WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

Stickers must be official TLG stickers. There is no exception.

What if they are official TLG stickers, but you don't have them so you print a scan of them on sticker paper? Is that allowed?

What if they are official TLG stickers, but you don't have them so you print a scan of them on sticker paper? Is that allowed?

NO. Unless obviously, if others and including myself CANNOT see the obvious differences...

This is my entry for the series 6 minifigure viginette contest.

Minifigure: Bandit

Theme: Western

Description:The Bandito has been caught finally and has to pay for his crimes in the small lonely town of Tumble Weed.

Fortunately for him though his fellow bandit is there to rescue him.

TImes Up!! By branolego

Thanks for looking. Hope it was suspenseful for you!

Kindly deeplink your entry. Thank you.

Kindly deeplink your entry. Thank you.

i apologize, i was trying to deep link it but was confused as to which button to use. i beleive ive got it fixed.

by the way how do i get a photo to show up instead of just a link in my entry reply?

i apologize, i was trying to deep link it but was confused as to which button to use. i beleive ive got it fixed.

by the way how do i get a photo to show up instead of just a link in my entry reply?

Please follow this link and read on how to deeplink via Flickr.

Here's my opinions on the creations in Category A so far.

Sweet Dreams - Awesome! I love the unusual building design of the dream bubbles. I think it's a great use of the mini-doll too. The bunk bed is a cool design.

End of the Rainbow - I like the use of the tire for the pot of gold. Nice grassy design. The background is a little too square for me, but I don't have any suggestions on how to improve it, sorry.

Inspiration - neat use of levels, but I'm a little confused as to where the skater girl fits into the design.

Butcher's Deli - very nice counter! Looks snazzy! I also like the floor and wall designs. I'm just a little confused as to what the red thing on the right wall is. I don't go to many delis.

Genie - that's a lot of gold. Just curious, if you have a better picture, why didn't you link it in your post?

Intergalactic Girl & Alien - very nice designs for the ship hallway. I'm just wondering whether you can do a MOC for two different figures. I thought the contest was to just pick one?

Minotaur's Tower - that's mine and well, I love it! But I would like to know what others think of it too. :wink:

Respecting the Fallen - very dramatic with such a minimalist design - I like! It evokes exactly what it needs, no more, no less.

This is a Hold Up - made me smile! Another simple design that works so effectively.

Sleep Tight - creepy, very creepy...makes me nervous about going to be tonight. lol! Really good design for the monster and the bedroom.

Surgeon Hospital - this made me laugh! A skeleton, boy that doctor takes a while. And by the way, the surgeon is female. Most don't notice, but her torso has curves and she has eye lashes. But without the lips and hair, most people, me included, don't noticed. Anyway, good hospital equipment design. I like the red cross at the bottom.

Alien UFO - love the micro build, but just wondering how the minifigure fits into the scale. Wouldn't the alien be too big? Otherwise, I really like the design. I could instantly recognize the barn and sheep pen.

Mechanic's Garage - It's a bit too simple for me, I'm afraid. I don't mean to be mean or anything, but I don't really get that it's garage. Just looks like 2 white walls with some vehicle parts. Maybe make a tool rack on the wall. You've got a start with the wrench. Maybe a few more would make it more realistic. Maybe make a stool - I always see garages having various stools around. Also, that blue shelf, you should put 1X1 bricks (round and square) capped with a round 1X1 plate to simulate various bottles and containers of oil and other things that would be in a garage. I also suggest taking a clearer picture. It's a little fuzzy. I hope my comments are helpful for you to revise your MOC. I do want your first contest entry to be an enjoyable journey. :sweet:

hmm...that's all that's posted for now. I'll be back once more entries are up. Looking forward to seeing how this contest shapes up. :thumbup:

id love to hear your latest comments on the newly added entries.

id love to hear your latest comments on the newly added entries.

Thanks for the reminder. I hope to make some time this weekend to do so. :classic:

It is a vignette of the minimum size of 8 by 8 studs and up to a maximum of 24 by 24 studs. It MUST contain an invisible Series 6 minifigure and placed at least one Series 1 to 5 minifigures of your choice to display an interacting scene where there MUST be at least one architectural design of your choice in the vignette!

Is it better???

Sorry for taking so long to answer this question. So does that mean a fictional building (or real) that interacts two minifigs? Like the S6 Surgeon, and the S1 Nurse, with a hospital? (That was just a lame example I came up with from the top of my head.)

To catch up with commenting, the last one I did was the mechanic garage with car, so... here goes!

Intergalactic Girl's Day Off - Very nice spa day. I find it a little disconcerting that the space girl is sharing an area with a guy, but maybe in the future, co-ed is perfectly acceptable. :laugh: Anyway, I like the simple wall designs. Looks comfortable with futuristic touches. Very nice detailing.

