the great replies, I really appreciate them! I agree the bee is a little too big but I figured it looked cute enough to get away with it :tongue:

This is brilliant, regardless of its first-vignette-posted-here-ness!

The base is a really nice touch for displaying, but overally I really like the composition of it not just being a straighforward cave. Hopefully there's only one of those giant bees though!!

This has everything I love about a good MOC. My only suggestion would be to work in a little light blue around the white in the waterfall.

That's a lovely scene, specially for a first MOC. What I like about it the most, is that how you captured nature really nicely with some simple bricks. The rocks look great, and so does the waterfall. I never liked the bear mold, as I find it unuseful (for me at least), but this MOC wouldn't be the same without the bear. Well done! :thumbup: