WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

[CATEGORY A Entries]

gallery_4229_64_59597.jpg

*Special thanks to Eurobricks Staff, Brickthing for the design of the poster*

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 6. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in Category A?

89new.jpg

Intergalactic Girl ~ Butcher ~ Mechanic ~ Genie ~ Leprechaun ~ Roman Soldier ~ Surgeon ~ Skater Girl

Bandit ~ Flamenco Dancer ~ Clockwork Robot ~ Minotaur ~ Alien ~ Celtic Warrior ~ Sleepyhead ~ Lady Liberty

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY A*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 6 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 6 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 6 like the Sleepyhead's teddy bear, Celtic Warrior's sword, Mechanic's wrench, Lady Liberty's tablet, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 6) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 23th of April, 2012 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team

WhiteFang & Rufus

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Sweet Dreams

minifig: Sleepyhead

theme: Town

This is for the Sleepyhead minifig to be dreaming on the top bunk. He is dreaming about sharing cupcakes with Marie at the City Park Cafe.

6934990355_5874536ee4_b.jpg

Sleepyhead's brother sleeps soundly on the bottom bunk, despite the dynamite feet on the bed.

6788877352_53baa55332_b.jpg

The Sleepyhead minifig slips under the sheets of the top bunk.

6788877426_f074dc9bae_b.jpg

More pics

Edited by Scootercide

My 1st entry into a Eurobricks contest! :classic:

Inspiration

Minifgure: Skater Girl

Theme: Town

2 amateur skateboard enthusiasts looking at a pro performing his stunts and aspiring to be like him in the near near future...

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Edit by WhiteFang: This entry has been requested to be taken down by the member. Thus, this entry is now disqualified.

My entry to the contest. It a a vignette for the genie. Uploaded early before someone else does it. :wink:really sorry about the photo quality, the better image is on flickr. please vote as this is my first ever photo and I put a lot of effort into it, thanks 6813583472_f0b40b96ac_m.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Please follow the guidelines / This entry is now disqualified

This is for both the Intergalactic Girl and the Grey Alien.

The orange flame pieces are fuel, not fire.

6813854600_06048b673b.jpg

6959969043_b9bdfdc1ea.jpg

6813854608_06c5d26dff.jpg

My Sig-Fig approves!

6813854588_57e14c6089.jpg

More pics here.

Post C&C in the Discussion thread. :classic:

Edited by LEGOman273

Minotaur’s Tower

Minifigure: Minotaur

Theme: Castle Fantasy

In the center of the Labyrinth dwells the Minotaur. In his tower, he lives and works. He spends much of his time plotting against the wannabe heroes that invade his maze, but in his downtime he relaxes with good wine, savory food and an enthralling book.

The four levels of his tower from top to bottom are:

Parapet

Workshop

Bedroom

Man Cave

6960632511_178d428aa0.jpg

The top two levels are his work zone, for the most part. The parapet features a spyglass for him to keep an eye on his Labyrinth and a crossbow in case he feels like hunting from afar. But it’s not all work as he’s set up a rooftop garden of flowers to calm his inner beast. The next level down is the workshop where he redesigns his maze with a miniature model, a chalk board and a red cushioned stool to sit upon. The maze is color-coded depending upon what stage of redesign each section is in. Tan is to remain as is, black is in the process of being redone and white is still to do.

6814518254_57135313c0.jpg

The lower two levels are where he goes to get away from it all. His bedroom features a comfortable bed, a shelf of his favorite action figures and his award axe. To highlight his action figures, he installed wood paneling to contrast with the drab gray stone of the tower. As for the axe, he was awarded it at the last Annual Labyrinth Convention for the most number of heroes defeated in hand-to-hand combat in a year. He’s most proud of this accomplishment, which can be seen in further evidence in his man cave.

The bottom floor features a luxurious armchair that practically envelops the Minotaur when he sits in its cushy confines. A side table contains his favorite pewter goblet, a bottle of fine wine and a good book (romance, of course; he gets enough adventure in his daily life, but doesn’t have the time to look for love). Before him is a table of scrumptious food with his favorite pie – banana cream. And last, but not least, his crowning achievement! On the wall are mounted tokens of his greatest hunting feats. The pirate was especially challenging as the bugger kept swinging on the vines hanging from the walls of the maze.

6960632669_86417875eb.jpg

For those daring adventurers, here are further close-ups on the Minotaur Tower.

Thank you for checking out my entry. I hope you enjoyed it!

Design notes:

The wood paneling behind the microfigures is sideways building with 15 layers of white and brown plates to get the zig-zag pattern. The final layer has plates on the top and 3rd stud down with tiling on the 2nd and 4th stud.

The arm chair on the first floor is too narrow for a minifigure to sit in it, but I went for the look of it rather than the functionality. On a side note, a minidoll does fit it so I may use the design for a Friends build.

Edited by SilvaShado

img_1216.jpg

Respecting the Fallen

Here's my entry.

Theme: Fantasy

Minifigure: Highlander

Description: Even the warriors of the mountains have loved ones. This warrior stands in front of his father's grave, which is crafted with his axe.

Base is 8x8.

img_1220.jpg

This is a Hold Up

Theme: Western/Town?

Minifigure: Bandit

Description: The bandit strikes again! He would be standing on the single stud. This is my first vignette, and C&C in the discussion thread would be welcome :classic:

6962461289_110fbec909_z.jpg

6816343678_fc060e30ea_z.jpg

Minifig: Sleepyhead

Theme: Town/(maybe) Monster Fighters :wink:

Sleep tight

... and never mind that noise you heard. It's just the beast under your bed.

Sleepyhead lies in his bed, dreaming of great things to come. Music comes from his radio and put him to sleep.

cmfc01.jpg

What was that sound? Nevermind.

cmfc02.jpg

The underground beneath the house keeps a dark secret. An ancient beast is living in these caves, picking up it's victims in their sleep. The remains of the former houseowners still lying on the ground. Will sleepyhead wake up before it's to late?

cmfc03.jpg

C&C welcome.

Minifig The Doctor

Theme Hospital

Dr. Rosen was known to always take a long time as he prepares for surgery.

This time, nurse Hathaway had enough. She called the hospital's personnel manager, and asked him to come to the observation room to see with his own eyes that this was becoming a problem.

6818598968_a17e43e845.jpg

Hospital by bellis6, on Flickr

6964718139_619f55cbab.jpg

Hospital by bellis6, on Flickr

6964858897_cef801ab79.jpg

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest by bellis6, on Flickr

Edited by bellis

Minifigure: Alien

An UFO comes down over a farm, its beam shoots down as it tears towards the sheep pasture. The sheep vanish almost moments before the UFO. What do the aliens want with the sheep? Nobody knows but the CM series 6 grey alien :wink:

6819280790_2b77e8eeab_z.jpg

Alien Abduction on Flickr.

Here's my entry, enjoy!

Bandit's Jail Cell/Escape to Freedom

Minifig:Bandit

Theme:Western

Here's the jail cell that the Bandit lives in:

13348825061_DISPLAY.jpg

But the Bandit won't stay for long! (See my MOCpages link below for pic of hole in floor to escape through)

13348825072_DISPLAY.jpg

Here's the whole vig!

1334882498m_SPLASH.jpg

Here's a link to my MOCpages page for it, see the vig with the bandit included!:

LINK

Hope you liked it!

Edited by purpleparadox

This is my first entry in a EB contents, so go easy on me :classic:

Figure: Intergalactic Girl

Theme: Space

Intergalactic Girl's Day Off

After a tough week defeating the scum of the universe Intergalactic Girl decides to treat herself to a Spa Day.

Welcome to Spa Station Aphrodite5, the best spa in all of sector 6.

6827791502_8eae6e9682_z.jpg

Stop in on Level 1 for one of our famous slime baths. We use only the finest slime, specially selected from the swamps of Zycraxi

6827791796_42cdd711fd.jpg

On Level 2, sit back in a Massage Hover Chair and treat yourself to a fabulous new hair style from our award winning stylists. Our patented hair care range will keep your hair free from split ends even in the harshest of artificial gravity environments. (Intergalactic girl should appear on the chair)

6973911815_820704afbb.jpg

6973911997_05b02b75c7.jpg

Larger images are available at flickr.com/photos/mdolley/

Edited by MDolley

The Bone-Throne

Minifig: Minotaur

Theme: Fantasy (heavily influenced by greek mythology)

Deep in the centre of the Labyrinth there resides the Minotaur on a throne made entirely of the bones of sacrificed virgins and the heroes, who tried to rescue them.

6834298596_b645cbeefd.jpg

6980498271_54d6e4fd56.jpg

6834348382_e29e61801d.jpg

"Inside The Lamp"

MiniFig: Genie

Theme: Prince of Persia

... where nobody is allowed to rub for 3 wishes.

6984897827_4f64d73658_b.jpg

[/url]

Inside the Genie's Lamp there is a Luxury Bathroom to: Shower, splash on some fragrance,

and do private 'business' all safely inside the Lamp -- in private quarters.

6984882857_4f09282462_z.jpg

Inside The Lamp ~ the Sink, where Genie can splash on a variety of various fragrances,

use lotion to soften his skin, wash up after granting wishes, brush his teeth and

use the mirror to check that his jewels are on correctly.

6838742650_441ef2e9bf_o.jpg

Inside The Lamp ~ the Commode -- where Genie can conduct his private "business"

and think about his work for the day.

My inspiration for this build was the gold spigot - water faucet that came in Stephanie's Cool Convertible set.

Genies have been around for a long time -- be glad they have a place to freshen up :wink:

This is my entry for the series 6 minifigure viginette contest. category A

Minifigure: Bandit

Theme: Western

Description:The Bandito has been caught finally and has to pay for his crimes in the small lonely town of Tumble Weed.

Fortunately for him though his fellow bandit is there to rescue him .

7007147217_2debdaeaae_c.jpg

EXPLANATION: I was going for a reality/ movie look, which would include the "Lover", "sherrif","doctor", "hangman", and "fellow outlaw".

The devil/ demon looking guy has been waiting patiently, following the bandits every move, knowing one day his time would come to collect his soul.

Will he be able to get it today? Thats for the Bandits buddy to decide.

Bandito, western by branobrick, on FlickrThanks for looking. Hope it was suspenseful for you!

Edited by branolego

This is my entry for the "Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest: category A"

Minifugure: Bandit

Theme: Western

Description: The job of the bandit is hard, also the best friend is not safe!

7018123795_224fc2f120_c.jpg

6872016144_1b393dc7b2_c.jpg

7018124839_155c190ee6_c.jpg

Edited by zerobrick

Some Leprechauns are sloppy

100_1879-800.jpg

100_1880-800.jpg

My most colorful vig or possibly moc yet, 15 colors not counting back structures.

Edited by lisqr

Just a little "something" I made lately :\

Toy Store

Minifig: Clockwork Robot

Theme: ehh, I'd say miniland.

7028370531_8bbbf50303_z.jpg

Toy Store by AlexScammer, on Flickr

Enjoy and check out my photostream! :)

Edit: robot actually fits in that box!

Edited by AlexScammer

Gas Station

Minifig: Mechanic

7030067519_f03066b066_z.jpg

7030066135_b16ed23ce8_z.jpg

6883966788_237e98a74d_z.jpg

The Mechanic stands on the single stud, whilst his toolbox stands on the two studs at the back.

Check out the complete set on Flickr to see photos of the vignette with the Mechanic included: Gas Station on Flickr

Also, if you're interested in the gas pump and the parts required to build it, details are here: Vintage Gas Pump

Edited by Darkblane