Sign in to follow this  
moop

Super Heros Lego Funhouse. Why So Rare?

I was looking into getting this set but obviously it's hard to track down. While perusing the forums I was unable to peg down why it's so rare. Is it the minifigs? Is it the price for what you get? Or is it some other intangible? Or, maybe even all of the above? Just wanted to get some opinions on it. I'm kind of worried that it will stay hard to get so should I take the plunge now or will there be a substantial reprint? Thanks for the discussion.

The reason the Funhouse is rare is probably that it's only available from LEGO and a certain retailer, which probably depends on your country. I think it's Toys R Us in the US, but they didn't have it at mine. I also heard a rumor that K-mart had them, but I'm not sure. :sceptic:

It's because it's a TRU exclusive and a popular set for various reasons.

I had no idea it was an exclusive... okay. cool. I'll have to get it at my local Lego store. Thanks for the replies.

Also, for whatever reason, my TRU has been getting these sets in spurts. First it was the Batcave, followed by Funhouse, then Batwing. All spread out over a month or so. All the while, they have all the SW, most of the City, Ninjago, and so on. It's just weird. No sign of Superman set yet, or Two Face... :sadnew:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Have not see the funhouse at TRU OZ yet :sceptic:

I saw it at my local TRU and I wanted to pick it up but it was a bit pricy. Maybe on Lego's site I'll pick it up.

I saw it at my local TRU and I wanted to pick it up but it was a bit pricy. Maybe on Lego's site I'll pick it up.

I was really surprised when I noticed that TRU only had this set marked up $5.00 over MSRP, considering it's an exclusive and all. Then they raised the price of this set from $44.99 to $49.99 just in the past week. Now that's more like TRU. USA S@H shows it becoming available in the next 30 days.

Production runs for this set are low for some reason or another. I've never seen this set at the LEGO store or at TRU (I'm in the US). I thought originally that they were just selling out really quickly at the stores and I kept missing it, but the LEGO store employees told me that they've only had about 2-3 shipments of them. Either TLG severely underestimated the demand for this set or there is some other production issue that is slowing down the output of this set.

I wonder if it has anything to do with LEGO trying to fix some of the errors noticed in "AlexScammer's" review. They are minor, but noticeable.

I decided to take the plunge and pay a modest $60 for a set on eBay. Seeing as a Toys R Us purchase would've been $10 more and require some massive legwork, and buying from my local Lego store would have required an unknown waiting period and a high tax rate I figured it was worth it. What are the issues that were raised?

nvm, I saw the issues with the face printing. I'll check mine out to see if it is noticeable.

Edited by moop

in Australia? how much was it retailing for?

I dont know exactly where to post this :sceptic: but i'll post it here as this set is impossible to find :hmpf_bad: .So does anyone know where you can find 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape anywhere (offline btw)in Ireland? :classic:

It's probably so rare because you get 5 really good figs for such a good price. Two of which(Riddler and Harley Quinn) are exclusive to that set. Also in the US, it said it will only be like $35.99. I consider that a STEAL!

It's probably so rare because you get 5 really good figs for such a good price. Two of which(Riddler and Harley Quinn) are exclusive to that set. Also in the US, it said it will only be like $35.99. I consider that a STEAL!

The retail price in the U.S. is $39.99. You have to go to a LEGO store to get it at that price.

It's more readily available at Toys R Us as an exclusive but it is listed with the TRU markup at $49.99.

The retail price in the U.S. is $39.99. You have to go to a LEGO store to get it at that price.

It's more readily available at Toys R Us as an exclusive but it is listed with the TRU markup at $49.99.

Hmm...I got mine for $44.99 at TRU.

Last week I lucked up at found 2 at TRU....however their system has 2 different prices. The shelf tag said 44.99, but when you checked the price on an isle scanner it said 49.99. This was during the spend 50.00 get 10.00 off so the scanner actually read 49.99 today 39.99. When I took them to the checkout they rang up 44.99. I took the lady back to the scanner and showed her that it came up as 39.99 so she let me have them for that price.

Last week I lucked up at found 2 at TRU....however their system has 2 different prices. The shelf tag said 44.99, but when you checked the price on an isle scanner it said 49.99. This was during the spend 50.00 get 10.00 off so the scanner actually read 49.99 today 39.99. When I took them to the checkout they rang up 44.99. I took the lady back to the scanner and showed her that it came up as 39.99 so she let me have them for that price.

It's funny because I just bought it on eBay at the inflated $60 price and then I walked into my Toys R Us yesterday and saw 4 of them sitting on the shelf for $49.99 each. Too bad it wasn;t during the sale. Also, I noticed that my minifigs do not have any of the printing errors that seemed to be plaguing early versions.

Hmm...I got mine for $44.99 at TRU.

It was selling for $44.99 at the time that TRU was running their BOGO 1/2 off sale a couple of weeks ago. The week after the sale ended, the price went up to $49.99. I knew a $5 mark-up wouldn't last too long at TRU.

It was selling for $44.99 at the time that TRU was running their BOGO 1/2 off sale a couple of weeks ago. The week after the sale ended, the price went up to $49.99. I knew a $5 mark-up wouldn't last too long at TRU.

Well, I bought mine over a month ago, well before the sale.

h-7, good eye :wink: moop, my figs are fine too. I don't know if the one I bought a first batch one or not, but I bought it at first sight at TRU.