Hive

Forum skins -- Comments and Issues

This is how we roll baby :laugh:!!! Great work everybody, it is a stylish classic :thumbup:!

And this is just another thing that makes Eurobricks so good, a dynamic forum with the best Staff and members in the world!

Hi All (particularly the all-powerful webmaster, keeper of the fonts, passwords and site colors),

Sorry to be a pain but this new blue letters on white background is killing my eyes! If no one else feels the same I'll sit down, shut up, grin and bear it but if it's not too much to ask could you change it back?

How do YOU feel about it?

Cheers, Joe

Haven't we been using this colour combination for years? :look:

It looks new to me but I've just been using the site since this past summer. Is it the winter theme? I find it difficult to quickly go through the post titles when I click on 'New Content' to find what interests me and ultimately it's bothersome. Perhaps a darker shade of blue for the letters, I dunno? My screen's color settings are often calibrated with my Spyder so I don't think it's a hardware problem on my end (unless eyeballs can be considered as such!). Thanks, Joe

Edited by bjtpro

It looks easy to read for me. Try making your screen darker. It's perfectly alright for me. :shrug_oh_well:

I have no Idea what you are talking about, perhaps you mean white letters on a blue background ?

Either way, the only thing that hurts my eyes are those nasty redcoats above :tongue:

The winter theme is the one we've used for years. Are you talking about the blue font of the topic titles when browsing a forum? If so it doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

The winter theme is the one we've used for years. Are you talking about the blue font of the topic titles when browsing a forum? If so it doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

Hi, yes I was talking about the light blue titles on the white background. Normally I click on View New Content and look at the titles to quickly find what's new or interesting. It's not the easiest of color schemes to read IMO. Thanks, Joe

The blue used to be a bit darker I think, but the current settings are fine for me.
Not to complain, They hurt my eyes too. But, hey, who cares about my two cents?

I think we all agree that red would be much more suitable :D

But seriously, the colors are just all right.

I have read somewhere that blue text on a light-yellow background is considered to be the most easily readable for dyslectics. I have no idea why, and how accurate that is.

Not a major issue but I've noticed on my profile (and I assume everyone else's) the display name blends in with the white background and therefore doesn't appear without being highlighted over.

Just thought I'd bring it up.

No prob, glad I could help. :)

EDIT: Also affects text on other sections of Settings.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Invision seems to think that all forums should have light backgrounds and make it a headache to do anything outside of that without completely reworking the skin. Oddly, this is the same base as Architecture month, but no one noticed that problem during that month. Go figure.

I'll take a look at it, but at least it isn't critical.

Added: Fixed the name with the help of our resident coding mistress, Darkdragon. :sweet:

Thanks to whomever fixed the black background back to white for "read" topics. It was really off-putting. Everything else about the current skin is pretty good (I think) though.

Do we have the ability to choose different skins? I frequent another forum which is based on this same software and we can choose from a half-dozen different color schemes. This one is too bright for my liking.

I've looked around and do not see any options to change it.

Thanks

PS. Great site, regardless!

Do we have the ability to choose different skins? I frequent another forum which is based on this same software and we can choose from a half-dozen different color schemes. This one is too bright for my liking.

I've looked around and do not see any options to change it.

Thanks

We used to, a couple years ago, but we don't anymore. If I remember correctly, it caused too many issues with the board software.

We used to, a couple years ago, but we don't anymore. If I remember correctly, it caused too many issues with the board software.

Awww... Thanks for the quick answer.