Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

MOC: Koruse Dragon Sentinel vs Broqek Battle Bear

6943014513_8581818bff_z.jpg

Koruse Dragon Sentinel - "Strength of Will" by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

The Koruse species are small in physical size and strength. But they poses great intellectual and mechanical skills. To overcome their small stature, the Koruse commonly create elaborate skeletal exco frames to interact with the outside world. Powered by Energon fluid, these skeletal exco frames are custom made to suit each individual Koruse's personality and flare.

The Energon is the choice fuel due to it's energy to volume ratio - while rare, it is found on several teraformable planets - most of which are colonized and heavily fortified by the Koruse. While the remainder of the known sentient beings simply regard the Energon as a powersupply, the Koruse treat the Energon with spiritual reverence. Each of the Energon deposits controlled by a Koruse are treated as holy sites and will always have a lone sentinel to guard and guide those who wish to bath in the Energon pools...

6796893944_94f196dda6_z.jpg

Koruse Dragon Sentinel - "Strength of Will" by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

6942881925_74f86fe859_z.jpg

DSC_5139 by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

CC always welcome and appreciated - thanks for looking!

[Entry for Lego Dragons Contest -I felt Sci-Fi was totally under represented. - Thanks to Ricecracker, DarkDragon and DarthNick for 11th hour (literally 11pm EST) feedback and listening to me whining...]

------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I felt the Dragon was a little lonely ... and I needed a companion so without further ado:

6945580057_f8209c0421_z.jpg

Broqek Battle Bear - vs Dragon by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

The Broqek are a humanoid species that competes with the Koruse for the Energon supplies in the universe. Originating from the same sector of space as the Koruse, the Broqek have a very different mentality. While the Koruse are technological masters - preferring to build complex robotic shells for themselves, the Broqek instead forcefully adapt animals to do their bidding.

The Broquek use variety of armoured bi and quadrupedal animals on terrestrial surfaces, and use large interstellar creatures to travel through space.

The Broqek are an isolated species - rarely found outside areas of Energon deposits - so their technology level is not well known. In particular the means of Faster Than Light travel inside non FTL creatures is currently unknown.

Due to the close proximity and need for Energon, Broquek commonly clash with the Koruse, as one has the mentality to strip Energon clean, while the other regard the Energon pools as sacred - and should only be used by the pure.

6945574005_4a3f7ae160_z.jpg

6945573147_5f08640c9c_z.jpg

Wow, cool dragon! My favorite part is those eyes! Those beady little eyes. :tongue: Good use of pieces there. The rocky cave wall is well done too, looks very convincing. All the details on the dragon are well done too, the trans blue highlights are great and a nice touch to break up the otherwise dark colors. The dark grey flaps on the wings back by the green is great looking. Good work!

Hello!

Ia m very impressed by this huge creation! I very much like the use of the trapezoid flags on the dragon's wings, as well as the rest of the dragon. :classic: However, what impresses me most, is the excellent rendering of a spherical cave! Simply fantastic. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, cool dragon! My favorite part is those eyes! Those beady little eyes. :tongue: Good use of pieces there. The rocky cave wall is well done too, looks very convincing. All the details on the dragon are well done too, the trans blue highlights are great and a nice touch to break up the otherwise dark colors. The dark grey flaps on the wings back by the green is great looking. Good work!

Heh thanks!

I actually have to thank Ricey for the eyes - I had 1x1 round plates in originally and he didn't like em... so he made me redo it :P

Hello!

Ia m very impressed by this huge creation! I very much like the use of the trapezoid flags on the dragon's wings, as well as the rest of the dragon. :classic: However, what impresses me most, is the excellent rendering of a spherical cave! Simply fantastic. :classic:

Thanks!

I've done rocks before, but never a spherical cave... I'm tempted to try to do an entire sphere.... but I litterally used up every single 1x2 and 1x3 inverted slope I have...

... *resists urge to go on brick link*

This is great! I love the hedgehog in the nose!

:grin:

Next up ... Dog mech for a Cat!

Ooh, cool addition to the dragon(get it? Cool...polar bear,,eh heh... :sadnew:) The polar bear certainly came well equipped! He's heavily fortified for his much bigger foe.

I love the monster and laughted by head off when I saw the bear, but whats most impressive (for me) is that cave there fighting in *oh2* it is fantastic.

:thumbup:

I love the monster and laughted by head off when I saw the bear, but whats most impressive (for me) is that cave there fighting in *oh2* it is fantastic.

:thumbup:

The same here. What caught my attention on the first picture is not the dragon, but the upper left corner of the cave. It looks so...curvy. Pretty well done :thumbup:

I think the dark green of the dragon fits in there pretty well. I cannot make any further statements about the dragon, I'm too distracted by the cave :classic:

Edited by Brickadeer

I love the battle bear. +5,000,000 cool points for SI's bear and +6 cool points for SI.

I love the battle bear. +5,000,000 cool points for SI's bear and +6 cool points for SI.

That's my bear. :sad:

Totally AWESOME 'SI-mos', animal mech-warriors....excellent and highly creative idea....though the WWF or Greenpeace would have something to say about it. :wink:

Brick On Fight On 'SI-mocs' ! :grin:

He didn't even give you credit for the bear. For shame, SI, for shame. :tongue:

The same here. What caught my attention on the first picture is not the dragon, but the upper left corner of the cave. It looks so...curvy. Pretty well done :thumbup:

I think the dark green of the dragon fits in there pretty well. I cannot make any further statements about the dragon, I'm too distracted by the cave :classic:

Thanks! I admit the cave was a fun/started getting to the point I was curious how BIG could I make it before the deadline:P

It's actually Ricey's.... so +5,000,000 cool points for Ricecracker, and +6 cool points for me :cry_sad:

And what a bear! :wub:

He didn't even give you credit for the bear. For shame, SI, for shame. :tongue:

I was going to! :blush:

He beat me to it... (who knew he left the Town forums?)

Totally AWESOME 'SI-mos', animal mech-warriors....excellent and highly creative idea....though the WWF or Greenpeace would have something to say about it. :wink:

Brick On Fight On 'SI-mocs' ! :grin:

Hey! the Bear's getting feed at least. He just needs to take one step forward... :devil: