gael.d

Lego Best Links, for news

Hi everybody,

I'm not a really active member per say, but i read some times to times here.

I'm looking for the best Lego news website, to have some reliable source of informations. Most of the Legofan website, despite of really poor design, have also no rss feeds, or something similar.

Can you share your best informations sources ?

Thanks all !

Eurobricks.com is pretty good... but if you want a second opinion I'd recommended Brickset.com.

Hi,

Thanks. Of course i know eurobricks news, but i like to have several source of informations (because the big news are shared, but not all of them), and i'm really not confortable with the archives system (which are forums posts, and viewable as news per say).

I will check on brickset, thanks !

Brickset.com can be very good for news, primarily new set info or info on sales going on through various retailers. The only thing I don't particularly like about Brickset is their editorial stance, which is often most visible in their set reviews and event coverage. Their comment sections also range from the misinformed to the just plain bad.

FBTB.net often gives fantastic coverage of many themes, particularly licensed themes. Their reviews often give a unique perspective on set quality, since for licenses they judge the set not only on its play value but on its faithfulness to the source material.

If you're looking for spotlights on MOCs, brothers-brick.com is just about the best when it comes to featuring fantastic MOCs from all over the web.

And of course, there's Eurobricks itself, which is typically very prompt in reporting news and, in my opinion, has one of the best LEGO communities on the web. So if you're interested not only in news, but in news discussion, this is the place to be

By the way, if you have an iPhone, there's a wonderful app called "Bricking News" that compiles news posts from all of these websites plus recent photos from flickr.

And finally, although it serves a more niche interest than these other sites, BZPower is the best site for news on themes like BIONICLE and now Hero Factory that tend to be given the cold shoulder by many AFOL communities. They have also been diversifying their coverage since BIONICLE's end, although apart from the fairly open-minded reviews it gives it still tends to pale in comparison to coverage on larger AFOL-focused sites.

Eurobricks, Brickset, and Brothers Brick are ones I read a lot. Brothers Brick is mostly MOCs, but there is sometimes news.

Thanks all ! Brothers Bricks is really cool, exactly the kind of thing i want.

Noob (and french) question : what's MOC stands for ?

Thanks all ! Brothers Bricks is really cool, exactly the kind of thing i want.

Noob (and french) question : what's MOC stands for ?

MOC = My Own Creation!

Eurobricks for an easy way to find news to a specific theme and reviews, Brickset for an easy general place to find news from every theme, and ToysNBricks for an easy way to find new about sales. :wink:

Where's a good place for news on new pieces? There's plenty of reportage on new sets, but often I miss out on amazing new pieces because the set doesn't grab my attention. (like the brackets and SNOT plates in Tipper Truck)

I check Bricklink's Part lists by year occasionally but would love it if there's a blog or forum discussing new pieces.

Edited by caperberry

Where's a good place for news on new pieces? There's plenty of reportage on new sets, but often I miss out on amazing new pieces because the set doesn't grab my attention. (like the brackets and SNOT plates in Tipper Truck)

I check Bricklink's Part lists by year occasionally but would love it if there's a blog or forum discussing new pieces.

I've been looking for somewhere that reports on that for a while, but haven't found anything. I normally just read the reviews for every hew set that comes out, skim through it if the set itself doesn't interest me, and find the interesting parts section. It would be nice if there was a complete list every year/release period of all new parts, prints, colors, etc.