Bone Throne - Creepy... very very creepy! And that works perfectly! I can imagine a a minotaur sitting on that and snarling at his slaves to do his bidding. I really like the wall design, the fact that you added color rather than just making it monotonous.

Inside the Lamp - Awesome! I love the unusual use of pieces and your story, but I do hope there's more to the lamp than just the bathroom. lol! I think my favorite part is the shower with arch at the top. Nice! :thumbup:

Sleepyhead Roof Walker - that's a dangerous position for anyone to get into! Hope he doesn't fall. As for the design, I like the simple effectiveness of it. The black sky with stars, the rooftop and tree - just perfect. Though it did make me wonder if the sleepyhead is a werewolf, but that's for a previous series. :wink:

Bandit Hanging - I want to like this because it's so detailed, but it's a bit busy up on top with so many minifigures - it's a bit too crowded. Plus, I don't fully understand the demon? below. I'm guessing it has to do with the devil coming to claim his soul, but it's not very clear. I'd suggest fewer minifigures up on top and maybe a close-up on the lower half with an explanation of what it's all about.

Bandit desert scene - this one is hard to understand. In fact, I didn't get it until I went to your flickr account and saw the scene with the minifigure in it. I'm not really sure how you can get this scene to work without the minifigure, but I would suggest making it less action-oriented so it's less reliant on knowing where and what the missing figure is doing. However, I do love the vulture. That is an awesome design! :thumbup:

Leprechauns are sloppy - Love the way you did the rainbow and sky. Very nice. Also like the field of clover. (Didn't know they made those 1x1 pieces in green, gonna have to pick some up.) I must admit that it took me some time to understand the title, or at least think I understood the title. The sloppiness being that they left a piece of gold behind. But, I thought the saying was that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. In that case, the leprechaun is very stingy, leaving only one piece of gold.

Toy Store - love it! It looks so realistic with the man touching the robot's box as if he's going to pick it up and buy it. The only thing I'd suggest is taking another picture with more light shinning on the top shelf so I can better see what is up there.

Gas Station - love the vintage gas pump! Looks great! And the building facade is nicely detailed. Great job on the detailing on the base. :thumbup:

MiniHuman Factory - very effectively creepy! I'm having trouble talking about the design because the concept of robots building us is making me shiver! *huh* Very nicely built with the multi-levels and the detailing. I think my favorite creepy part is the body without a head haphazardly leaning on the railing.

So now that I've commented on everyone's creation so far, did anyone have any feedback for me? I made the minotaur tower and would really like to know what anyone thinks of it.

To catch up with commenting, the last one I did was the mechanic garage with car, so... here goes!

Intergalactic Girl's Day Off - Very nice spa day. I find it a little disconcerting that the space girl is sharing an area with a guy, but maybe in the future, co-ed is perfectly acceptable. :laugh: Anyway, I like the simple wall designs. Looks comfortable with futuristic touches. Very nice detailing.

*snip*

So now that I've commented on everyone's creation so far, did anyone have any feedback for me? I made the minotaur tower and would really like to know what anyone thinks of it.

Thanks for the feedback on mine. It's a bit hard to tell in 8x8 but the idea was that there are different 'treatments' on each level, so the guy is in a separate area. Even in the future guys are pervs and need to be kept separate :laugh:

I was trying to get a balance of sci-fi and luxury, so I hope that came across :classic:

As for yours... I think it's great. I love the use of levels and I am a huge fan of seeing 'behind-the-scenes' of a character.

Thanks for the new comments. as for thoughts on yours, i love oll the detailing you did as well as all the different levels of his interest, however, and im not sure if this is what you were going for but, it doesnt seem like its a place a minotaur would live in. it just seems too cozy and soft. please correct me if i am wrong about your intentions.

Bone Throne - Creepy... very very creepy! And that works perfectly! I can imagine a a minotaur sitting on that and snarling at his slaves to do his bidding. I really like the wall design, the fact that you added color rather than just making it monotonous.

Inside the Lamp - Awesome! I love the unusual use of pieces and your story, but I do hope there's more to the lamp than just the bathroom. lol! I think my favorite part is the shower with arch at the top. Nice! :thumbup:

Sleepyhead Roof Walker - that's a dangerous position for anyone to get into! Hope he doesn't fall. As for the design, I like the simple effectiveness of it. The black sky with stars, the rooftop and tree - just perfect. Though it did make me wonder if the sleepyhead is a werewolf, but that's for a previous series. :wink:

Bandit Hanging - I want to like this because it's so detailed, but it's a bit busy up on top with so many minifigures - it's a bit too crowded. Plus, I don't fully understand the demon? below. I'm guessing it has to do with the devil coming to claim his soul, but it's not very clear. I'd suggest fewer minifigures up on top and maybe a close-up on the lower half with an explanation of what it's all about.

