Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG - Quest #23: Guarding the Guards

"Gah, and ow. :cry_sad:

I'm still going after the Sniper - Darkness, back row, and all that.

Rufindel, I'm feeling a little woozy, could you possibly heal me please?"

Nyx sways a little, but brandishes her book with steely determination.

Party Order:

Cronk

Atramor

Rufindel

Nyx

Rufindel heals Nyx and prays for a miracle...

Results of Round 5 of the Wolfgang Battle.

Cronk vs. Pikeman - Hit

Atramor vs.Swordsman B - Special Damage

Rufindel heals Nyx- No Healing

Nyx vs. Sniper B - Special Damage (no summon)

Free hits

Spearman vs. Cronk - 0

Crossbowman A vs. Atramor - 5

Crossbowman B vs. Rufindel - 5

Halberdeer vs. Nyx - 6

In a fine display of swordsmanship, Cronk recovers from his powerful blow, and strikes the Pikeman in fluent movement, dealing 29 damage. Atramor fails to get close the swordsman once again, and he raises his shield to protect the Halberdeer, in the next round. Further back, Rufindel tries to heal Nyx and pray to his gods for help, but all he receives is disappointment, as nothing happens. Nyx seems a bit confused she does not get healed, as her spell fizzles, and she can only barely dodge an incoming bolt, which surely would have hit her, if she wore heavier armour. The remaining enemies dish out hits, leaving the party in a weak state...

Enemies:

Wolfgang Swordsman A

Type: Humanoid

Level: 7

Health: 60/60

Special: Raised Shield: Protects himself and a random ally from all damage for the next turn, this makes the swordsman unable to dish out free hits.

Drops: Wooden Shield

Wolfgang Swordsman B
*Protecting Halberdeer*

Health: 36/60

Special: Raised Shield: Protects himself and a random ally from all damage for the next turn, this makes the swordsman unable to dish out free hits.

Wolfgang Spearman

Health: 74/74

Special:
Dirty Stomp
- Stuns for the next round.

Drops: 5 gold

Wolfgang Pikeman

Level: 8

Health 39/68

Special:
Cleave
- Deals 5 damage regardless of Row or SP, and stuns for the next round.

Wolfgang Crossbowman A

Health: 65/65

Special:
Precision Shot
- deals 7 damage, regardless of Row or SP

Drops: 10 gold

Wolfgang Crossbowman B

Special:
Precision Shot

Wolfgang Halberdeer

Level: 6

Health: 79/79

Special:
Swipe
: Deals 5 damage to all heroes, regardless of Row or SP

Drops: nothing

Wolfgang Sniper B

Health: 50/50

Special: Snipe: Deals damage to the amount equal to the target's SP x2, disregards SP.

Party

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk (played by Corneliusmurdock)

Level 17.5 Paladin

Power: 29

SP:

Health:
28/37

Ether:
9/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), Heavy Crossbow(WP:8, Knockback), Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Bone

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_t.jpg

Nyx (played by Pandora)
Party Leader

Level 16.5 Battle Mage

Power:

SP:
-

Health:
11/26

Ether:
10/21

Gold:

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures(WP:12, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, only one creature can be out, summoning it costs 1 ether.), Dawnstar II (WP:9), Longsword (WP:6), Sandman's Parasol (grants immunity to sleep), Helmet(+1 health), Ruby(Fire), Amethyst(Darkness), Topaz(Lightning), Sapphire(Wind), Emerald(Wood), Potion x2, Remedy, Tonic x2, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x5

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieOrDie)

Level 16 Rogue

Power:

SP:

Health:
10/23

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Leachfeather (WP:7 Fire, Wind, restores 2 health on hit), Shiv(WP: 4, can be used as both a melee and a throwing weapon.)Cloak of the Elven Spy(Allows wearer to see an NPC's stats from afar), Sand Worm Hide(SP:2), Bone x2, Nutritious Banana, Venom

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg

Rufindel Galadhras (played by Rufus)

Level 12.5 Cleric

Power:

SP:

Health:
6/20

Ether:
11/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Malfunctioning Staff(WP:12
on successful roll, has 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(ignoring row and SP),
Warlord's Helmet( SP:2 grants 'Natural Respite', Fauxthril Staff(WP:7)
Potion x2, Remedy x1, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic x2, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Venom

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Scubacarrot

I just noticed, I should have 10 health as a result of my hit 2 rounds ago given Leechfeather's ability.

Atramor staggers as a crossbow bolt lands in shoulder for what seems like the eighth time, but shifts his attack to Wolfgang Swordsman A from the front row.

