Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG - Quest #23: Guarding the Guards

6882853079_4dc6b01765_t.jpg

"Strivvi, eh? You think that is where my guards are? I'll have the investigation reopened with the focus there, when this mess clears up. I meant, that we had no record of Handle being associated with the Wolfgang. It means that the Wolfgang is recruiting the worst scum out there, a bad thing."

Patricia places the head of the criminal firmly on her desk, and then reaches into the chest behind her desk, and takes out two different sized bags of gold, and four rolls of parchment.

"Here is 80 gold for bringing me the head of Barr Handle, and here is the reward that was posted for the job: 500 gold, and four Blacksmith's Writs. This was not the result I was hoping for, Heroes, but you have done your part admirably, as far as I can tell."

She then also takes the Keystone from Nyx, and places it inside the chest, which she then locks.

Party Leader, Please divide the Reward.

6882852317_8552b2304b_t.jpg580 gold

img_2904.jpg 4x Blacksmith's Writ of Service

Edited by Scubacarrot

"Hmpf, the poster also said 'dead or alive', and this head here, is no living criminal we can question about his accomplices. And yes, you are done, I will be setting up investigations, both for the Wolfgang's hiding holes and what significance this Keystone has. You are dismissed, go back to your hall, for now."

QM Note: After the reward has been split, the quest is done.

Cronk hate to haggle fine point but if Patricia want criminal alive to question Patricia should not put dead or alive on poster. Dead or alive means Patricia will pay reward either way and infer that both are equally acceptable. Poster did not say 500 gold for living but 80 gold for dead. Poster only say 500 gold.

Cronk not really care about the gold, it principle of thing. By issuing poster, Patricia has entered into contract with whatever being brings Barr in and wording of contract does not specify that less gold will be offered if Barr not brought in alive.

OOC: I thought someone had and you just showed a picture of the tile saying it was for a man called Barr Handle. The tile said Dead or Alive, 500. If it actually said something different in game, that's fine but I think that would have been the opportunity to say so.

Cronk did read it. But Cronk can see that Cronk not getting anywhere.

If guards were more honest and forthright, guards would be better liked.

Poster did not say 500 gold for living but 80 gold for dead. Poster only say 500 gold.

"I must agree with Cronk here, I remember you saying:

"He is a criminal operating in the Harbor District, who has always managed to avoid our grasp. You heroes may want to keep an eye out for him, there is gold in it if you take him down."

What you said then, along with the 'Dead or Alive' part of the wanted poster did kinda imply to us that you wanted him taken down.

i.e. Dead. :sceptic:

We did what you asked of us. What you verbally asked of us. This doesn't really seem quite fair. :cry_sad: Aaaaand he was actually quite tough to kill.

It sounds like you'd kill him on sight now anyway. :def_shrug: "

"Yeah. And do you have any idea how much worse it coulda' been if we hadn't taken that necromancer down before all the prisoners got out? You'd have a guard watch made entirely outta zombies."

The Guard Captain seems not amused, and with fiery eyes, she says:

"You really want to argue the technicalities? I wanted him taken down, in other words, out of business. His head on a platter is only one way of doing that, Miss! You so called heroes are nothing but bloodlusted brutes! And then they have the nerve to call us greedy! You realize the rest of the reward set aside for this will go towards the ones the dead guards left behind? And to rebuilding the Town Watch, which is in big trouble, I might add! We can not spare any money, and need to make do our best with what we have got!"

When Atramor spoke, she bursted out even more:

"Don't even get me started on the bloodbath you started in my jail! What the hell happened in there?! I almost believe my predecessor's words, that you Heroes are all useless! Now, take your money and go, get out, GET OUT!!!

The party sees it is best to leave, and returns to the hall.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Updated Party, please check your stats one last time, and don't forget to update your signatures/Profile Pages. Nyx has the whole reward, which she can divide at her own time.

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk (played by Corneliusmurdock)

Level 18 Paladin

Power:

SP:

Health:
38/38

Ether:
19/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP:1), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), Heavy Crossbow(WP:8, Knockback), Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Paralyzing Venom, Bone

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_t.jpg

Nyx (played by Pandora)
Party Leader

Level 17 Battle Mage

Power:

SP:
-

Health:
27/27

Ether:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures(WP:12, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, only one creature can be out, summoning it costs 1 ether.), Dawnstar II (WP:9), Longsword (WP:6), Sandman's Parasol (grants immunity to sleep), Helmet(+1 health), Ruby(Fire), Amethyst(Darkness), Topaz(Lightning), Sapphire(Wind), Emerald(Wood), Potion x1, Remedy, Tonic x2, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x5, Wooden Shield (SP:2),
Blacksmith's Writ x4

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieOrDie)

Level 16.5 Rogue

Power:

SP:

Health:
23/23

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Black Katana(WP:8 Earth), Leachfeather (WP:7 Fire, Wind, restores 2 health on hit), Shiv(WP: 4, can be used as both a melee and a throwing weapon.)Cloak of the Elven Spy(Allows wearer to see an NPC's stats from afar), Sand Worm Hide(SP:2), Bone x2, Nutritious Banana, Venom, Wooden Shield(SP:2)

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg

Rufindel Galadhras (played by Rufus)

Level 13 Cleric

Power:

SP:

Health:
21/21

Ether:
17/17

Gold:

Inventory:
Malfunctioning Staff(WP:12
on successful roll, has 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(ignoring row and SP),
Warlord's Helmet( SP:2 grants 'Natural Respite', Fauxthril Staff(WP:7)
Potion x2, Remedy x1, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic x2, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Venom, Wooden Shield(SP:2)

Thank you very much for playing!, and thank you any watchers for watching! I would appreciate any feedback in the Quest Master's Lounge, and I will write a self critique at one point as well! Can a mod please lock this?

Thank you, Acting Captain Patricia.

I'll wait for Pandora to divvy the loot before locking this.

Nyx hands 145 gold and a Blacksmith's writ each to Cronk, Atramor and Rufindel, keeping the same for herself.

Just before the heroes return to Heroica Hall, Rufindel remembers to hand the Scroll of Sealing back to Atramor.

Thanks, Atramor! Great to fight with you again. Take care of McCaffery now :wink: Cronk, Nyx, farewell!