Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: The Mystery Machine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm not sure if this should go in Action Themes or Special themes but since the Scooby Doo gang are "Monster Fighters" I think i've posted this topic in the right forum.

6802678142_800536834f.jpg

Hello and today I will be showing my Mystery Machine, the converted camper van that Scooby Doo and the gang use as their transport and mobile HQ. The Mystery Machine has alot of patterns and a cartoony shape that I think I managed to reacreate in bricks quite well. It took a couple of nights to build and can hold two minifigures. Enjoy!

6782114084_f8418b59ef.jpg

And some more shots showing the side detailing and lettering and the overall size and shape of the model:

6782117198_ee48ed6e8b.jpg

I hope you liked my Mystery Machine and comments or suggestions for improvement are welcome!

And a scence with the camper as a bonus...

6928233605_9bf4f66ab2.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Jinkies! That's pretty groovy.

Looks to be a pretty good build even with the difficulties of scale. The lettering is tough to brick create, I suppose a large custom sticker could be a possibility, though.

Oh, I suppose if I wanted to be picky, I'd say the bricks the flowers are mounted on are non-lime (if they exist) so that stands out some.

Any pictures of the minifig gang?

Edited by TheWarden

Hello!

You did a great effort to achieve the letters made out of bricks on the sides of the bus. They turned out pretty well!

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I really like the challenge of brick-building the letters rather than a decal or sticker...very well executed.

Mind you...I could have built the same thing...if it wasn't for my meddling kids. ;)

There really needs to be more LEGO interpretations of this classic show. :grin: Looks great! The minifigs are nice, too, although Shaggy looks a little strange to me. I'm particularly fond of how you did the detailing on the sides of the van. Great job!