Some healing is needed, I fear. If Nyx will take a potion, I'll try to heal myself - there's always a chance for a miracle (which we sorely need here). :sceptic:

"I suppose you're right, Cronk. Full damage against onna these guys is tempting, but I suppose heals aren't a 100% chance of success..."

Atramor shifts to the back row, pulling out his Shiv and throwing it at Wolfgang Swordsman A from the back row.

Should Cronk heal or bash?

Cronk will bash Pikeman from front row unless friend Nyx think Cronk should heal a friend.

"I do think we need to re-group, but with so many enemies, and thus free hits, I hope we can sit it out until we thin their numbers a little more. I think those of us with low health will need to stick to the back row for now, and I'm still hoping Rufindel pulls a miracle out of the bag. Rufindel does need to heal himself, though (which I am sure he will do from the back row). I think you should bash this round Cronk, hoping that you can finish the Pikeman off.

I shall once again aim Darkness magic at the Sniper from the back row.

Fingers crossed. Again."

Rufindel plants himself firmly in the back row to do his self-healing.

Results of Round 6 of the Wolfgang Battle.

Cronk vs. Pikeman - Damage

Atramor vs.Swordsman A - Hit

Rufindel heals self- Heal Less

Nyx vs. Sniper B - Shield Spellblade (no summon)

Free hits

Spearman vs. Cronk - 0

Crossbowman A vs. Atramor - 3

Crossbowman B vs. Rufindel - 3

Halberdeer vs. Nyx - 3

The party once again jumps in the fray, while Nyx and Rufindel are conjuring up spells, Atramor and Cronk attack. Atramor throws his Shiv, and hits the swordsman in the shoulder, dealing 21 damage. Cronk tries to bash the pikeman, but that one can dodge his attack, and would have hit Cronk, if he had not had his shield up. Meanwhile, Rufindel heals himself, for 12, at the cost of 1 ether. Nyx has had enough of the sniper, and imbues her book with the power of darkness, and with both physical and magic damage, takes the sniper out. The other enemies manage to get a few hits in on the party.

One less enemy remains.

Enemies:

Wolfgang Swordsman A

Health: 39/60

Wolfgang Swordsman B

Health: 36/60

Wolfgang Spearman

Special:
Dirty Stomp

Wolfgang Pikeman

Health 39/68

Special:
Cleave

Wolfgang Crossbowman A

Special:
Precision Shot

Wolfgang Crossbowman B

Special:
Precision Shot

Wolfgang Halberdeer

Special:
Swipe

Party

Level 17.5 Paladin

SP:

Health:
28/37

Ether:
9/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), Heavy Crossbow(WP:8, Knockback), Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Bone

Nyx (played by Pandora)
Party Leader

Level 16.5 Battle Mage

Power:

SP:
-

Health:
8/26

Ether:
10/21

Gold:

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures(WP:12, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, only one creature can be out, summoning it costs 1 ether.), Dawnstar II (WP:9), Longsword (WP:6), Sandman's Parasol (grants immunity to sleep), Helmet(+1 health), Ruby(Fire), Amethyst(Darkness), Topaz(Lightning), Sapphire(Wind), Emerald(Wood), Potion x2, Remedy, Tonic x2, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x5

Level 16 Rogue

Power:

SP:

Health:
7/23

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Leachfeather (WP:7 Fire, Wind, restores 2 health on hit), Shiv(WP: 4, can be used as both a melee and a throwing weapon.)Cloak of the Elven Spy(Allows wearer to see an NPC's stats from afar), Sand Worm Hide(SP:2), Bone x2, Nutritious Banana, Venom

Level 12.5 Cleric

Power:

SP:

Health:
15/20

Ether:
10/16

Gold:

Inventory:
on successful roll, has 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(ignoring row and SP),
Potion x2, Remedy x1, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic x2, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Venom

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Scubacarrot

I guess I'll stay in the back row, and do some more healing, either Atramor or Nyx. What does everyone think?

"Well, if worst comes to worst, Nyx can always down a Potion, so if 'ya don't mind, I could use some healin'."

Atramor slices Leechfeather at Wolfgang Swordsman B from the back row.

"All sounding good, guys. Rufindel, if you could heal Atramor (if only to stop his whining :tongue: ) that'd be great, although if you could whip up a Miracle, that'd be a whole lot better.

I shall move on to another target and try to finish off Swordsman A with Darkness magic, from the back row."

Party Order:

Cronk

Atramor

Rufindel

Nyx

"Whining? Fighting with a dagger from 10 feet away isn't as effective as flinging black magic, mage..."

"Whining? Fighting with a dagger from 10 feet away isn't as effective as flinging black magic, mage..."

"Indeed it isn't, Rogue, and my black magic is most effective, particularly against the likes of you...."

Results of Round 7 of the Wolfgang Battle.

Cronk vs. Pikeman - Damage

Atramor vs.Swordsman B - Critical Hit

Rufindel heals Atramor - No Healing

Nyx vs. Swordsman A - Magic Counter (Summon!)

Free hits

Spearman vs. Cronk - 0

Crossbowman A vs. Atramor - 3

Crossbowman B vs. Rufindel - 3

Halberdeer vs. Nyx - 3

Cronk and Atramor try to perform a synchronized attack, which works out partly. Cronk is too slow for the Pikeman once again, and raises his shield. This however gives Atramor an idea, and he uses Cronk's shield as a springboard to launch his attack. His recklessness does not go unrewarded, as the rogue manages to slice the swordsman for 16 damage, and restoring 2 health with his dagger's power. Rufindel tries to heal the rogue, but Atramor's badass acrobatics make him a hard target, and the healing does not reach the rogue. Meanwhile, Nyx tangles with the other swordsman, without the help of her friends. She gets hit by the swordsman's shield, and takes 4 damage, But she immediatly follows up that with a strike with her book, imbued with the power of darkness, good for 24 damage, at the cost of 1 ether. The hit must have sparked something in the book, as a spider appears from a puff of smoke, ready for Nyx to command! This drains Nyx of another ether. Once again, Atramor and Rufindel can not avoid crossbow bolts, and the Halberdeer swipes at Nyx. This leaves two of the party members with very low health, but the party now has a spider minion!

Enemies:

Wolfgang Swordsman A

Health: 13/60

Wolfgang Swordsman B

Health: 20/60

Wolfgang Spearman

Special:
Dirty Stomp

Wolfgang Pikeman

Health 39/68

Special:
Cleave

Wolfgang Crossbowman A

Special:
Precision Shot

Wolfgang Crossbowman B

Special:
Precision Shot

Wolfgang Halberdeer

Special:
Swipe

Party

Level 17.5 Paladin

SP:

Health:
28/37

Ether:
9/18

Gold:

Inventory:

Nyx (played by Pandora)
Party Leader

Level 16.5 Battle Mage

Power:

SP:
-

Health:
1/26

Ether:
8/21

Gold:

Inventory:

Level 16 Rogue

Power:

SP:

Health:
6/23

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

Level 12.5 Cleric

Power:

SP:

Health:
12/20

Ether:
10/16

Gold:

Inventory:

6899774894_f2e2331e0b_m.jpg

Summoned Spider
controlled by Pandora.

Level 5 Minion

Health:
25/25

Critical hit = 2x level, Shield roll = 2x level, plus poison effect.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Hello, Spidey! Nice work, Atramor.

Nyx, if you're going to take a potion, I'll once again try to heal Atramor from the back row.

Cronk and Atramor try to perform a synchronized attack, which works out partly. Cronk is too slow for the Pikeman once again, and raises his shield. This however gives Atramor an idea, and he uses Cronk's shield as a springboard to launch his attack. His recklessness does not go unrewarded, as the rogue manages to slice the swordsman for 16 damage, and restoring 2 health with his dagger's power. Rufindel tries to heal the rogue, but Atramor's badass acrobatics make him a hard target, and the healing does not reach the rogue.

Awwwww yeaaaaah. :grin:

Atramor jumps away from the Swordsman B, but jumps right back from the back row, encouraged by his badass tactics. McCafferey, meanwhile, eyes Nyx's spider from the sky. It wasn't out of hunger as much as it was out of intrigue. Manipulation of lesser beings had always been her specialty...hmmm.

"Rufindel, please get your healing mojo back!"

Nyx staggers and sways as she pummels the Swordsman with her book. As she staggers and sways she believes she is starting to hallucinate. A little spider is staring straight at her.... and appears to be... talking to her...

"I am the Lord Gilgenthaltoremnanansgerorth, devourer of worlds, spinner of false realities, weaver of lies! You have summoned me!"

"Aww, look, it's an itsy bitsy spider! And he talks! :cry_happy: Naaaww, he's so cute. I shall call you Edgar and we shall fight together and have lots of fun. :sweet: "

Nyx, with some effort from still feeling faint, stoops down to the little spider and tickles him in an area that might be behind his ears, according to page 5472 of her great book.

"Hihihihi, alright, you can call me Egdar. :grin: " giggles the little spider.

Pleased with her new friend, Nyx pauses to down a potion, staying resolutely in the back row. Edgar, the cute little spider, pepares to pounce on Crossbowman A from the front row.