Sign in to follow this  
BeKindRewind

MOC - Statue of Liberty

I know I'm not the first to post their Statue of Liberty MOC here. Ever since Series 6 minifigs came out I pretty sure most of us at least thought of how to do this MOC and quite a few probably have something similar sitting on their desk somewhere. But, I was kinda proud of my little MOC and thought I'd post it here for you all to see. I tried to make it in the style of the Architecture series, particularly the Landmark style as I like their small scale (plus the minifig herself kinda required it). Feel free to leave comments or critiques.

01liberty.jpg

02liberty.jpg

05liberty.jpg

I like it. The color should be tan, but that's a minor gripe. The base is well done, with the slanted slab in-between the two. Looks like the real deal.

Thanks everyone!

Mr Benn I actually have another idea for the contest that I'm working on, though I do think it's funny that I posted my MOC mere hours before the contest was announced (is that irony or just bad timing?).

Legocrazy81, I tried tan and it just didn't feel right but I know it's just personal preference.

Nice one, but I agree with the Tan part mentioned above.

It kind of resembles the exclusive set 40026?

Have to say I like your design more than the 40026 set. I don't know about the colors if they are right/wrong, but I think it looks aesthetically pleasing the way you built it.