oDDerFisken

Small Harbour

I've found this at Brickshelf and I don't think I've seen it in here, so i would like to share my find with you all.

Small Harbour

I think it's a pretty cool little harbour. I like the houses and.. well.. pretty much everything about it :-P

It's a nice harbor. But I feel that there was another MOC that is very similar to this...

there is. i forget what is was called but it won two awards. and i liked that one too. he just over used the snot tenuiqe.

This MOC doesn't look familiar to me!

Its also small enough to fit into a thread so all your MOCers with oversized pictures take heed!

01.jpg

It's an interesting MOC. I like the way it doesn't use so many pirate specific pieces, and would therefore be easier for a builder with limited parts, but still conveys itself as a pirate theme based MOC.

God Bless,

Nathan

It doesn't use that many "non pirate specific" pieces does it Mr Norro?

There's the Fabuland oars, roof slopes, flowers, large barrel, crate, bamboo leaves, flowers and barred windows (not including the mini-figures) which are mostly superficial additions. I suppose the Imperial Flag and Guards undermine all the non pirate pieces away.

I think this MOC demonstrates possibilities The LEGO Company could have used to take the Pirate theme in new directions, rather than doing what they did...

It is a nice harbour, but I can't detect any SNOT...

I see the creator is the same guy who builded this big ship:

01.jpg

Anyway, focusing on this MOC....

It appears the creator is big on Captain Rogers "Wet feet Torture" style.

24.jpg

It appears the inmates here are worse off though as the entire cell floor is under water!

This is probably the other one you are thinking of.

docks01.jpg

Cant say I've ever seen the one up the top before though. Doesn't look too bad.

yes, that is the one, and i reclaim it over used snot, in fact, every last thing is snot except for the tables

if you look through the brick shelf gallery.

yes, that is the one, and i reclaim it over used snot, in fact, every last thing is snot except for the tables

if you look through the brick shelf gallery.

Same here thats what it reminded me of, but its definantley different and very beautiful indeed, I very much like the darker pieces at the bottom making it look slightly "Collapsed" very nice MOC!

Hey I just noticed that the images of this MOC are in Piglet's Brickshelf folder, he's the same dude who made the Pirate Comic which he was translating into English but never posted to infom us he completed his mission. Should we send him a message and see if he's interested in discussing his MOC with us?

Hey I just noticed that the images of this MOC are in Piglet's Brickshelf folder, he's the same dude who made the Pirate Comic which he was translating into English but never posted to infom us he completed his mission. Should we send him a message and see if he's interested in discussing his MOC with us?

That would be a good idea i think. As many as possible makes it more funny to discuss.

Yes, especially when the builder of the MOC is present to provide further information. But first of all, does anyone actually know Piglet? I'm a bit apprehensive about contacting someone I don't know just in case they think they're being spammed, its much better if someone who knows him brings this thread to his attention.

It appears not MisterPhes.

Mr. Norrington, I must say I dissagree with you. Water, tree and a couple other things use SNOT, pretty much everything else is just...err, up.

The wetfeet technique...oh no!!! The prisoners are drowning! It's like putting a prisoner into a brig in space without any air.

Looking at the windowsills, the two 1x1 round plates and the two 1x2 grilled platees look really good!

11.jpg

This ship really deserves a separate thread. Does anyone know if it already exists?

It contains a lot unique techniques that I didn't see before and there are many pictures.

It is a nice harbour, but I can't detect any SNOT...

I see the creator is the same guy who builded this big ship:

01.jpg

This ship really deserves a separate thread. Does anyone know if it already exists?

Not that I'm aware of but there's so many ships threads these days I can't possibly remember every single one of them.

It contains a lot unique techniques that I didn't see before and there are many pictures.

What unique techniques be these? I suppose they are best kept for a thread devoted to the MOC rather than taking this thread off topic.

Not that I'm aware of but there's so many ships threads these days I can't possibly remember every single one of them.

I shall make a thread about this ship.

What unique techniques be these? I suppose they are best kept for a thread devoted to the MOC rather than taking this thread off topic.

Indeed lets discuss in the separate thread.

Back to this small harbour...

15.jpg

I'm not so sure that this harbour can be called "small" as its quite big and has plenty of detail. There are plenty of different aspects of this MOC to fill a Brickshelf folder full of varied images. Piglet has done a wonderful job of photographing it in such a way that it avoids too much repetition, just a shame he hasn't white balanced the camera because the white is over saturated in many of the images.

Hello

I had finished it nearly 2 months ago (so You might have seen it already), but I haven't post it here, so i'm doing it now : o)

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

(mocpages)

(Brickshelf)

It's just a small harbor.

From right You can find a small fort with defence cannons, house of the governor and a little tavern.

Check the pictures to find situational details.

It's very charming.

I especially like the Governor surveing the harbour from his secluded balcony enjoying a fresh cup of something.

It's very charming.

I especially like the Governor surveing the harbour from his secluded balcony enjoying a fresh cup of something.

I agree with that. I just love these little scenes where people (minifigs *sweet* ) are doing all kind of stuff.

And this MOC is full of such scenes (inside the tavern, the governor!, two guys doing some secret deal,...).

Nice moc! If you want to read more comments on your awsome MOC here is the thread

Oops... I didn't check the forum if someone had mentioned it earlier. I'm very happy that there are so many positive comments there. Thanks : o)

I always like to put some life into MOCs, by making minifigs alive.

Oops... I didn't check the forum if someone had mentioned it earlier.

I'm sure Mr. Phes or Evil Willy have the powers to merge these 2 threads.