purpleparadox

Bowl of Cereal?

Hi everybody! I'm not sure if General Discussion is the right place to post this, but it is a question about a building technique so here goes.

I'm working on a MOC. In the scene there will be a minifig eating breakfast at a table. I would really like him to be eating a bowl of cereal. (Minfig scaled bowl of cereal) Is this possible? I'm hoping it's been done in a MOC before and someone can show me how. If not, do you guys have any ideas that could work? Thanks!

I'd say to use this piece, but since it only comes in chrome, it might look weird. It's the only piece that I know of that resembles a bowl in minifig scale. You could also use an upside down 2x2 dome piece (astromech head), but that might be too big. Good luck anyways! :classic:

I'd say to use this piece, but since it only comes in chrome, it might look weird. It's the only piece that I know of that resembles a bowl in minifig scale. You could also use an upside down 2x2 dome piece (astromech head), but that might be too big. Good luck anyways! :classic:

Thanks. That piece is a good idea, but the chrome makes it look a bit like a dog food dish. I'll also think about an upside down 2x2 dome, we'll see. Maybe somebody has more ideas to add? On a similar note, any ideas for a spoon?

Thanks. That piece is a good idea, but the chrome makes it look a bit like a dog food dish. I'll also think about an upside down 2x2 dome, we'll see. Maybe somebody has more ideas to add? On a similar note, any ideas for a spoon?

Both Friends and Belville have spoon pieces.

I would actually suggest this piece:

bb543c.jpg

It's #bb543c - Friends Dish

If you fill it with maybe some yellow levers or something small, it will look less out of place...maybe the 1x1 round tiles but you'll only be able to fit in a couple of those at most...

You could substitute the pie piece...I like pie for breakfast. :)

Both Friends and Belville have spoon pieces.

Thanks, I'll have to get one of those.

I would actually suggest this piece:

bb543c.jpg

It's #bb543c - Friends Dish

If you fill it with maybe some yellow levers or something small, it will look less out of place...maybe the 1x1 round tiles but you'll only be able to fit in a couple of those at most...

You could substitute the pie piece...I like pie for breakfast. :)

Thanks, it's a bit...rectangular, but it's probably the best option so far (depending on how that upside down dome looks).

Edited by purpleparadox

Upside down dome might be too difficult to look like it's filled with something though, because it has stuff inside to help it attach on the bottom.

You could use this as the bowl and put a white round 2x2 tile in it to represent the milk. It's a bit wide for a cereal bowl, but it's the best I can come up with aside from that chrome piece that was already mentioned.

You could also use one of these with a round tile on top, but I'm not sure how good that would look.

There are some minifig spoons, one of which can be found in the Friends vet set, but if you don't want to bricklink those, you could just stick a screw driver into the "milk" and pretend the spoon is half emerged in the cereal.

You could use this as the bowl and put a white round 2x2 tile in it to represent the milk. It's a bit wide for a cereal bowl, but it's the best I can come up with aside from that chrome piece that was already mentioned.

There are some minifig spoons, one of which can be found in the Friends vet set, but if you don't want to bricklink those, you could just stick a screw driver into the "milk" and pretend the spoon is half emerged in the cereal.

Yeah, that's a good idea (even if it's a bit like a saucer). I have that piece somewhere, I'll go look for it tomorrow.

Maybe this piece? :sceptic:

41334.gif

That's a good idea too. I have 3 of the different pieces people suggested. I'm going to try and test them before school. If I don't have time I'll try them out after.

If the bottom of the table is obscured from view, you could try using a tire element, and then shoving yellow lever handles through it, such that the tops of the levers each look like little "corn pops" or something. The levers would stick out the bottom, but as long as you were only looking at the top of the table, it might be ok.

DaveE

How about this,this or this (asian style) turned upside down for a bowl and ABS granules as cereal itself.

If the bottom of the table is obscured from view, you could try using a tire element, and then shoving yellow lever handles through it, such that the tops of the levers each look like little "corn pops" or something. The levers would stick out the bottom, but as long as you were only looking at the top of the table, it might be ok.

DaveE

I'll think about that, it's a good idea.

How about this,this or this (asian style) turned upside down for a bowl and ABS granules as cereal itself.

Interesting... If I go with that I'll have to get a bowler hat.

DaveE

That's a great idea right there! :tongue: who doesn't love Corn Pops? I gotta have my Pops!

That's a great idea right there! :tongue: who doesn't love Corn Pops? I gotta have my Pops!

It IS a good idea...I'm just not sure that a tire would look like a bowl.

Sorry for the double post but as the nature of this post is to give an update I thought it would be all right. Someone let me know if I'm wrong about that.

I tried a few various ideas people gave me, and so far the one that seems best is the one that Oky suggested.

It seems like an alright way to go. I think I'll do that but I'm still completely open to suggestions!