WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

Looking forward to the new participants' entries!

Part of Clause 10 for Category B states:

"You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 6 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 6 like the Sleepyhead's teddy bear, Celtic Warrior's sword, Mechanic's wrench, Lady Liberty's tablet, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minifigures and parts are allow in this category."

Does it mean the Butcher's t-bone steak, cleaver cannot be used? but we can use the butcher?

No, all Series 6 minifigure must not be used in the actual contest. The creation must cater for their existence but does not mean it has to be physically there.

Is there an entry thread and can I post pictures of the creation in the thread or do I link to them? :grin:

Please look around at the Special LEGO Themes forum for awhile and take a moment to read the rules carefully. It is stated there.

And heeeeere we go again :tongue:. I'm glad there's a long deadline, because I'm really really busy these days, so hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in enough time to get something up :sweet:

Ohh, great! Your participation with some of the veterans are the ones who I look forward to as well.

May you enter in both categories, with both an 8x8 vigg. and a 24x24 vigg?

Yes, you are allowed to choose to participate up to both categories. You may only submit one entry per category. Be sure to read the rules carefully for each category.

Sorry...I'm a little confused about the use of "Architecture" in the Category B contest. Does the architecture have to be from one of the official LEGO Architecture sets? And if not, does it have to be based on another easily recognizable "real world" building, or is any building we choose suitable? Thanks for the clarification, and sorry about the confusion! default_blush.gif

Sorry...I'm a little confused about the use of "Architecture" in the Category B contest. Does the architecture have to be from one of the official LEGO Architecture sets? And if not, does it have to be based on another easily recognizable "real world" building, or is any building we choose suitable? Thanks for the clarification, and sorry about the confusion! default_blush.gif

The word defines "architectural" or "architecture" is the same definition.

Under pointers 2, 3 and 4 of Category B rules, it spells out clearly.

The selected architectural design can be build in either minifigure scale or in LEGO Architecture scale like these following examples.

The selected architectural design of your participating entry can be fictitious or non-fictitious.

By definition of a "Architecture" or "Architectural"; The art and science of design and erecting buildings and other physical structures. A general term to describe buildings and other infrastructures. A style and method of design and construction. If you are unsure of your selection, please ASK ME!

I need to be sure to enter this time. I had a great idea for the Series 5 contest but never took the time to build it, maybe I'll start with my series 5 idea to get inspiration for something to do with a Series 6 minifig.

I'll likely be entering this one, but for category A Could there be two series 6 figures for 1 vig?

The Category A is intended for one selected Series 6 minifigure for the vig. More importantly, you are building a vig which is meant for the Series 6 minifig which is not supposed to be there. For the past contests in Category A, this is a tradition which I have continue to uphold. You may look back at past entries for the older series to grasp a better understanding if you don't understand what I am trying to explain.

I have (yet another) question, this one redgarding if my Category B entry is eligible. The "architecture" is a large rock, taller than anything else in the diorama. Would this be able to be entered? And yes, I am unsure of my selection.

I have (yet another) question, this one redgarding if my Category B entry is eligible. The "architecture" is a large rock, taller than anything else in the diorama. Would this be able to be entered? And yes, I am unsure of my selection.

Large rock is not considered as an architecture and in simple words, it is not a place/building where you can put people to live in. Sounds more like landscaping to me.

I'm definitely looking forward to this cometition and the entries that will result. i'll try and get one done for contest A, I doubt i have time for B at the moment. New uni year and all that jazz.

One thing I'm curious about, why have no figure present that you're representing? I understand that rule, I just don't understand that logic behind it. Is it because some people don't have the figures?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

One thing I'm curious about, why have no figure present that you're representing? I understand that rule, I just don't understand that logic behind it. Is it because some people don't have the figures?

This was a traditional rule for Category A. In the past, where Series 1 and 2 are not widely available, we find it is an unfair rule to allow the participants to showcase their Series 1 and 2 minifigures unless everyone (globally) had a chance to buy it conveniently. Thus, as time goes by, we also find this rule pretty innovative and wanting it to continue for the rest of the series.

You mentioned there would be a contest for Architecture Month - was that just referring to Category B of this contest, or will there be another competition this month focusing solely on Architecture?

Sorry if I'm being really really really thick here default_blush.gif but I want to clarify Category B as I'd like to give it a go.

I get that the building must relate to two minifigs (Series 6 and any 1-5), and I get that the S6 one must not appear. With the S1-5 fig, must it appear or not, or does it not matter?!

Edited by caperberry

You mentioned there would be a contest for Architecture Month - was that just referring to Category B of this contest, or will there be another competition this month focusing solely on Architecture?

It will be another one. :wink:

Sorry if I'm being really really really thick here default_blush.gif but I want to clarify Category B as I'd like to give it a go.

I get that the building must relate to two minifigs (Series 6 and any 1-5), and I get that the S6 one must not appear. With the S1-5 fig, must it appear or not, or does it not matter?!

Correct. The selected Series 1 to 5 minifig must appears in your entry. You can choose to use more than one but you will have to state it clearly. The Series 6 minifig must not appear in there but you must state the name of it, so you can associate with your entry concept.

It will be another one. :wink:

Correct. The selected Series 1 to 5 minifig must appears in your entry. You can choose to use more than one but you will have to state it clearly. The Series 6 minifig must not appear in there but you must state the name of it, so you can associate with your entry concept.

Thanks - and that's really exciting news about the Architecture competition! I assumed it was the category B one. Great!

Edited by caperberry

Thanks - and that's really exciting news about the Architecture competition! I assumed it was the category B one. Great!

Nope, the Category B was just only the appetizer to celebrate in conjunction with the EB Architecture Month. :grin:

I have a few questions:

1. I only have a camera on my phone, but it is a good one. (All pics that I have taken and posted were taken with this camera)

May I be granted an exception of sorts, as the only reason for that rule is to ensure good pics?

2. Can I post my entry in its own thread (in addition to the main thread), in order to recieve C&C?

Edited by LEGOman273

1. I only have a camera on my phone, but it is a good one. (All pics that I have taken and posted were taken with this camera)

May I be granted an exception of sorts, as the only reason for that rule is to ensure good pics?

If you are able to produce good images for your entry, then it will be good for consideration.

2. Can I post my entry in its own thread (in addition to the main thread), in order to recieve C&C?

No.

If you are able to produce good images for your entry, then it will be good for consideration.

Thanks! Pics will be up in a few minutes.

Well, I posted my entry, so far, only eight entries in the contest in two weeks. :sad: But what do you think of it? :classic:

I don't know if it's been discussed already, but I've got a question.

I know the rules state that you can't use any of the new minifigs or their accessories. What if their accessories aren't new, or come in different colours? Then is it ok to use them?

What I'm basically asking is, can I use old colours of the new minifigs accessories in my entry? Thanks.

What I'm basically asking is, can I use old colours of the new minifigs accessories in my entry? Thanks.

Anything that is only unique and new to CMF Series 6 in terms of their distinct colours and design are not allowed.

In short, yes you can!

Anything that is only unique and new to CMF Series 6 in terms of their distinct colours and design are not allowed.

In short, yes you can!

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, I'm off to design my entry now!