Bandit desert scene - this one is hard to understand. In fact, I didn't get it until I went to your flickr account and saw the scene with the minifigure in it. I'm not really sure how you can get this scene to work without the minifigure, but I would suggest making it less action-oriented so it's less reliant on knowing where and what the missing figure is doing. However, I do love the vulture. That is an awesome design! :thumbup:

Leprechauns are sloppy - Love the way you did the rainbow and sky. Very nice. Also like the field of clover. (Didn't know they made those 1x1 pieces in green, gonna have to pick some up.) I must admit that it took me some time to understand the title, or at least think I understood the title. The sloppiness being that they left a piece of gold behind. But, I thought the saying was that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. In that case, the leprechaun is very stingy, leaving only one piece of gold.

Toy Store - love it! It looks so realistic with the man touching the robot's box as if he's going to pick it up and buy it. The only thing I'd suggest is taking another picture with more light shinning on the top shelf so I can better see what is up there.

Gas Station - love the vintage gas pump! Looks great! And the building facade is nicely detailed. Great job on the detailing on the base. :thumbup:

MiniHuman Factory - very effectively creepy! I'm having trouble talking about the design because the concept of robots building us is making me shiver! *huh* Very nicely built with the multi-levels and the detailing. I think my favorite creepy part is the body without a head haphazardly leaning on the railing.

I'm changing my entry. Is it alright if I remove the pictures currently on my old entry while I make my new one?

Yes, as long you do so before near the closing date.

Sorry for taking so long to answer this question. So does that mean a fictional building (or real) that interacts two minifigs? Like the S6 Surgeon, and the S1 Nurse, with a hospital? (That was just a lame example I came up with from the top of my head.)

Yes, that is correct.

I was just wondering, do all entries in A need to have themes? and do the themes have to be lego themes?

As quoted from the rules,

This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.

Thanks for the feedback on mine. It's a bit hard to tell in 8x8 but the idea was that there are different 'treatments' on each level, so the guy is in a separate area. Even in the future guys are pervs and need to be kept separate :laugh:

I was trying to get a balance of sci-fi and luxury, so I hope that came across :classic:

As for yours... I think it's great. I love the use of levels and I am a huge fan of seeing 'behind-the-scenes' of a character.

Yes, the mix of sci-fi and luxury did come across clearly. I'm glad to hear that you intended the guy to be in a separate area. Guys are pervs. :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback on mine. I really wanted to give a close-up look at the beast behind the minotaur. He's not a fighting, killing machine all the time. :wink:

Thanks for the new comments. as for thoughts on yours, i love oll the detailing you did as well as all the different levels of his interest, however, and im not sure if this is what you were going for but, it doesnt seem like its a place a minotaur would live in. it just seems too cozy and soft. please correct me if i am wrong about your intentions.

Thanks for the feedback. I meant this to be a humorous entry. This is his home, a place no one ever sees, and yes, it's cozy for him. It's supposed to show his softer side that the world doesn't get to see. Everyone sees minotaurs as evil beasts, but what if there are civilized minotaurs out there that just want a bit of peace and quiet and they do this by building labyrinths around their homes, but pests (adventurers) keeping invading their territory. That's when the beast is unleashed. :devil:

Yes, the mix of sci-fi and luxury did come across clearly. I'm glad to hear that you intended the guy to be in a separate area. Guys are pervs. :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback on mine. I really wanted to give a close-up look at the beast behind the minotaur. He's not a fighting, killing machine all the time. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. I meant this to be a humorous entry. This is his home, a place no one ever sees, and yes, it's cozy for him. It's supposed to show his softer side that the world doesn't get to see. Everyone sees minotaurs as evil beasts, but what if there are civilized minotaurs out there that just want a bit of peace and quiet and they do this by building labyrinths around their homes, but pests (adventurers) keeping invading their territory. That's when the beast is unleashed. :devil:

I never would have thought about it like that. now that youve put it in that perspective its very nicely done. id love to live there if i was a minotaur. good luck on your entry!

I never would have thought about it like that. now that youve put it in that perspective its very nicely done. id love to live there if i was a minotaur. good luck on your entry!

Thanks! I know I made an entry that is a little out there with a very different perspective. I just hope people enjoy it. :sweet: It'd be nice to win, but I loved building it. I haven't built that many MOCs so it was a great feeling to be inspired.

I think we are now left with less than 3 weeks!!! 'Hello', where are the Category B entries? :look:

In category A, is a 2 stud overhang allowed for things other that tree branches and minifig accessories?

Yes, as long it is within reasonable range.

I think we are now left with less than 3 weeks!!! 'Hello', where are the Category B entries? :look:

I guess people are still working on them? :look:

Category B frightens and confuses me. *huh* lol. But honestly, not really sure how to tackle an architectural design with the collectible minifigures. The scales are different.

Category B frightens and confuses me. *huh* lol. But honestly, not really sure how to tackle an architectural design with the collectible minifigures. The scales are different.

Think out of the box :wink:. I have an idea for an entry, but still working out the details...

I've done one, I'm feeling a little lonely.... :doh1: