vmln8r

MOC: Scrabble set

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6799773276_6dd88dfc53_z.jpg

CUUSOO link: lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11292

Any ideas for improvements? Please let me know. As it, this Includes 225 jumper plates, 100 printed letter tiles and two 32x16 stud baseboards.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That's killer! I love Scrabble, I would totally buy this. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Nice idea although why 16x32 baseplates instead of just a single 32x32?

So it would fit in a smaller box (not that it matters, since Lego's only interested in the idea of Cuusoo projects, not the specifics).

A nice MOC (and I think that people would LOVE 2x2 printed letter tiles, albeit without the scores on)... but I think that the Scrabble copyright owners would have a few things to say about it which would prevent Lego from ever progressing it - remember the whole debacle with a Scrabble-esque game on Facebook a few years ago...

But isn't Scrabble good enough already - they've spent a long time perfecting the design to where it is so pretty as this might be it's not going to beat the real thing.

Interesting idea to introduce other Lego boardgames to Cuusoo though!

awesome idea! you have my vote!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

I've added my vote. The one advantage this has over regular scrabble is that the tiles won't slide around everywhere. Does it need a separate little display to explain what the coloured 2x2 jumper bricks mean, eg double word score et cetera?

I think a lot of people would buy this just for the jumper plates! But nice idea, though as someone said it would need explaination of the triple word scores etc.

Open up another interesting idea for tie-ins with existing games, eg Lego Monopoly, Lego Cluedo (Clue for you American cousins), Lego Battleships etc

I think a lot of people would buy this just for the jumper plates! But nice idea, though as someone said it would need explaination of the triple word scores etc.

Open up another interesting idea for tie-ins with existing games, eg Lego Monopoly, Lego Cluedo (Clue for you American cousins), Lego Battleships etc

LEGO Battleship would be great. There really isn't enough microscale in official sets.

Classy. :thumbup:

You've got my vote, once I get around to registering. Though to be honest I can't see this being made into a set, with 100 printed pieces, all those rare-colored jumper plates, not to mention licensing . . . But it's a lovely idea, and I'd definitely buy it. Good luck!

I love Scrabble as much as the next guy. But I'm not able to get behind this, for a couple of reasons. Chief among these is that the LEGO-ness doesn't seem to contribute to the game at all, and as such I can't reason why anyone would get this instead of a dedicated Scrabble set that didn't use LEGO elements. Based on the construction of this, it also seems like the tiles would be a bear to remove. And finally, I can't fathom any uses the custom-printed letter and score tiles would have outside of a Scrabble set.

Love the idea! I wish you luck on getting 10,000 supporters! :sweet:

Edited by Ceroknight

I'd love to see several "common" games in Lego form.

Supported. I would get at least four copies of this set: one for my immediate family and three for some of the Scrabble lovers in my extended family!

I imagine this would be relatively cheap to produce, thanks to all the duplicate parts (and the fact that the parts are all simple). There'd be a lot of printed parts, but the LEGO Brick Calendar set shows that a set with 26 or more printed parts exclusive to it is not outside TLG's ability. This model has 351 parts by my count. It'd have a somewhat significant licensing cost, I'm sure, but I could easily see myself forking over 40-50 dollars for this baby.

Great idea, and I wish it the best of luck!

Very nice! I would definitely buy this. Smart thinking for using the 2x2 with one stud other than 2x2 plates.

But isn't Scrabble good enough already - they've spent a long time perfecting the design to where it is so pretty as this might be it's not going to beat the real thing.

The one advantage this has over regular scrabble is that the tiles won't slide around everywhere.

I agree with hewman, the way that scrabble letters slide around drives me insane. I would totally buy this if I saw it in a store. Isn't anything made in LEGO better than the real thing? :tongue: