StoutFiles

[LDD MOC] Cloud City

That is so cool! :oh3: I would definitely buy that. The design is really good; you should consider submitting this to CUUSOO if you haven't yet :classic:

Same here, brilliant. I love the design and the playability aspect.

This is quite brilliant, man! :sweet: I love that you're trying to make it like a "real" set. My only suggestion would be to add some tiles to some of the studs-up parts simply because the look of Cloud City's interior (in the white areas) is very smooth. As far as a landing platform, why not make it a separate set like TLG has done with the Jabba's palace/Rancor pit sets? Just a thought. :classic:

THATS GREAT, i would purchase that over the Death Star any day.

Agreed. The Death Star is iconic but personally I would only spend $400 on a Cloud City set as it contains some of my favorite scenes in the entire saga. The rooms in Cloud City are memorable and they feature areas of immense character growth and change. I

t is a place of false sanctuary which represent the characters at a point of transformation before their fall from a position of stagnancy. Han renounces his smuggler days and admits his defeat allowing for a rebirth. Lando realizes that his prestige and success are meaningless if he does not protect his ideals. Leia finally acknowledges her feelings for Han and by experiencing sorrow she understands what it means to be powerless.

Luke endures profound emotional turmoil and at last realizes the enormous burden of becoming a Jedi, he sees that good does not always triumph and he sees that evil is not irredeemable. He feels the conflict in Vader because through the Force he opens himself to the suffering of his father, knowing that ultimately Anakin wants the chance to be the savior he was meant to become.

Edited by Mahtion

Agreed. The Death Star is iconic but personally I would only spend $400 on a Cloud City set as it contains some of my favorite scenes in the entire saga. The rooms in Cloud City are memorable and they feature areas of immense character growth and change. I

t is a place of false sanctuary which represent the characters at a point of transformation before their fall from a position of stagnancy. Han renounces his smuggler days and admits his defeat allowing for a rebirth. Lando realizes that his prestige and success are meaningless if he does not protect his ideals. Leia finally acknowledges her feelings for Han and by experiencing sorrow she understands what it means to be powerless.

Luke endures profound emotional turmoil and at last realizes the enormous burden of becoming a Jedi, he sees that good does not always triumph and he sees that evil is not irredeemable. He feels the conflict in Vader because through the Force he opens himself to the suffering of his father, knowing that ultimately Anakin wants the chance to be the savior he was meant to become.

We are long overdue an update for Cloud City. However I think an updated version can only be good if it is UCS, and costs a minimum of £200.