Sign in to follow this  
Steinkopf

MOC: Be 4/4II

Hello Everyone here is the next locomotive I would like to show the Be 4//4II, this locomotive is mainly used for freight haulage on the LBB network, the design was inspired heavily by the OBB 1063 Class locomotive from Austria.

6782151114_a7c58d775f_z.jpg

6928272495_f6eb75e09f_z.jpg

6928275685_5b737596ea_z.jpg

1063-014-x-mt.jpg

Comparing to some of the photos - it seems slightly short - but is still a good realisation of the cab windows (upside down). Well done.

I would also have suggested making the nose 5 studs wide - and using some 1x2 plates with one studs to offset the width; the 1 stud wide tiles along the edge almost seem to wide.

Edited by roamingstudio

1063-014-x-mt.jpg

Comparing to some of the photos - it seems slightly short - but is still a good realisation of the cab windows (upside down). Well done.

I would also have suggested making the nose 5 studs wide - and using some 1x2 plates with one studs to offset the width; the 1 stud wide tiles along the edge almost seem to wide.

Hello roamingstudio

With my locomotives they are not exact copies of real life ones, I practice what is known in the model railway world as "freelancing" this is where you draw inspiration from something in real life and then apply your own interpretation of it. The inspiration for this locomotive in particular came from the OBB 1063 Class which I wanted to capture elements that I liked in the real life locomotive, these include the inverted slope of the windscreen the long low hoods and centre cab arrangement.

Edited by Steinkopf